wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Price: $

on 10/17/2018 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Love that wet n wild is always affordable. I bought the nude shade. I actually didn't notice that it was matte until I reached home. (what I get for not wearing my glasses, oy!) I've never tried a matte lipstick before, but I was willing to give it a shot. Love the color, however, I did not care for the feel. (& yes, I did apply a moisturizing balm beforehand). Maybe I'm just sensitive? I really wanted to like it because I've heard matte lipsticks are long lasting. My mother asked to try it so I gave it to her. It looks gorgeous on her & she has no issues with it so it depends on the person! Side note: I love & appreciate when makeup in general comes with a safety seal so bonus points for that. It grosses me out when makeup is not protected!

on 3/6/2018 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update 05/13/18: I recently also picked up Lavender Crown and Loose Change. Both of them are also pretty great, but I think Lavender Crown might be a little less pigmented than I expected. A second layer goes on fine, though. I feel like Loose Change wears off faster than the other colors I have, so I probably won't be buying it again.**

This is a review for Flame of the Game and Nudist Peach.

I bought Flame of the Game last year, I think when these first became available in stores, and instantly fell in love. It was the red lip color I'd been searching for (orange-leaning, instead of blue), and after years of looking and wasting money, I finally found the right shade.

I like that it's pretty bright, but not really neon-bright. The application is pretty smooth, and it lasts a really long time, even through eating and drinking. I sometimes do have to do a minor touch up after a few hours, but I expect that and have no complaints about it. This stuff is surprisingly comfortable for a liquid matte at such a low price. I've also tried one of the Nyx ones, and I loved it, but now I think I prefer Wet n Wild's Liquid Catsuits.

I really, really don't advise using this with a liner, though. I've tried it and it always ends up streaking outside my lips for some reason. But, because of the shape of the doe foot applicator on these, it's pretty easy to wipe off most of the product and use the tip to line your lips, then pick up the product and fill in.I like that a lot because it saves me some time and it's one less thing I need to carry with me.

Nudist Peach, omg! I'm super fair with neutral to warm undertones (for reference, Maybelline's FitMe M&P in Porcelain, L'Oreal True Match in W1, and Too Faced BTW in Swan are all too dark, but M&P is probably the closest match, with Swan being about 1.5-2 shades too dark), and I've probably tried 10-15 nude lip shades over the last few years. They were all either too pink or too...beige-y grey, I guess, and I looked like a corpse, or it just looked like pink lipstick.

This shade, though, is perfect. It's the nude lip color I've dreamed about. It's very close to the natural color of my lips, but just different enough to be interesting. It isn't too dark or too light, it's not a bright shade, and it doesn't make my face look weird and sick. It's a nice, warm shade that I can easily wear during the day for a simple shade and minimal makeup, or for going out with a more bold eye look.

So, if you're warmer undertoned and fair, and you've also had no luck finding a good nude lip color, I highly recommend trying this one.

I've only worn this 2-3 times so far, but so far I really like it. The application is smooth, the wear time is impressive, and it's very comfortable, just like FOTG.

My only kind-of-complaint about these is that neither ever quite feels like it's dry. They don't transfer very much (mostly just from the very innermost part of my lip onto a straw or something), but they still feel very slightly tacky, even after being on for a long time. It's not really a problem, but it's a strange feeling and took some getting used to.

Just a random tip for removal: If you've tried these (or other liquid matte lipsticks/long-wear lipsticks) and you've had a hard time getting them off at the end of the day, I suggest coconut oil. I tried it on a whim a while back after deciding to not wear FOTG, and it takes the product off in about 3 seconds. Just swipe a teeny bit onto your lips and wipe away with a tissue. I've tried other products in the past and they almost always caused the product to bleed outside my lip line and stain it, or there's been a stain of color left on my actual lips, but the coconut oil hasn't done that so far.

I will definitely be buying more of these in the future as I go through some of my other lipsticks and want to replace shades with longer wearing matte formulas, and I keep recommending these to other people.

Pros:
-Decent wear time
-Comfortable (doesn't make my lips feel dry or like there's a stiff product on them, etc.)
-Pretty cheap
-Nice packaging (I love how the cap kind of locks into place when you close it, and the shape of the applicator is nice and it's also not too big or small)
-Ok shade range (nice mix of warm/cool shades, as well as light to dark shades, and even a few like blue, black, etc.)
-Very little transfer
-Goes on smooth
-One coat has worked out well for me so far, but I can also add a second coat without it getting patchy or heavy
-Unlike the one I tried from Nyx, I can put a light coat of lip balm on before using these without it making the product streak or wear off faster

Cons:
-Mine still feel a little tacky long after they've dried
-Coconut oil is the only thing I've found that removes the last traces of it without making my lips feel raw afterwards (not a big con for me personally, though, because I use coconut oil all the time for stuff like this)

on 5/25/2017 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought two shades - Nudist Peach and Coral Corruption. The peach shade application was very smooth and felt very nice on my lips. Then when it dried, I could sort of make out the lines on my lips but it wasn't too noticeable. Then, when i smiled, there was an immediate stopping line where the very inside of my lip was exposed. I tried the application with coral color the next day and again, it had a great feel to it and after applying completely to my lips, I used the wand to dab some color slightly onto the inner part of my bottom lip. I held my lips parted to allow the formula to dry. That seemed to help some but halfway through the day, the lipstick on that part right inside my lip was worn away and the line was even more noticeable. I think the formula is really smooth and I tried to like these lip glosses because of the price and the variety of colors available, but unless it's a user error and not the fault of the product ( and someone please tell me if that is so), then I am going to pass them on to a friend and see if they have better luck than I did.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've bought about every shade that is complimentary to fair skin.
They are perfect. I've never loved a lip product more. I used them everyday since I first got Nudie-Patootie.
Can't recommend enough.
A++++++++

on 2/3/2017 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

YES, WnW, YES!

WnW has been knocking it out of the park recently with their new releases - and this one is my personal favorite!

I have Pink Really Hard, Rebel Rose, Give Me Mocha, and Goth Topic. Except for Pink Really Hard (went on patchy and made my lips look wrinkly), the rest are absolutely superb! Go on smooth, opaque and don't crack or settle into my lip lines. They work beautifully over lip balm, so my lips stay hydrated all day. They are so lightweight, I don't even notice them on. The darker colors compare well with my KvD liquid lipsticks, that how good they are!