Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm one of those makeup junkies who loves bold lipsticks, but lives in a very windy climate. I also wear my hair down almost exclusively, due to laziness. So if I step outside for a minute rocking my boldest red lip, you can imagine the outcome. It's horrific.

Thus the need for a good liquid lipstick to avoid hair sticking to my lips and smearing the color all over my face. I like to arrive to work not looking like a drunk trainwreck, and a liquid lipstick would help fit the bill.

I've tried 5 drugstore brand liquid lipsticks, and 3 sucked (L'Oreal, Maybelline, and Palladio... they just flat out refuse to dry down like a stubborn toddler) and 2 were pretty good, but a little drying (Makeup Revolution and Jordana). Wet 'n' Wild knocks them all out of the park.

First off, the applicator is a dream. It's a doe foot with a slight dip which somehow manages to pick up just enough product for a full application. You can, however, build up the color if you like. It layers just fine. But I find one swipe gives full color.

It dries down completely in about a minute, but doesn't feel like it's sucked the life out of my lips. It doesn't feel heavy either. Most times, I forget I'm even wearing it.

It wears like iron too. It won't crumble, fade, whatever. But you will need a hardcore oil remover to get it off. (Neutrogena has a great one, btw)

For $5, I'll buy any shade that flatters me, and I hope they release more. It's a great formula, and it keeps me from looking crazy any time I step outside during a windy day (which, in the Midwest, is pretty much everyday... lawd). I'm legit impressed, I'd hug the CEO if I could. That's not weird, right?

Eh, whatever. Buy this lipstick. Thank me later.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wet n Wild currently owns most of my makeup bag, and for good reason. They seriously did their thing last year and early this year when it came to their MegaLast lines, and this matte liquid lipstick is no exception to that rule. I own four of these lipsticks and I'll list them in order from favorite to least favorite. I have Goth Topic, Flame of the Game, Give Me Mocha, and Rebel Rose.

1) Goth Topic. You knew it was coming. I keep blackened purple lips around like a bad habit and wear it even in the brutal heat of a punishing LA summer. I picked up Goth Topic at Walgreens for $5, and I'm so glad I did because now I can hardly ever find it in stock anywhere. Like the name would imply, this is a very rich, bold, dark purple color that is moody, witchy, and usually makes people take a step back when you wear it out. My boyfriend calls it an 'evil' color, and by that I guess he means that I'm difficult to approach when I wear it. I usually layer this over an NYX lip pencil for even more of a vibe. Once I find a lipgloss to wear over it, I'll be unstoppable.

2) Flame of the Game. My cousin convinced me to get this color. I never would have purchased it, but I kept coming back to it in stores and finally she told me to buy it and wear it to her sisters bachelorette party. She gave me a choice between this and a hideous bright pink. It will be a cold day in hell before I wear bright pink. Flame of the Game is a vibrant, ridiculous, LOOK AT ME HAHAHAHAHAHAH psychopathic orange color. There really is no other description for it. I look like I need to be committed when I wear it, so normally it does not see the light of day. However, I kind of like the uneasy "who the **** let her out of the house?!" stares I get when I do decide to take this color off punishment. Honestly, this color reminds me of a traffic cone. Definitely a color you have to get used to.

3) Give Me Mocha. This is a work-friendly shade of brownish pink. For me it would be a MLBB shade, but it's just a tad too pink. I used to wear it more than I do now, except I realized that when I tan, it just drops the brown and looks more pinkish on me than I would like. Nonetheless, it is still a beautiful color, and it is a great bridge between the obnoxious pale pinks and the berries in this line.

4) Rebel Rose. I stupidly purchased this color thinking it would be a cute pink. I don't know what kind of crack I was smoking that day, because all this color does is give me corpse lips. I look like I'm dying in this shade. It was almost as bad as Stingraye from Colourpop, and THAT is a day that will live in infamy. Rebel Rose would best suit a fairer lady with cool undertones. We do not get along.

The only reason I did not give these a perfect five star is because I am not a fan of traditional matte finish lipsticks. I've mentioned in another review that I prefer demi-matte to a full matte lip, and I would consider these to be not quite a full matte, but pretty damn close. Every time I wear one of these, I always want a matching or gloss to go over them, ESPECIALLY Goth Topic. I feel that a lot of the colors would look absolutely beautiful if they had the same finish that NYX Soft Matte's did. They are far more comfortable to wear than ColourPop, and the staying power is far above NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I put on Goth Topic the other day for a date (the man loves a challenge) at 5:00 and reached my destination at 9:00. Midnight and four drinks later, I barely needed to reapply. Insanity.

For liquid lipsticks, the only thing that outlasts these with staying power is Smashbox Always On, but I can't always afford $24 for a lip product (even though I drool constantly over True Grit and Out Loud pretty much lives in my bag come summer).

The other great thing about the Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks is that there is no scent. At all. THANK YOU JESUS.

