wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by age: 36-43
wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.2

Give Me Mocha, yes please! I was perusing my local drugstore when my eyes were struck by a wall of new products. My local Crapmart is always empty of stock or products which have been opened and mauled. I don't typically blow large dough on lip products as I am disappointed by most offerings and reserve $ for foundations.

I was struck by the display of Wet n Wild, namely Give Me Mocha. I chucked into my basket and figured $7 Cdn was a small amount to pay for a cheap thrill.

I rocked Revlon's Toast of New York in the 90's. As age has set in, my top lip is difficult to work with and I end up with the smeared look. As well, my warm olive skin changes colours of lip products and my lips are fairly pigmented on their own.

I applied Give Me Mocha at home and it was as if the angels were singing. This colour looks stellar with my skin tone and lit up my face while blending with my genetically given lip colour. It lasted through a meal and was very comfortable to wear. The applicator is great and the formula was easy to apply and layer. No discernable scent either or burning.

I would like to try a few other shades but I would most definitely repurchase this shade as it is a wearable red with a hint of brown that doesn't look like a butthole or walk into the room before me.

on 3/27/2018 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I own two-Rebel Rose and Nudie Peach. The Peach is not great. It's streaky, a weird color, and doesn't feel great on my lips. I only bought Rebel Rose because one of the few beauty bloggers I read gushed about it. Rebel Rose is one of the very few matte lipsticks I like! The dark mauve-y taupe is so deliciously 90s and absolutely suits my skin. It feels great on the lips and has impressive staying power. The applicator and bottles are fantastic. They feel so expensive for such a cheap price!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

So here's my first foyer into liquid lipsticks: I'm a traditional straight from the bullet lipstick girl. WnW Megalast lipsticks- those I probably have 10 of those, and with keeping up with the times I'd try something new. So in Walgreens for a thing, I saw the display and snatched up one- Video Vixen to be exact. I didn't wear it right away, in fact I bought it in the Summer and didn't touch it until this month, because I was still gunshy. Went out to see an acquaintance's band play one evening, so I dolled up a little and put on Video Vixen: Plush deep neutral-warm red with a peculiar applicator- a concave doe foot that hugged the curves of my lips. I heard liquid lippies had a habit of drying, so I made sure I applied balm and then wiped it off and went in with a complimentary lip pencil first. Ugh, stickkky. Although it had comfortable wear, I couldn't press my lips together without the stickiness. Being the worry wort I am, I threw it in my bag for the rest of the night just in case of touchups. I ate and checked my lips...dude. Still there. I gave my acquaintance a "good luck peck" on the lips and I looked at him thinking I had smudged the crap out of him and myself, but again...bruh. No transfer. I chugged a huge beer and there wasn't anything on the glass. Witchcraft! Seriously, a little wear, but fresh as the time I put it on. I still reapplied anyway, because I wanted to believe this lippie sucked, but it no sir, it did not. When I got home and did my makeup removal routine using coconut oil, it came right off, so I surmised that something oily would make it deteriorate. Still, excellent for the price of $4.99, and if you see stickiness as a trifle, then this product is for you because it doesn't disappoint in any other way.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I admit. I may have a bit of a a lipstick thang. I don’t wear much makeup really - some BB cream, sunscreen, eyeliner. But I do love me some lipstick. I’m relentless in my quest for a long long lasting, comfortable, flattering, reasonably priced, non flaking, easy wearing lippie. And this a rare notch in the win column.

I finally opened this in Rebel Rose - great color, a little darker than what I wanted. It went on nice and smooth! The lipstick itself is drying so that will be an adjustment. Will add more notes as it wears.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in Rebel Rose, used it once and passed it on. My first and only forray into liquid lipsticks. I considered buying a better color for me, but I ultimately didn't like the formula enough.

I'm 38 and have deeper lip lines, I had to hold my lips taut in a funny position to get the liquid to go down into my creases or else when I smiled there would be no product there. It took two coats to get an even finish. When I was done my lips looked dry and pruney.

It was easy to apply precisely around my lip edges with the applicator. Wear time was excellent.

The color is a muted cool rosey-plum, which wasn't the best for my high contrast yellow-olive coloring. The red or bright pink would have been better.

I didn't buy those colors because I just wasn't a fan of the finished look. I will stick with demi-matte bullets when I want an opaque look.

on 9/8/2017 9:40:00 PM

OMG I picked two of these this afternoon and I am so happy I did. The packaging is elegant and it caught my eye, as did the price. When I first applied it it is wet and then dries into a perfect even color. Don't hesitate to buy this. I'm so glad I did!

I purchased this in Rebel Rose and on me it's a MLBB and I love this liquid lipstick it's phenomenal! About me NW20 or below, blonde hair, green eyes, and very cool undertones for reference. I had no idea how good these lippies are. I applied mine about 8 hours ago and it's still on. I thought it wasn't there because I didn't feel it at all. But it's still on and looks good! This is a excellent liquid lipstick I love the applicator and the formula feels so light on my lips.The price is awesome and I hope they expand the colour selection because this really is the best feeling one that I own. I should of purchased others but now that I know I will because these are better than some of my HE ones. Excellent lippie without a doubt, love the colour and how it feels on my lips. Recommended.

I purchased 5 or 6 shades including Rebel Rose, Pink Really Hard, Coral Corruption, Oh My Dolly.... They are every bit as nice as similar more expensive products. Very opaque. They stay put really well for a good 4 hours even with some drinking.

Longer lasting lipsticks are always somewhat dry or drying to the lip. Wet n Wild is no better or worse. This is also going to be a thicker, more substantial product coming out of the tube due to the long lasting properties. I recommend wiping the foot well and building up to the level of color you want. The formula is forgiving until it sets. Once set, I always apply some sort of lip gloss over this. I do with every long lasting formula because they all tend to accentuate lines in your lips when dry. Lip gloss (any kind your heart desires) also makes the product more comfortable on my lips. AND - you can change the color in endless ways. Have a good base that stays on your lips - like a foundation - then change it up with your lip gloss. Besides, when I'm out and about, I always have balm or gloss with me because I can dab inconspicuously and refresh my color. Whereas, a product like this you need a mirror to apply and be really sure about what you are putting where and how.

My experience has been that different shades of the exact same product perform differently. MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick is no different. I experience some variation from color to color. For me, the coral color doesn't seem to last as long as the others. The brighter fushia colors seems to wear down a bit uneven. Overall, I find that the Rebel Rose performs the best as far as comfort and lasting.

I would purchase these again .... before say, Sephora brand Cream Lip Stain @ $14/each (have these as well) which felt and performed exactly like this lipstick. It's the same product but Sephora has more color options.

on 7/6/2017 8:02:00 PM

Omg, these are phenomenal!! I bought them in every shade, I wore Oh My Dolly! to a concert the other night, it didn't budge, smudge or anything! Looked fantastic all night, and was very comfortable. I would definitely recommend and re-purchase.