wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by eye Color : Green
wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

3.7

on 12/21/2016 1:06:00 PM

I don't know how Wet n Wild does it. This brand, man. They keep coming out with products that impress me, and those impressive products literally cost pennies.

As a junkie, I feel like I have used every liquid lipstick known to man...Stila, Jeffree, ABH, Jouer, and Huda's are among some of my favorites and now these WnW lippies are right up there with the rest of them. I have bought many a drugstore liquid lippie without having my hopes too high and not expecting much, and even then, I was horribly dissapointed. This is seriously half the price of other drugstore liquid lipsticks and about 5,000 times better in quality....what.

I paid $17 for 6 shades (Nudie Patootie, Nudist Peach, Coral Corruption, Pink Really Hard, Rebel Rose, and Give Me Mocha) at Walgreens after using up reward points. I immediately swatched them on my hand in the car and my giddy excitement was.....quelled a little bit, to say the least. The colors are beautiful and HEAVILY on trend, but seem to be a little patchy or streaky. "no matter," I said to myself, "remember I paid $3 for each of these....." I started regretting buying 6 of them right away, but went ahead and picked one to apply on my lips. I chose Give Me Mocha. And then the excitement came back!

One stroke was not enough to give me the opaque color pay off I wanted, and I was nervous that perhaps layering more and more coats was just going to wreck it even more. Not the case! I got my desired look with two applications and it wasn't crusty, streaky, or chunky in any way. The indented doe foot applicator hugs the contour of your lips and is pretty awesome too.

The staying power is second to none. I went to work straight after (makeup artist), where I accumulated even more lipstick swatches on my hand, and throughout the day an ABH swatch was wearing down long before the WnW swatches from my car that morning. And the color on my lips wasn't budging an inch through tons of talking, my bad habit of nervous lip licking/chewing, and eating and drinking. When I got home and was ready to take off my makeup, it was a little hard to remove and took two cotton squares of Bioderma micellar water, but I'm not entirely bothered by that because......I love ANYTHING this long wearing!

I'm probably going to go back and buy all of the shades. Even though I feel like there might be a little bit of quality discrepancies between some of the shades (some apply better than others) it is a problem that is easily circumvented, just apply more than one coat and it will still look and hold up fine. For three to four dollars, I really can't complain, especially when I've had $20+ liquid lippies perform way worse than this. go get one as soon as you can, and then pray that WnW is going to make these a permanent product in their line!

A little about the colors i have (mostly all the "nude" shades:)

Nudie patootie: a very light, cool toned, nearly grey-ish nude....looks almost zombie-ish on me (NC30 skin) but I actually really love it because of that! Personal preference I guess.

Nudist Peach: a very muted Peach/coral, I thought I would have a dupe for this in my lipstick collection but it turns out I don't. A little streaky but not too bad, easily fixed with a second coat.

Pink Really Hard: a soft and wearable bubblegum pink, I was hoping it was going to have more mauve tones like ABH Lovely (they look identical in their tubes) but it doesn't. I like it though, it's a very flattering "natural" pink.

Coral Corruption: muted red/coral, not too intense, reminds me of ABH retro coral but more versatile.

Rebel rose: I can see this being the color everyone goes nuts over. A true dusty rose mauve. Absolutrly gorgeous, holy wow.

Give Me Mocha: my least favorite, this by far has the patchiest formula of all of the colors I have but it's very pretty. A brown red, looks almost like dried blood, but it's not overly deep and wears super natural. Needed a lot of coats to get it to look good though.

on 1/28/2017 8:51:00 PM

I finally found these at my local Walgreens. They were almost sold out, and I managed to snag two colors: Nudist Peach and Coral Corruption. They were $4.99 each and I was impressed with the quality of these liquid lipsticks. I have to say I prefer the quality of the Milani Amore liquid lipsticks as they go on flawless and last all day, but these aren't bad for $5! They are long wearing, and do not dry out your lips. They really do last after I sipped coffee, ate, and even had a drink or two and do not transfer onto your cup, mug or glass. I love the color Nudist Peach, it's this beautiful pink nude. As for the Coral Corruption, it's a very bright coral color, which I'm still debating whether I like or not. They may apply streaky at first (that's why I took off a lippie), but another coat just seals the deal. It takes a bit to dry, but once dry, the color is just beautiful. And it does stay on, does not flake off, and you will get at least 5 hours of wear with this. Overall, you must try them on. You get so much quality for your buck! A definite success and I hope they become permanent!

on 3/6/2018 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update 05/13/18: I recently also picked up Lavender Crown and Loose Change. Both of them are also pretty great, but I think Lavender Crown might be a little less pigmented than I expected. A second layer goes on fine, though. I feel like Loose Change wears off faster than the other colors I have, so I probably won't be buying it again.**

This is a review for Flame of the Game and Nudist Peach.