All in all, I really like the Liquid Catsuits. Wet n Wild scores once again.

on 12/22/2016 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I can't believe I'm saying this, but…

WET N WILD KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK

…With this one. I never liked *anything* from Wet N Wild, but this formula is amazing on my dry, easily-cracked lips.

(LA Splash Milani Amore Matte, I'm talking to you!)

The formula is just right; it isn't thin and chalky (NYX Soft Matte), heavy and thick (NYX Liquid Suede, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte, L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss, Armani Lip Maestro), thick (NYX Lip Lingerie, MAC), too expensive (Too Faced, KVD, Kylie), AND it dries in a minute without transfer.

I got Give Me Mocha, hoping for a brown-tinged red, but i was pleasantly surprised with the true red on my NC40 skin.

$5 well-spent!

on 12/21/2016 1:06:00 PM

I don't know how Wet n Wild does it. This brand, man. They keep coming out with products that impress me, and those impressive products literally cost pennies.

As a junkie, I feel like I have used every liquid lipstick known to man...Stila, Jeffree, ABH, Jouer, and Huda's are among some of my favorites and now these WnW lippies are right up there with the rest of them. I have bought many a drugstore liquid lippie without having my hopes too high and not expecting much, and even then, I was horribly dissapointed. This is seriously half the price of other drugstore liquid lipsticks and about 5,000 times better in quality....what.

I paid $17 for 6 shades (Nudie Patootie, Nudist Peach, Coral Corruption, Pink Really Hard, Rebel Rose, and Give Me Mocha) at Walgreens after using up reward points. I immediately swatched them on my hand in the car and my giddy excitement was.....quelled a little bit, to say the least. The colors are beautiful and HEAVILY on trend, but seem to be a little patchy or streaky. "no matter," I said to myself, "remember I paid $3 for each of these....." I started regretting buying 6 of them right away, but went ahead and picked one to apply on my lips. I chose Give Me Mocha. And then the excitement came back!

One stroke was not enough to give me the opaque color pay off I wanted, and I was nervous that perhaps layering more and more coats was just going to wreck it even more. Not the case! I got my desired look with two applications and it wasn't crusty, streaky, or chunky in any way. The indented doe foot applicator hugs the contour of your lips and is pretty awesome too.

The staying power is second to none. I went to work straight after (makeup artist), where I accumulated even more lipstick swatches on my hand, and throughout the day an ABH swatch was wearing down long before the WnW swatches from my car that morning. And the color on my lips wasn't budging an inch through tons of talking, my bad habit of nervous lip licking/chewing, and eating and drinking. When I got home and was ready to take off my makeup, it was a little hard to remove and took two cotton squares of Bioderma micellar water, but I'm not entirely bothered by that because......I love ANYTHING this long wearing!

I'm probably going to go back and buy all of the shades. Even though I feel like there might be a little bit of quality discrepancies between some of the shades (some apply better than others) it is a problem that is easily circumvented, just apply more than one coat and it will still look and hold up fine. For three to four dollars, I really can't complain, especially when I've had $20+ liquid lippies perform way worse than this. go get one as soon as you can, and then pray that WnW is going to make these a permanent product in their line!

A little about the colors i have (mostly all the "nude" shades:)

Nudie patootie: a very light, cool toned, nearly grey-ish nude....looks almost zombie-ish on me (NC30 skin) but I actually really love it because of that! Personal preference I guess.

Nudist Peach: a very muted Peach/coral, I thought I would have a dupe for this in my lipstick collection but it turns out I don't. A little streaky but not too bad, easily fixed with a second coat.

Pink Really Hard: a soft and wearable bubblegum pink, I was hoping it was going to have more mauve tones like ABH Lovely (they look identical in their tubes) but it doesn't. I like it though, it's a very flattering "natural" pink.

Coral Corruption: muted red/coral, not too intense, reminds me of ABH retro coral but more versatile.

Rebel rose: I can see this being the color everyone goes nuts over. A true dusty rose mauve. Absolutrly gorgeous, holy wow.

Give Me Mocha: my least favorite, this by far has the patchiest formula of all of the colors I have but it's very pretty. A brown red, looks almost like dried blood, but it's not overly deep and wears super natural. Needed a lot of coats to get it to look good though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 3/31/17: I just got rebel rose that is the most awesome color; I wish they'd get these in the display!!!
---
Original review: Wetnwild is so awesome! They've done it yet again--managed to hoodwink us--and create a top notch product for under $5!! Amazing!! I have Give Me Mocha a beautiful brown & I want more! For $35 I got a whole box of makeup I ordered online I'm very pleased w everything. Cruelty free yesss sign me upppp this lasts as long as my Jeffree Star, Kylie, & KvD lipsticks yes this can play w the big names just fine!! It's just hard to tell from the color swatches online what is what so I guess I need it order them all. Let me be an enabler you need 1 of these lipsticks if for nothing else the apocalypse when The Donald starts World War III this lipstick delivers on everything & I like the applicator. Removes also same as reviewer below w bi-phase micellar water but I hope these aren't LE. I won't be buying colourpop coz I'll be buying some more wnw!Great price pointe just hate waiting 5-10:days on free shipping. Wish they were in the display!!

on 12/13/2016 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy cannoli, Wet n Wild!!

