wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.2

on 3/6/2018 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I got the color "give me mocha" at first. I loved how even and pigmented it applied. It felt so comfortable on my lips like I had nothing on. I went out and got the shades "nudist peach", "coral corruption", and "missy and fierce". The first two colors were awful. They were patchy, dry, not pigments and broke apart after a few minutes on my lips. "Missy and fierce" applied beautifully just like "give me moch". These are a hit or miss.

on 3/6/2018 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

**Update 05/13/18: I recently also picked up Lavender Crown and Loose Change. Both of them are also pretty great, but I think Lavender Crown might be a little less pigmented than I expected. A second layer goes on fine, though. I feel like Loose Change wears off faster than the other colors I have, so I probably won't be buying it again.**

This is a review for Flame of the Game and Nudist Peach.

I bought Flame of the Game last year, I think when these first became available in stores, and instantly fell in love. It was the red lip color I'd been searching for (orange-leaning, instead of blue), and after years of looking and wasting money, I finally found the right shade.

I like that it's pretty bright, but not really neon-bright. The application is pretty smooth, and it lasts a really long time, even through eating and drinking. I sometimes do have to do a minor touch up after a few hours, but I expect that and have no complaints about it. This stuff is surprisingly comfortable for a liquid matte at such a low price. I've also tried one of the Nyx ones, and I loved it, but now I think I prefer Wet n Wild's Liquid Catsuits.

I really, really don't advise using this with a liner, though. I've tried it and it always ends up streaking outside my lips for some reason. But, because of the shape of the doe foot applicator on these, it's pretty easy to wipe off most of the product and use the tip to line your lips, then pick up the product and fill in.I like that a lot because it saves me some time and it's one less thing I need to carry with me.

Nudist Peach, omg! I'm super fair with neutral to warm undertones (for reference, Maybelline's FitMe M&P in Porcelain, L'Oreal True Match in W1, and Too Faced BTW in Swan are all too dark, but M&P is probably the closest match, with Swan being about 1.5-2 shades too dark), and I've probably tried 10-15 nude lip shades over the last few years. They were all either too pink or too...beige-y grey, I guess, and I looked like a corpse, or it just looked like pink lipstick.

This shade, though, is perfect. It's the nude lip color I've dreamed about. It's very close to the natural color of my lips, but just different enough to be interesting. It isn't too dark or too light, it's not a bright shade, and it doesn't make my face look weird and sick. It's a nice, warm shade that I can easily wear during the day for a simple shade and minimal makeup, or for going out with a more bold eye look.

So, if you're warmer undertoned and fair, and you've also had no luck finding a good nude lip color, I highly recommend trying this one.

I've only worn this 2-3 times so far, but so far I really like it. The application is smooth, the wear time is impressive, and it's very comfortable, just like FOTG.

My only kind-of-complaint about these is that neither ever quite feels like it's dry. They don't transfer very much (mostly just from the very innermost part of my lip onto a straw or something), but they still feel very slightly tacky, even after being on for a long time. It's not really a problem, but it's a strange feeling and took some getting used to.

Just a random tip for removal: If you've tried these (or other liquid matte lipsticks/long-wear lipsticks) and you've had a hard time getting them off at the end of the day, I suggest coconut oil. I tried it on a whim a while back after deciding to not wear FOTG, and it takes the product off in about 3 seconds. Just swipe a teeny bit onto your lips and wipe away with a tissue. I've tried other products in the past and they almost always caused the product to bleed outside my lip line and stain it, or there's been a stain of color left on my actual lips, but the coconut oil hasn't done that so far.

I will definitely be buying more of these in the future as I go through some of my other lipsticks and want to replace shades with longer wearing matte formulas, and I keep recommending these to other people.

Pros:
-Decent wear time
-Comfortable (doesn't make my lips feel dry or like there's a stiff product on them, etc.)
-Pretty cheap
-Nice packaging (I love how the cap kind of locks into place when you close it, and the shape of the applicator is nice and it's also not too big or small)
-Ok shade range (nice mix of warm/cool shades, as well as light to dark shades, and even a few like blue, black, etc.)
-Very little transfer
-Goes on smooth
-One coat has worked out well for me so far, but I can also add a second coat without it getting patchy or heavy
-Unlike the one I tried from Nyx, I can put a light coat of lip balm on before using these without it making the product streak or wear off faster

Cons:
-Mine still feel a little tacky long after they've dried
-Coconut oil is the only thing I've found that removes the last traces of it without making my lips feel raw afterwards (not a big con for me personally, though, because I use coconut oil all the time for stuff like this)

on 12/1/2017 1:43:00 PM

It's an alright liquid lipstick. The balance of having a lipstick that isn't overtly drying and doesn't wear off immediately is quite hard to pull off. This is almost-there, but not quite there. Does that make sense?

The formula is easy to apply, a little moussey. It has the same packaging and similar wand to Jeffree Star, but the formula isn't identical. What I like about the WNW catsuit is that it is unscented, and easy to reapply. It is also easy to remove. That being said, it wears off easily in the middle of my lips even when I eat non-greasy items, such as dry rice cakes.

That being said, the price & availability can't be beat. I prefer these over the Colourpop Satin, Matte, Blotted lips (nevermind, the hassle of purchasing and getting custom fees all the time too.)

I purchased this color in Nudist Peach and it’s just the perfect color for a sultry Bardot makeup look. Pair with dark messy eyes and start ruining men.

Dont not hesitate to buy these little babies!!! I am in love with these. They are a little drying though so I put a lip balm on before applying but I have no problems at all with these other than that. I have coral corruption and Missy fierce and plan on buying more because for $5 you can not beat these little drugstore gems.

