Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

on 12/10/2016 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I've always LOVED Wet n Wild's products & this time they've outdone themselves!

I bought this in Give Me Mocha & after wearing it for only 3 hours I'm just about ready to replace all my HG ColourPop liquid lipsticks!

This formula seems to be completely comfortable to wear for hours & it's not drying whatsoever. The color is also opaque, goes on evenly & doesn't streak. The wand is kind of "hook" shaped or it has a dip in the middle which allows a lot of ease of application along the edges of my lips where I often mess up.

I even tested a swatch of ColourPop vs. Wet n Wild while washing my hands with soap + warm water. ColourPop's swatch smudged all over the place whereas WnW's swatch simply faded BUT there was no bleeding or smuding! I love it!

Unfortunately, I haven't tested its lasting power while eating or drinking, so I'll update maybe after I grab more colors ;)

UPDATE March 23, 2017: Nudie Patootie is patchy & applies unevenly & very sheer with 1 application.

on 12/13/2016 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy cannoli, Wet n Wild!!

I picked this up (after pounding some serious pavement trying to find it) in Rebel Rose in hopes that it might be a dupe for Queen B by Too Faced, and boy did it rise to the occasion! Unlike Queen B, this doesn't develop a whitish scuzz around the inner rim of my lip. The color of Rebel Rose is a near spot on dupe for Queen B, and the formula outperforms it across the board.

This is comfortable and budge-proof, but like any liquid lipstick, won't hold up against greasy meals. I wouldn't say it's hydrating (if you're looking for moisture, matte lipsticks of any kind will not be for you), but it's not drying at all.

I've heard these are comparable to the Jeffrey Star liquid lipsticks in terms of formula, but having never tried one of the JS lipsticks, I cannot attest to that. However, I will say that the packaging is suspiciously similar.

The doe-foot applicator is a bit bigger and has a divot in the middle which makes it curl around your lips perfectly. Application truly is a dream. This shade isn't streaky at all, and the shape of the applicator makes creating a nice, crisp lip line very easy.

At $5, you really can't go wrong. This was everything I wanted Queen B to be and more, and for a fraction of the price. I will definitely be picking up other shades from this range.

Editing to add: This stuff reapplies very well. If it does fade (which is really only around the inner edge of the lips after eating), you can reapply a thin layer without it getting clumpy or flaky. It's as if adding a thin layer on top "reactivates" the dry layer and allows it to move a bit so you don't get a flaky mess. That alone sends this into the top spot for liquid lipsticks for me. Honestly, this is the best formula I've tried, hands down.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

These are actually pretty nice. I bought oh my dolly, rebel rose, pink really hard and nudist peach. All of them are beautiful colors. They last nicely and don't get gunky, patchy or grotesque looking like a lot of mattes (especially cheaper ones) do. On sight I didn't like the applicator at first because it's so curved but it actually works just fine, although I do feel like you have to be pretty precise and careful when applying these but actually the extremely curved applicator helps with that. I absolutely hate the scent, it's very strong and reeks of chemicals and is generally disgusting but it goes away right after you apply and the color dries/sets. I love that these are cruelty free and vegan too! Another great product from wet n wild! I'm impressed with this brand lately!

on 12/20/2016 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I hope to heck these are permanent, because the quality is amazing for such a low price point. I have a couple of their LE liquid lips; one is lovely and the other not so much. The Catsuit formula seems to be their perfected product: it is easy to apply, feels light and not terribly drying. I bought Flame of the Game which is close to Jeffree Star's Anna Nicole, but $12/$13 less AND available from your local Walgreens, no shipping fees required.
The staying power is excellent yet removes easily with a biphasic type makeup remover ( I use Garnier WP Micellar water). The line is cruelty free ( not sure about vegan) as are all WnW products. I definitely plan on getting at least one more; you could get nearly the entire set for the price of one higher end liquid lip.
I have tried Stila, KVD, Sephora brand, Jeffree Star and various independent merchants on Etsy and I maintain this formula is at the top of the list ( also fond of Sephora's as well.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am a liquid lipstick (and other lipstick) junkie. This is one of the best formulas I have tried. This literally feels like a lipgloss going on which I love because it gives you time to work with it. Some other lipsticks dry immediately and leave no room for error. After about 20 seconds or so this dries down to a comfortable matte. One of the lighter colors that I have is a bit patchy and needs several coats but other than that the other colors are super pigmented. I would definitely recommend.

on 12/21/2016 1:06:00 PM

I don't know how Wet n Wild does it. This brand, man. They keep coming out with products that impress me, and those impressive products literally cost pennies.

As a junkie, I feel like I have used every liquid lipstick known to man...Stila, Jeffree, ABH, Jouer, and Huda's are among some of my favorites and now these WnW lippies are right up there with the rest of them. I have bought many a drugstore liquid lippie without having my hopes too high and not expecting much, and even then, I was horribly dissapointed. This is seriously half the price of other drugstore liquid lipsticks and about 5,000 times better in quality....what.

I paid $17 for 6 shades (Nudie Patootie, Nudist Peach, Coral Corruption, Pink Really Hard, Rebel Rose, and Give Me Mocha) at Walgreens after using up reward points. I immediately swatched them on my hand in the car and my giddy excitement was.....quelled a little bit, to say the least. The colors are beautiful and HEAVILY on trend, but seem to be a little patchy or streaky. "no matter," I said to myself, "remember I paid $3 for each of these....." I started regretting buying 6 of them right away, but went ahead and picked one to apply on my lips. I chose Give Me Mocha. And then the excitement came back!