I picked this up (after pounding some serious pavement trying to find it) in Rebel Rose in hopes that it might be a dupe for Queen B by Too Faced, and boy did it rise to the occasion! Unlike Queen B, this doesn't develop a whitish scuzz around the inner rim of my lip. The color of Rebel Rose is a near spot on dupe for Queen B, and the formula outperforms it across the board.

This is comfortable and budge-proof, but like any liquid lipstick, won't hold up against greasy meals. I wouldn't say it's hydrating (if you're looking for moisture, matte lipsticks of any kind will not be for you), but it's not drying at all.

I've heard these are comparable to the Jeffrey Star liquid lipsticks in terms of formula, but having never tried one of the JS lipsticks, I cannot attest to that. However, I will say that the packaging is suspiciously similar.

The doe-foot applicator is a bit bigger and has a divot in the middle which makes it curl around your lips perfectly. Application truly is a dream. This shade isn't streaky at all, and the shape of the applicator makes creating a nice, crisp lip line very easy.

At $5, you really can't go wrong. This was everything I wanted Queen B to be and more, and for a fraction of the price. I will definitely be picking up other shades from this range.

Editing to add: This stuff reapplies very well. If it does fade (which is really only around the inner edge of the lips after eating), you can reapply a thin layer without it getting clumpy or flaky. It's as if adding a thin layer on top "reactivates" the dry layer and allows it to move a bit so you don't get a flaky mess. That alone sends this into the top spot for liquid lipsticks for me. Honestly, this is the best formula I've tried, hands down.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have this in Oh My Dolly and Nudist Pink.

Oh My Dolly is *almost* a shade dupe for Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Backstage Bambi. I'd say it's a half-tone lighter, and it smells a LOT nicer than the KVD.

Nudist Pink on me pulls a bit orange. If I had a tan or wasn't almost Snow White pale, it might not be as orange. I do like it, though.

Wear-wise, these lipsticks wear like IRON. I wore Oh My Dolly to an Alice Cooper concert last night and it did not budge a bit! Even the burger I had afterwards didn't do much to the color, maybe muted it a bit. I had to use my cleansing oil plus a blob of Vaseline as well as my cleanser to get the stain completely off!

I'm going to buy several more of these as this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! Long wearing, very comfortable and reasonably priced.

One secret I've found for lipsticks like these is to put a layer of lip balm on your lips about 15 minutes before you plan to do your lips, then wipe it all off right before you put it on. VOILA, no dry lips!

on 12/26/2016 3:04:00 PM

WOW!! I have no words to describe how amazing these new catsuit liquid lipsticks from wet n wild are and ESPECIALLY at this amazing $5 price point!

The colors I bought were think pink, rebel rose, oh my dolly, and nice to fuscia. All four of them are comparable to my high-end liquid lipsticks. I'm use to the Dose of Colors liquid lipstick formula and though I will say they are not as creamy as DOC they are still very pigmented, opaque, extremely long lasting, and just creamy enough to be easy to work with. I'm so happy wet n wild made these beautiful liquid lippies and I hope they become a permanent part of their collection!! If the brand keeps these liquid lippies I will seriously start using these to replace my DOC lipsticks that I use up. Seriously, hurry up and get the colors you want before they're gone. For $5 these are an epic win! Thanks Wet n Wild!

on 1/28/2017 8:51:00 PM

I finally found these at my local Walgreens. They were almost sold out, and I managed to snag two colors: Nudist Peach and Coral Corruption. They were $4.99 each and I was impressed with the quality of these liquid lipsticks. I have to say I prefer the quality of the Milani Amore liquid lipsticks as they go on flawless and last all day, but these aren't bad for $5! They are long wearing, and do not dry out your lips. They really do last after I sipped coffee, ate, and even had a drink or two and do not transfer onto your cup, mug or glass. I love the color Nudist Peach, it's this beautiful pink nude. As for the Coral Corruption, it's a very bright coral color, which I'm still debating whether I like or not. They may apply streaky at first (that's why I took off a lippie), but another coat just seals the deal. It takes a bit to dry, but once dry, the color is just beautiful. And it does stay on, does not flake off, and you will get at least 5 hours of wear with this. Overall, you must try them on. You get so much quality for your buck! A definite success and I hope they become permanent!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is the best liquid lipstick on the drugstore and it's actually comparable to the hyped highend ones! The formula is really thin but it is still pigmented enough. It is transferproof, kissproof & smudgeproof but it is not thick and drying! With one layer you wouldn't actually feel that you have something on your lips. It also doesn't emphasize the finelines on your lips. One thing i didnt like is the doe foot applicator because it doesn't seem durable plus there's only a few selections! But honestly for the price you wouldn't really complain, it's super cheap but the quality is just amazing! I wish wet n wild will release more colors, especially the nude ones! i really really love it and would definitely buy more if they release more shades! It is so worth it and I'm very happy with my purchase!