Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by age: 25-29
Wet 'n' Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

4.3

I purchased this color in Nudist Peach and it’s just the perfect color for a sultry Bardot makeup look. Pair with dark messy eyes and start ruining men.

Dont not hesitate to buy these little babies!!! I am in love with these. They are a little drying though so I put a lip balm on before applying but I have no problems at all with these other than that. I have coral corruption and Missy fierce and plan on buying more because for $5 you can not beat these little drugstore gems.

Great packaging and great product if you like matte longwear lippies. They do get drying after a few hours but you can easily touch up if needed to give a little hydration boost or fix a patch. It does have a velvety, true matte appearance. The dark vampy colors are stunning and last longer than my coworkers' expensive liquid lipstick!

on 8/19/2017 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I saw Missy and Fierce in the store one day and was intrigued. I googled some swatches and ended up buying it the next day.

In my googling, I saw that it's been considered a dupe for Kat Von D's Outlaw, which I love. They're similar but not quite the same. Outlaw is a bit darker, and felt more vampy, while Missy and Fierce felt like it had more of a pink tone, but still very pretty. Missy and Fierce wasn't quite as drying though, which I appreciate.

Now to actual wear. I wore this to work, and for the first 5 hours, it wore pretty decently. I was drinking out of a water bottle and talking, a lot, throughout that time and mostly noticed the inside part of the lip wearing off, which makes sense. I wiped it off for lunch, reapplied, and saw another good 4 hours of wear. It even handled a pasta dinner, with some slight care towards how I was eating.

I'm not a huge fan of that type of wand. It's like a doe wand but with a ledge. Maybe for some it helps, but for me it gets in the way. One last thing, just like any other liquid, matte lipstick, exfoliating your lips and moisturizing before hand is rather crucial. I'm certainly curious to try more from this line after enjoying Missy and Fierce.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Wet n Wild currently owns most of my makeup bag, and for good reason. They seriously did their thing last year and early this year when it came to their MegaLast lines, and this matte liquid lipstick is no exception to that rule. I own four of these lipsticks and I'll list them in order from favorite to least favorite. I have Goth Topic, Flame of the Game, Give Me Mocha, and Rebel Rose.

1) Goth Topic. You knew it was coming. I keep blackened purple lips around like a bad habit and wear it even in the brutal heat of a punishing LA summer. I picked up Goth Topic at Walgreens for $5, and I'm so glad I did because now I can hardly ever find it in stock anywhere. Like the name would imply, this is a very rich, bold, dark purple color that is moody, witchy, and usually makes people take a step back when you wear it out. My boyfriend calls it an 'evil' color, and by that I guess he means that I'm difficult to approach when I wear it. I usually layer this over an NYX lip pencil for even more of a vibe. Once I find a lipgloss to wear over it, I'll be unstoppable.

2) Flame of the Game. My cousin convinced me to get this color. I never would have purchased it, but I kept coming back to it in stores and finally she told me to buy it and wear it to her sisters bachelorette party. She gave me a choice between this and a hideous bright pink. It will be a cold day in hell before I wear bright pink. Flame of the Game is a vibrant, ridiculous, LOOK AT ME HAHAHAHAHAHAH psychopathic orange color. There really is no other description for it. I look like I need to be committed when I wear it, so normally it does not see the light of day. However, I kind of like the uneasy "who the **** let her out of the house?!" stares I get when I do decide to take this color off punishment. Honestly, this color reminds me of a traffic cone. Definitely a color you have to get used to.

3) Give Me Mocha. This is a work-friendly shade of brownish pink. For me it would be a MLBB shade, but it's just a tad too pink. I used to wear it more than I do now, except I realized that when I tan, it just drops the brown and looks more pinkish on me than I would like. Nonetheless, it is still a beautiful color, and it is a great bridge between the obnoxious pale pinks and the berries in this line.