Great packaging and great product if you like matte longwear lippies. They do get drying after a few hours but you can easily touch up if needed to give a little hydration boost or fix a patch. It does have a velvety, true matte appearance. The dark vampy colors are stunning and last longer than my coworkers' expensive liquid lipstick!

on 8/19/2017 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I saw Missy and Fierce in the store one day and was intrigued. I googled some swatches and ended up buying it the next day.

In my googling, I saw that it's been considered a dupe for Kat Von D's Outlaw, which I love. They're similar but not quite the same. Outlaw is a bit darker, and felt more vampy, while Missy and Fierce felt like it had more of a pink tone, but still very pretty. Missy and Fierce wasn't quite as drying though, which I appreciate.

Now to actual wear. I wore this to work, and for the first 5 hours, it wore pretty decently. I was drinking out of a water bottle and talking, a lot, throughout that time and mostly noticed the inside part of the lip wearing off, which makes sense. I wiped it off for lunch, reapplied, and saw another good 4 hours of wear. It even handled a pasta dinner, with some slight care towards how I was eating.

I'm not a huge fan of that type of wand. It's like a doe wand but with a ledge. Maybe for some it helps, but for me it gets in the way. One last thing, just like any other liquid, matte lipstick, exfoliating your lips and moisturizing before hand is rather crucial. I'm certainly curious to try more from this line after enjoying Missy and Fierce.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wet n Wild currently owns most of my makeup bag, and for good reason. They seriously did their thing last year and early this year when it came to their MegaLast lines, and this matte liquid lipstick is no exception to that rule. I own four of these lipsticks and I'll list them in order from favorite to least favorite. I have Goth Topic, Flame of the Game, Give Me Mocha, and Rebel Rose.

1) Goth Topic. You knew it was coming. I keep blackened purple lips around like a bad habit and wear it even in the brutal heat of a punishing LA summer. I picked up Goth Topic at Walgreens for $5, and I'm so glad I did because now I can hardly ever find it in stock anywhere. Like the name would imply, this is a very rich, bold, dark purple color that is moody, witchy, and usually makes people take a step back when you wear it out. My boyfriend calls it an 'evil' color, and by that I guess he means that I'm difficult to approach when I wear it. I usually layer this over an NYX lip pencil for even more of a vibe. Once I find a lipgloss to wear over it, I'll be unstoppable.

2) Flame of the Game. My cousin convinced me to get this color. I never would have purchased it, but I kept coming back to it in stores and finally she told me to buy it and wear it to her sisters bachelorette party. She gave me a choice between this and a hideous bright pink. It will be a cold day in hell before I wear bright pink. Flame of the Game is a vibrant, ridiculous, LOOK AT ME HAHAHAHAHAHAH psychopathic orange color. There really is no other description for it. I look like I need to be committed when I wear it, so normally it does not see the light of day. However, I kind of like the uneasy "who the **** let her out of the house?!" stares I get when I do decide to take this color off punishment. Honestly, this color reminds me of a traffic cone. Definitely a color you have to get used to.

3) Give Me Mocha. This is a work-friendly shade of brownish pink. For me it would be a MLBB shade, but it's just a tad too pink. I used to wear it more than I do now, except I realized that when I tan, it just drops the brown and looks more pinkish on me than I would like. Nonetheless, it is still a beautiful color, and it is a great bridge between the obnoxious pale pinks and the berries in this line.

4) Rebel Rose. I stupidly purchased this color thinking it would be a cute pink. I don't know what kind of crack I was smoking that day, because all this color does is give me corpse lips. I look like I'm dying in this shade. It was almost as bad as Stingraye from Colourpop, and THAT is a day that will live in infamy. Rebel Rose would best suit a fairer lady with cool undertones. We do not get along.

The only reason I did not give these a perfect five star is because I am not a fan of traditional matte finish lipsticks. I've mentioned in another review that I prefer demi-matte to a full matte lip, and I would consider these to be not quite a full matte, but pretty damn close. Every time I wear one of these, I always want a matching or gloss to go over them, ESPECIALLY Goth Topic. I feel that a lot of the colors would look absolutely beautiful if they had the same finish that NYX Soft Matte's did. They are far more comfortable to wear than ColourPop, and the staying power is far above NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I put on Goth Topic the other day for a date (the man loves a challenge) at 5:00 and reached my destination at 9:00. Midnight and four drinks later, I barely needed to reapply. Insanity.

For liquid lipsticks, the only thing that outlasts these with staying power is Smashbox Always On, but I can't always afford $24 for a lip product (even though I drool constantly over True Grit and Out Loud pretty much lives in my bag come summer).

The other great thing about the Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks is that there is no scent. At all. THANK YOU JESUS.

All in all, I really like the Liquid Catsuits. Wet n Wild scores once again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Uhm long lasting liquid lipstick for under $5?! YES PLEASE. The only other liquid lipsticks I have tried are Kat Von D, Anastasia, and Jeffree Star. Yes, the Wet 'n' Wild lippies aren't as great, but they are great for the price. I find that they last long on the lips, and have a vibrant, opaque color. I've gotten many compliments wearing this product and people are shook after they find out I paid under $5!

The negatives: drying on the lips, and a limited color range.

Overall, I highly recommend!

I have give me mocha, berry recognize and rebel rose. The formula and applicator is absolutely amazing! It's a thin formula but very pigmented and not streaky at all. Also lasts a decent amount of time before it gets a little dry.