One stroke was not enough to give me the opaque color pay off I wanted, and I was nervous that perhaps layering more and more coats was just going to wreck it even more. Not the case! I got my desired look with two applications and it wasn't crusty, streaky, or chunky in any way. The indented doe foot applicator hugs the contour of your lips and is pretty awesome too.

The staying power is second to none. I went to work straight after (makeup artist), where I accumulated even more lipstick swatches on my hand, and throughout the day an ABH swatch was wearing down long before the WnW swatches from my car that morning. And the color on my lips wasn't budging an inch through tons of talking, my bad habit of nervous lip licking/chewing, and eating and drinking. When I got home and was ready to take off my makeup, it was a little hard to remove and took two cotton squares of Bioderma micellar water, but I'm not entirely bothered by that because......I love ANYTHING this long wearing!

I'm probably going to go back and buy all of the shades. Even though I feel like there might be a little bit of quality discrepancies between some of the shades (some apply better than others) it is a problem that is easily circumvented, just apply more than one coat and it will still look and hold up fine. For three to four dollars, I really can't complain, especially when I've had $20+ liquid lippies perform way worse than this. go get one as soon as you can, and then pray that WnW is going to make these a permanent product in their line!

A little about the colors i have (mostly all the "nude" shades:)

Nudie patootie: a very light, cool toned, nearly grey-ish nude....looks almost zombie-ish on me (NC30 skin) but I actually really love it because of that! Personal preference I guess.

Nudist Peach: a very muted Peach/coral, I thought I would have a dupe for this in my lipstick collection but it turns out I don't. A little streaky but not too bad, easily fixed with a second coat.

Pink Really Hard: a soft and wearable bubblegum pink, I was hoping it was going to have more mauve tones like ABH Lovely (they look identical in their tubes) but it doesn't. I like it though, it's a very flattering "natural" pink.

Coral Corruption: muted red/coral, not too intense, reminds me of ABH retro coral but more versatile.

Rebel rose: I can see this being the color everyone goes nuts over. A true dusty rose mauve. Absolutrly gorgeous, holy wow.

Give Me Mocha: my least favorite, this by far has the patchiest formula of all of the colors I have but it's very pretty. A brown red, looks almost like dried blood, but it's not overly deep and wears super natural. Needed a lot of coats to get it to look good though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit 3/31/17: I just got rebel rose that is the most awesome color; I wish they'd get these in the display!!!
---
Original review: Wetnwild is so awesome! They've done it yet again--managed to hoodwink us--and create a top notch product for under $5!! Amazing!! I have Give Me Mocha a beautiful brown & I want more! For $35 I got a whole box of makeup I ordered online I'm very pleased w everything. Cruelty free yesss sign me upppp this lasts as long as my Jeffree Star, Kylie, & KvD lipsticks yes this can play w the big names just fine!! It's just hard to tell from the color swatches online what is what so I guess I need it order them all. Let me be an enabler you need 1 of these lipsticks if for nothing else the apocalypse when The Donald starts World War III this lipstick delivers on everything & I like the applicator. Removes also same as reviewer below w bi-phase micellar water but I hope these aren't LE. I won't be buying colourpop coz I'll be buying some more wnw!Great price pointe just hate waiting 5-10:days on free shipping. Wish they were in the display!!

on 12/22/2016 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I can't believe I'm saying this, but…

WET N WILD KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK

…With this one. I never liked *anything* from Wet N Wild, but this formula is amazing on my dry, easily-cracked lips.

(LA Splash Milani Amore Matte, I'm talking to you!)

The formula is just right; it isn't thin and chalky (NYX Soft Matte), heavy and thick (NYX Liquid Suede, Maybelline Color Sensational Vivid Matte, L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss, Armani Lip Maestro), thick (NYX Lip Lingerie, MAC), too expensive (Too Faced, KVD, Kylie), AND it dries in a minute without transfer.

I got Give Me Mocha, hoping for a brown-tinged red, but i was pleasantly surprised with the true red on my NC40 skin.

$5 well-spent!

on 12/25/2016 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Oh my goodness! This week I got 2 liquid lipsticks from Jouer just SURE that they would be "the one"....wrong. I have heard so much about these I HAD to try them! Wow...I'm amazed!

Pros
* no prune lips
* amazing applicator
* LONG wearing...I wore it to bed and it was on when I woke up
*you can layer it to touch up

Cons
*this is so small....it doesn't jive with the part of your lips that is moist...erg..you know that trick where you put your finger in your mouth to get the excess lipstick off your lips so it doesn't get on your teeth? Yeah..do that. 😆

In closing, worth a try..I'm getting more!

on 12/26/2016 3:04:00 PM

WOW!! I have no words to describe how amazing these new catsuit liquid lipsticks from wet n wild are and ESPECIALLY at this amazing $5 price point!

The colors I bought were think pink, rebel rose, oh my dolly, and nice to fuscia. All four of them are comparable to my high-end liquid lipsticks. I'm use to the Dose of Colors liquid lipstick formula and though I will say they are not as creamy as DOC they are still very pigmented, opaque, extremely long lasting, and just creamy enough to be easy to work with. I'm so happy wet n wild made these beautiful liquid lippies and I hope they become a permanent part of their collection!! If the brand keeps these liquid lippies I will seriously start using these to replace my DOC lipsticks that I use up. Seriously, hurry up and get the colors you want before they're gone. For $5 these are an epic win! Thanks Wet n Wild!