wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

3.5

on 5/27/2018 12:06:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I got this in the color Give Me Mocha. On me it's not as brown as the name implies. I have pale Irish skin and naturally pigmented lips. Pale pinks don't look right on me and I don't really care of orange or peach toned lippies (even though I have auburn hair and they are supposed to look good). I like lipsticks that are medium depth - not bright red but not pale. This one fits the bill. It reads red-brown I guess. I like the color. I dries fast and stays on pretty well. But not totally. After an evening out drinking and maybe eating a few bites, it's not totally intact but not totally off either.
There was another color I was interested in that someone here recommended but it was sold out at Target. Glad I got this one. It looks really dark on the website but not on me.

on 1/27/2018 6:14:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I love long lasting lipstick, but I hate this product. I wore this yesterday and was so disappointed I threw it in the trash.

Now it does have great pigmentation and isn't patchy going on and it feels pretty much like nothing is on your lips for the first hour or two. Great I thought! But at about the 2 hour mark it started to feel really dry and oddly stiff, like I had thin tissue paper stuck to my lips. Hard to describe. When I looked in the mirror the product was gone from the areas of my lips where they touch and the product that was left was thin and sort of cracked looking. I was out running errands so I had not had a sip or a bite of anything, the product just sort of broke down on its own. I could have touched it up but I just wanted it off.

on 2/21/2017 8:32:00 PM

Rebel Rose - great muted pink! I put a clear gloss over top and it's perfect. And...on sale at Walgreen's this week - 3 for $10! (or $4.29 each) - Run!

on 2/16/2017 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I thought I would try one of these to see what is the hype is about. I bought Pink Really Hard at Walgreen's, the only one left by its lonesome along with a peachy color one that I tend to avoid. I opened this up in the car and applied it. I made the mistake of applying it too heavily because the wand came out all gloppy and wet. The color on me is a bright Barbie pink. Way out of my comfort zone! It dried in less than five seconds and it felt comfortable. When I got home and looked in the mirror, I thought, gah, my lips looked shriveled like a raisin and the color clashed with my skin. I took it off with a regular makeup wipe, came off really easily. I experimented with this color the next morning. I applied Burt's Bee vanilla bean lip balm first, letting it soak in while I did the rest of my makeup. I applied this next by dabbing it a few times on my bottom lip, then spreading a thin coat with my finger, and the color isn't as bright. This dries matte really fast, even with the lip balm underneath. I then applied a gloss over ( a cheap dollar store clear one) it so my lips don't look too wrinkly and shriveled. The pink color is muted and this method for me lasted about 4 hours before I had to touch up at lunchtime. Same method, wipe it off, balm, color, finger, gloss. Takes me about 3 minutes to do.

I would like to try the other colors especially that dark red one. Walmarts by me has a limited selection of colors.

Update: 3/6/17 Finally grabbed the elusive Rebel Rose and Missy and Fierce at Walmart ( I returned Video Vixen - way too dark on me) Rebel Rose is a MLBB and the clear gloss on top on it eliminates the shriveled look I get from wearing matte lipsticks. Missy and Fierce is a true blue red but a little too bright on, thinning it out mutes it. This left a stain. Bumping this up a lippie, too.

Video Reviews & Tutorials