I bought Flame of the Game last year, I think when these first became available in stores, and instantly fell in love. It was the red lip color I'd been searching for (orange-leaning, instead of blue), and after years of looking and wasting money, I finally found the right shade.

I like that it's pretty bright, but not really neon-bright. The application is pretty smooth, and it lasts a really long time, even through eating and drinking. I sometimes do have to do a minor touch up after a few hours, but I expect that and have no complaints about it. This stuff is surprisingly comfortable for a liquid matte at such a low price. I've also tried one of the Nyx ones, and I loved it, but now I think I prefer Wet n Wild's Liquid Catsuits.

I really, really don't advise using this with a liner, though. I've tried it and it always ends up streaking outside my lips for some reason. But, because of the shape of the doe foot applicator on these, it's pretty easy to wipe off most of the product and use the tip to line your lips, then pick up the product and fill in.I like that a lot because it saves me some time and it's one less thing I need to carry with me.

Nudist Peach, omg! I'm super fair with neutral to warm undertones (for reference, Maybelline's FitMe M&P in Porcelain, L'Oreal True Match in W1, and Too Faced BTW in Swan are all too dark, but M&P is probably the closest match, with Swan being about 1.5-2 shades too dark), and I've probably tried 10-15 nude lip shades over the last few years. They were all either too pink or too...beige-y grey, I guess, and I looked like a corpse, or it just looked like pink lipstick.

This shade, though, is perfect. It's the nude lip color I've dreamed about. It's very close to the natural color of my lips, but just different enough to be interesting. It isn't too dark or too light, it's not a bright shade, and it doesn't make my face look weird and sick. It's a nice, warm shade that I can easily wear during the day for a simple shade and minimal makeup, or for going out with a more bold eye look.

So, if you're warmer undertoned and fair, and you've also had no luck finding a good nude lip color, I highly recommend trying this one.

I've only worn this 2-3 times so far, but so far I really like it. The application is smooth, the wear time is impressive, and it's very comfortable, just like FOTG.

My only kind-of-complaint about these is that neither ever quite feels like it's dry. They don't transfer very much (mostly just from the very innermost part of my lip onto a straw or something), but they still feel very slightly tacky, even after being on for a long time. It's not really a problem, but it's a strange feeling and took some getting used to.

Just a random tip for removal: If you've tried these (or other liquid matte lipsticks/long-wear lipsticks) and you've had a hard time getting them off at the end of the day, I suggest coconut oil. I tried it on a whim a while back after deciding to not wear FOTG, and it takes the product off in about 3 seconds. Just swipe a teeny bit onto your lips and wipe away with a tissue. I've tried other products in the past and they almost always caused the product to bleed outside my lip line and stain it, or there's been a stain of color left on my actual lips, but the coconut oil hasn't done that so far.

I will definitely be buying more of these in the future as I go through some of my other lipsticks and want to replace shades with longer wearing matte formulas, and I keep recommending these to other people.

Pros:
-Decent wear time
-Comfortable (doesn't make my lips feel dry or like there's a stiff product on them, etc.)
-Pretty cheap
-Nice packaging (I love how the cap kind of locks into place when you close it, and the shape of the applicator is nice and it's also not too big or small)
-Ok shade range (nice mix of warm/cool shades, as well as light to dark shades, and even a few like blue, black, etc.)
-Very little transfer
-Goes on smooth
-One coat has worked out well for me so far, but I can also add a second coat without it getting patchy or heavy
-Unlike the one I tried from Nyx, I can put a light coat of lip balm on before using these without it making the product streak or wear off faster

