Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.1

on 10/18/2017 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Love this! I have this in "Give Me Mocha" and it looks nice on my complexion. Very subtle but the color pops in a way. It lasts long even after drinking coffee. I would give this 5 lippies but I can't because it is drying on MY lips. However I'm going to figure out a way to moisturize my lips before applying this. So in love with the color and how it's long lasting, can't wait to try a few other shades.

on 10/13/2017 10:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought the four darkest colours: Flame of the Game, missy and fierce, video vixen and goth topic. I love all four of them, but video vixen is the weakest of the bunch. While Video Vixen is patchy, the other colours are super opaque. I love the packaging and the doe-foot makes precise application a snap.

It dries down to a powdery feeling finish. It is super lightweight and secure feeling. It lasts well through light meals without needing to touch up. I did feel like I could quickly layer it on top of itself, I never needed to remove it to reapply. It comes off easy and best of all the price is super affordable! Highly recommend!

Dont not hesitate to buy these little babies!!! I am in love with these. They are a little drying though so I put a lip balm on before applying but I have no problems at all with these other than that. I have coral corruption and Missy fierce and plan on buying more because for $5 you can not beat these little drugstore gems.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I bought this on a whim one day at Walgreen's, because I had never used liquid lipstick before (I had always used the tube kind) and the packaging/color of it drew me in.

I got this in "Missy & Fierce" and I really love it. It's the perfect red and it's almost comparable to the Too Faced Melted Matte (formula wise, not color wise).

I don't really have any "cons" with this lipstick. Although I wish they'd come out with more colors that weren't limited edition (e.g. black, blue)

I do love the formula; it's a comfortable matte. It's also not too drying, it doesn't really transfer while eating or drinking, I like the applicator, it only requires one layer, and it's good for the price.

Whenever I run out of this, I'm definitely getting another. <3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Rebel Rose, used it once and passed it on. My first and only forray into liquid lipsticks. I considered buying a better color for me, but I ultimately didn't like the formula enough.

I'm 38 and have deeper lip lines, I had to hold my lips taut in a funny position to get the liquid to go down into my creases or else when I smiled there would be no product there. It took two coats to get an even finish. When I was done my lips looked dry and pruney.

It was easy to apply precisely around my lip edges with the applicator. Wear time was excellent.

The color is a muted cool rosey-plum, which wasn't the best for my high contrast yellow-olive coloring. The red or bright pink would have been better.

I didn't buy those colors because I just wasn't a fan of the finished look. I will stick with demi-matte bullets when I want an opaque look.

on 9/8/2017 9:40:00 PM

OMG I picked two of these this afternoon and I am so happy I did. The packaging is elegant and it caught my eye, as did the price. When I first applied it it is wet and then dries into a perfect even color. Don't hesitate to buy this. I'm so glad I did!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Flame of the Game: I bought this because it's supposed to be a dupe of a red I saw a BG wear. This is beautiful and I'm not sure I'll ever know if it is a true dupe, but it looks sexy as hell, so it's probably not "work-appropriate" or "family friendly." I think the word to describe the color is a true vermillion -- molten, vibrant, and doesn't take itself too seriously. I wouldn't eat or drink too soon after applying. You can, but I wouldn't. It performs best if you apply once and leave it be for as long as possible. If you eat you'll be tempted to reapply, which I can guarantee will change its chemistry. Removing it is also unpleasant. It's quite chunky when you're breaking it down with whatever method of removal you use. Use this for what it is: a gorgeous, very long lasting wild warm red, which you should not mess with until you're ready to start over. Take your photos first and drink your drink later. With a straw.

on 8/19/2017 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I saw Missy and Fierce in the store one day and was intrigued. I googled some swatches and ended up buying it the next day.

In my googling, I saw that it's been considered a dupe for Kat Von D's Outlaw, which I love. They're similar but not quite the same. Outlaw is a bit darker, and felt more vampy, while Missy and Fierce felt like it had more of a pink tone, but still very pretty. Missy and Fierce wasn't quite as drying though, which I appreciate.

Now to actual wear. I wore this to work, and for the first 5 hours, it wore pretty decently. I was drinking out of a water bottle and talking, a lot, throughout that time and mostly noticed the inside part of the lip wearing off, which makes sense. I wiped it off for lunch, reapplied, and saw another good 4 hours of wear. It even handled a pasta dinner, with some slight care towards how I was eating.

I'm not a huge fan of that type of wand. It's like a doe wand but with a ledge. Maybe for some it helps, but for me it gets in the way. One last thing, just like any other liquid, matte lipstick, exfoliating your lips and moisturizing before hand is rather crucial. I'm certainly curious to try more from this line after enjoying Missy and Fierce.

Great packaging and great product if you like matte longwear lippies. They do get drying after a few hours but you can easily touch up if needed to give a little hydration boost or fix a patch. It does have a velvety, true matte appearance. The dark vampy colors are stunning and last longer than my coworkers' expensive liquid lipstick!

on 8/13/2017 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I gotta admit I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The first day I wore only this on my lips, two coats. The first coat I applied very thin and it was a little streaky. I went in a few min later to apply another thin coat and I don't think i waited long enough because it started to drag the color off. I stopped and let it finish drying before fixing it. This wore absolutely beautiful after I initially got used to it. At first I felt it on my lips and I'm really not a fan of that but then that Feeling disappeared and it was like I had nothing on. This did crack a little but I do have a lot of texture on my lips probably from dehydration. It wasn't noticeable unless you were right up in the mirror flexing your lips. (I'm a little special ;-) ) I didn't get that gross line on the interior of my lips and it didn't pile during wear. I did drink some water and some vitamin water without a straw. When it comes to eating tho it's game over. It gets pretty gross and becomes super uncomfortable. I suggest taking it off or your probably going to regret it. Reapply after. Also being a makeup wipe for removal or you will be fighting a losing battle. For the price point yes please. Now the second day I wore it with a wet and wild gel lip pencil underneath. BIG mistake! It was super uncomfortable, totally obliterated the staying power, and I got that gunky line.....gross. I'll be going with just the lipstick from now on. I bought the color 923B Pink Really Hard. The name says it all. This is some in your face look at me pink and I love it. Really helps that tan pop too. I didn't find this awfully drying after a couple uses. Other liquid Lippies have my lips screaming for a drink at the end of the day but these weren't too bad. I'm sure with repeated use I'll have to mask my lips before bed. Oh I did notice the second time I used it it got these chunks in it. Just a couple but it was kind of a pain wiping them away.
UPDATE:
I purchased another color 922B Coral Corruption. It performed the same as the other color I purchased. You get about 3 hours of good wear before it starts to wear off on the inner lips.