wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by age: 30-35
wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.2

I just purchased this product after fiddling around with Sephora Cream Lip Stain and other less known matte lipsticks/lip creams or matte glosses. I bought the shade Rebel Rose as it appears to be the closest dupe for Anastasia Beverly Hills Dusty Rose liquid lipstick, which is very expensive. I actually first bought the Sephora one in Marvelous Mauve, then the Wet’n’Wild Rebel Rose, and they are very similar to one another as well as to the ABH (i only tested that one at the store). If you’re interested in dupes and saving money when purchasing 99% identical products perhaps this little comparison will be of use to you.
I generally dislike matte lip products as I find them very drying and unflattering in person, even though they do look good in photography. My lips are not dry at all but somehow I constantly feel them heavy or cracking whenever wearing something matte. This however is not the case with the WnW Rebel Rose.
The lipstick has a pleasant texture, somewhere between a very fine mousse and a thick.... water, I kid you not, as it gives a fresh and cool sensation on then lips when being applied (not like a tingling, plumping lipgloss one) and coats the lips very delicately. It isn’t that drying for a matte product, perhaps the least drying I have personally tried, it comes in a larger tube than the Sephora one (Sephora is 5 ml and WnW is 6.1 ml, 0.21 fl oz) and has a better applicator. Even if it has a weird shape the applicator picks up the right amount of product and blobs it far less on the pointy part of the tip than the Sephora one.
The shade Rebel Rose is a mauve rose that works wonderfully as a dupe for the two above-mentioned products, however applying too much can make your lips look too purple or too intensely colored particularly if you have naturally pigmented lips like myself. I found that another advantage of this product is that it can be applied in very small quantities, even without lipliner (though the effect is much better with one), pretty much like dabbing a bit on the lips and then patting it with the finger, and it does look beautiful and very natural. If your lips are pigmented then it will look a bit more purple toned than on a skin swatch/in the tube. This is valid for light skintones, I’m not sure how this would perform on someone with a deeper complexion.
Other than that, I like the tube, the price, the color and this product’s versatility. Not being a huge fan of matte liquid lipsticks prevents me from commenting on this product’s superiority compared to other ones, however if I was to repurchase a matte product it would be this one. In comparison, the Sephora is twice as expensive and twice as drying. I gave it an overall of 4 lippies as I still find it a bit drying and in some countries the shade selection is very limited.
Oh, the staying power is unbelievable. I rubbed my lips and wrist with micellar water until the entire area was red and the color barely budged. Perhaps an oil-based makeup remover or baby oil would be more suitable for getting rid of it.

on 8/21/2018 12:05:00 PM

Yes. One thousand times yes. I love this so much I already decided it is what I am going to be wearing for my wedding - yup, a $5 lipstick. And I own Charlotte and Kylie and Mac.

I use “Give Me Mocha” and “Rebel Rose”. I can only speak to how these shades perform since
(sometimes) other shades can perform differently even if in the same line. I bought a red shade from this line that did not work well at all.

The shades I mentioned are easy to apply, the applicator lets me create the perfect Cupid’s bow, and it turns matte which means - long wearing! I can get away without reapplying this until noon on a work day. I drive in around 7, drink coffee, eat food, and this stuff lasts.

As it wears off it fades gracefully and I personally have never had an issue with that weird ring on the outter part of the lips (you know - as the inner part of the lipstick wears off and you’re left with a weird unintentional, thick lip liner vibe on the outside of your lips?). Gross.

I even receive compliments from the girls at
my office and they are blown away when I tell them it is Wet N’ Wild. The two shades I mentioned? 5 lippies for sure.

The only reason I could see people not liking this is if you have dry lips or don’t like that sensation of a liquid lip dry down. It does feel dry. Not moisturizing at all. I don’t personally mind it because I like the staying power, but for those of you with sensitive lips you may want to pass.

on 5/2/2018 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I find application very easy and it is very long wearing without feeling overly dry (no butthole lips here!), I did need to touch up a little after maybe 6 hours and a meal, and it looked just fine after the touch up. It wasn't crumbly. I have two colors Video Vixen and Rebel Rose. I love the way Video Vixen looks. while wearing it, it looks like a very dark, almost black red. I freaking love this shade. Rebel Rose pulls straight brown on me. There's nothing rosy or mauve about this. I'll keep it and wear it sometimes, but it pulls too brown on me for my liking.

on 3/26/2018 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the shade Rebel Rose. It’s a beautiful MLBB dusty mid tone mauve against my NW13 skin. I really like the formula, it’s not super thick and it dries to a nice matte finish. And as long as I don’t apply too much then it definitely won’t transfer. I also really like the applicator. Overall a great drugstore liquid lipstick.

on 2/12/2018 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Just tried this and it’s pretty good! Slightly drying as most liquid lipsticks are. But once it dries it doesn’t move. I do the ‘kiss my hand’ test and nothing comes off! You will have to re-apply after you eat as anything with oil removes it.

color is very vivid for a matte lipstick and thats what i like. I used it for my 80s theme christmas party just yesterday and it really suited that look - big hair, jeans and this lipstick, really nice and made it memorable.

on 12/6/2017 11:02:00 AM

This is a nice liquid lip. Apply to much and it will flake can crack. As well as feel tight. Wear time is as expected.

Yet the smell and the flaking is a big turn off for me. . I will not purchous unless $1 or less. And even then only as a gift for a friend that wants to try a matte liquid lip.( just like I did)

Try it if on sale. It may be good for you.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this in a few different colors. It looks fantastic at first. After a couple hours, the color is gone and my lips are highly irritated. I will probably just throw it in the trash. It's too bad, because the colors are good, and the packaging is top notch.

on 10/31/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

So, I just got my wet n wild megalast catsuit in Give me Mocha. I love love love the color! The formula is very pigmented you dont have to take another product to reapply. Its staying power is AMAZING for its price! It stays even after meals and drinks withouy reapplying. I definitely would buy some other shades because it is practical and the quality is superb. Don't hesitate to try! You won't regret it.

on 10/18/2017 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Love this! I have this in "Give Me Mocha" and "Berry Recongnize" both look nice on my complexion (NC45). Both colors are subtle but pops. It lasts long even after drinking coffee. I would give this 5 lippies but I can't because it is drying on MY lips. However I'm going to figure out a way to moisturize my lips before applying this.

UPDATE: Had to give this 5 lippies since my lips are no longer dry because of a treatment I'm using. HG everyday lipstick. I hope they never discontinue this.