Cons:
-Mine still feel a little tacky long after they've dried
-Coconut oil is the only thing I've found that removes the last traces of it without making my lips feel raw afterwards (not a big con for me personally, though, because I use coconut oil all the time for stuff like this)

on 12/20/2016 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I hope to heck these are permanent, because the quality is amazing for such a low price point. I have a couple of their LE liquid lips; one is lovely and the other not so much. The Catsuit formula seems to be their perfected product: it is easy to apply, feels light and not terribly drying. I bought Flame of the Game which is close to Jeffree Star's Anna Nicole, but $12/$13 less AND available from your local Walgreens, no shipping fees required.
The staying power is excellent yet removes easily with a biphasic type makeup remover ( I use Garnier WP Micellar water). The line is cruelty free ( not sure about vegan) as are all WnW products. I definitely plan on getting at least one more; you could get nearly the entire set for the price of one higher end liquid lip.
I have tried Stila, KVD, Sephora brand, Jeffree Star and various independent merchants on Etsy and I maintain this formula is at the top of the list ( also fond of Sephora's as well.)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I highly regret giving into the hype and buying these, they are just not very good tbh. I bought 2 of them(nudist peach and pink really hard) they both were the same in terms of application. Neither of the colors suited me either but i would definitely hve given another shade try if i actually thought the formula was good. I found them to be streaky, nudist peach built up to be opaque but pink really hard was streaky no matter how many coats i applied. The only problem was when you build it up like most liquid lips tend to do t would flake off and look gross. I also found that it never dried down and would get everywhere, tbh it reminded me a lot of nyx soft matte lip creams which i am not a fan of. Also the shade pink really hard appears to be a mid toned warm pink in the bottle but is actually a very bright coral shade.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Some of these are good, and some are really bad. I started off with one of the best, Rebel Rose. This made me curious to buy more, so I chose Nudist Peach and Pink Really Hard. Both are patchy and look awful, and I'm applying them the same way as Rebel Rose. RR is more comfortable and longer lasting. Sometimes pigments just don't work with certain formulas.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought Wet ‘n’ Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit in the shade “give me mocha”,I really like the color it reminded me of the Milani Amore Matte liquid lipstick in the shade “01 Loved” but “give me mocha” is a little bit darker. I really like the creaminess of it and it stays on for a really long time,even though meals. The one problem I have with this product is that the applicator has a little curve to it with a really pointy tip that makes the product uncomfortable and streaky to put on, but after two coats it’s really good. This is a really good product for the price. I would definitely recommend this product.

on 7/5/2017 1:32:00 PM

I have 3 shades- Nudie Patootie, Rebel Rose and Nudist Peach... The pigmentation depends on which shade you go for, Rebel Rose was by far the most even and pigmented! The others were a little patchy but built up okay..
They didn't wear too bad, a little faded and crumbly after eating but reapplied okay over top.. Very affordable and comparable to other high end liquid lipsticks, can't go wrong with the price! I would recommend Rebel Rose, very nice formula and colour!

Okay i'm absolutely in love with these lippies. The only reason I don't give them 5/5 is sadly for something that plagues a lot of us when formulating a liquid matte lipstick...they are wonderfully pigmented (most of them) and dry up/stay on like a DREAM but at the expense of moisture:( womp womppp. My already dry lips feel pretty stiff/extra dry but can I *really* complain when the color payoff/stay power is so great?

The component is fantastic, it's a clear tube and when you twist the top to close, it clicks! Sooo satisfying. The applicator tip is quite a curvy little doe foot, and I will say that for my skinny/barely there typical white girl lips it can seem a bit too big/wide for me and I have to be extra extra careful not to grossly over-swipe because the product ends up all over my face having me look like some 5 year old who got into mommy's makeup!

So far I have 4 shades, Nudist Peach, Pink Really Hard, Give Me Mocha, and Video Vixen. I will say though, Nudist Peach and Video Vixen are a bit more sheer than the other two, and almost always need 2 coats/layers. Nudist Peach isn't super flattering on me either so I might give that one to my bestie tbh) Pink Really Hard and Give Me Mocha are amazing in pigment. All of them stay so well, so I suppose my other sort of "gripe" would be the removal. Damn these things will stay PUT. Lol you will definitely need mineral oil or baby oil or whatever to remove. Just a plain baby wipe/makeup wipe will not do!

Make sure your lips are EXFOLIATED, MOISTURIZED, and PRIMED before wearing these, y'all! I've made the mistake of not exfoliating way too many times and the results are horrific. In the end, these are my absolute go-to liquid lippie so far-for the price, I'll be collecting every shade for sure!!

on 11/20/2017 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Bought 3 of these (3 for $10 at Walgreen's) in Pink Really Hard, Berry Recognize and Missy & Fierce.
These are for my 13 year old who LOVES them - same manufacturer as Kat Von D and a fraction of the price. Highly picmneted and long lasting. (The red one - Missy & Fierce - can stain).

A great value.

Update - my 13 year old still adores these so for $3.99 (the 3 for 10 sale was long over) at Walgreen's I got her another in "Nudie Patootie" - a beige-y nude matte.