4) Rebel Rose. I stupidly purchased this color thinking it would be a cute pink. I don't know what kind of crack I was smoking that day, because all this color does is give me corpse lips. I look like I'm dying in this shade. It was almost as bad as Stingraye from Colourpop, and THAT is a day that will live in infamy. Rebel Rose would best suit a fairer lady with cool undertones. We do not get along.

The only reason I did not give these a perfect five star is because I am not a fan of traditional matte finish lipsticks. I've mentioned in another review that I prefer demi-matte to a full matte lip, and I would consider these to be not quite a full matte, but pretty damn close. Every time I wear one of these, I always want a matching or gloss to go over them, ESPECIALLY Goth Topic. I feel that a lot of the colors would look absolutely beautiful if they had the same finish that NYX Soft Matte's did. They are far more comfortable to wear than ColourPop, and the staying power is far above NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams. I put on Goth Topic the other day for a date (the man loves a challenge) at 5:00 and reached my destination at 9:00. Midnight and four drinks later, I barely needed to reapply. Insanity.

For liquid lipsticks, the only thing that outlasts these with staying power is Smashbox Always On, but I can't always afford $24 for a lip product (even though I drool constantly over True Grit and Out Loud pretty much lives in my bag come summer).

The other great thing about the Megalast Liquid Catsuit Lipsticks is that there is no scent. At all. THANK YOU JESUS.

All in all, I really like the Liquid Catsuits. Wet n Wild scores once again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Uhm long lasting liquid lipstick for under $5?! YES PLEASE. The only other liquid lipsticks I have tried are Kat Von D, Anastasia, and Jeffree Star. Yes, the Wet 'n' Wild lippies aren't as great, but they are great for the price. I find that they last long on the lips, and have a vibrant, opaque color. I've gotten many compliments wearing this product and people are shook after they find out I paid under $5!

The negatives: drying on the lips, and a limited color range.

Overall, I highly recommend!

I have give me mocha, berry recognize and rebel rose. The formula and applicator is absolutely amazing! It's a thin formula but very pigmented and not streaky at all. Also lasts a decent amount of time before it gets a little dry.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So, I own the peach shade. It's so freaking gorgeous on. But the formula is so thin. It takes a bit to get an opaque coverage. I still like it though. And the applicator is pleasantly comfortable lol.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my first liquid lipstick and I really like it! I am very fair, and cool toned. I prefer mauve colors, rosey pinks. I picked the shade Rebel Rose, and I love the color. My lips do feel dry after applying this (but not a lot, definitely not dried out, just a bit drier), but I go over it with Burt's Bees, which solves the problem.

I am very particular about lipstick shades, I know what looks good on me (mauve colors). If you are cool-toned, fair, or enjoy mauves, then I'd give Rebel Rose a shot. Got this for 3 dollars on sale at Walgreens, so price can't be beat.

Also, in the past my lips have peeled from any kind of lipstick and even many chapsticks. Lately I have been trying budget lip products (I'm afraid to put down $$ for a lip product I might be allergic too) and I'm happy to say Wet n Wild and Elf haven't caused peeling for me. I'll take off a lippie if this ever does cause peeling.

on 5/25/2017 3:12:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought two shades - Nudist Peach and Coral Corruption. The peach shade application was very smooth and felt very nice on my lips. Then when it dried, I could sort of make out the lines on my lips but it wasn't too noticeable. Then, when i smiled, there was an immediate stopping line where the very inside of my lip was exposed. I tried the application with coral color the next day and again, it had a great feel to it and after applying completely to my lips, I used the wand to dab some color slightly onto the inner part of my bottom lip. I held my lips parted to allow the formula to dry. That seemed to help some but halfway through the day, the lipstick on that part right inside my lip was worn away and the line was even more noticeable. I think the formula is really smooth and I tried to like these lip glosses because of the price and the variety of colors available, but unless it's a user error and not the fault of the product ( and someone please tell me if that is so), then I am going to pass them on to a friend and see if they have better luck than I did.