wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 19-24
wet n wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick

2.8

on 7/5/2017 1:32:00 PM

I have 3 shades- Nudie Patootie, Rebel Rose and Nudist Peach... The pigmentation depends on which shade you go for, Rebel Rose was by far the most even and pigmented! The others were a little patchy but built up okay..
They didn't wear too bad, a little faded and crumbly after eating but reapplied okay over top.. Very affordable and comparable to other high end liquid lipsticks, can't go wrong with the price! I would recommend Rebel Rose, very nice formula and colour!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I highly regret giving into the hype and buying these, they are just not very good tbh. I bought 2 of them(nudist peach and pink really hard) they both were the same in terms of application. Neither of the colors suited me either but i would definitely hve given another shade try if i actually thought the formula was good. I found them to be streaky, nudist peach built up to be opaque but pink really hard was streaky no matter how many coats i applied. The only problem was when you build it up like most liquid lips tend to do t would flake off and look gross. I also found that it never dried down and would get everywhere, tbh it reminded me a lot of nyx soft matte lip creams which i am not a fan of. Also the shade pink really hard appears to be a mid toned warm pink in the bottle but is actually a very bright coral shade.

PROS - Very inexpensive CONS - I got the lightest shade and it was just patchy even on first application. This is something I don't usually experience with liquid lipsticks. Also, it wasn't matte. It took some blotting to get matte but that only made the patch was worse. Also, I usually don't have a strong aversion to smell but it smells VERY chemically. I didn't notice a taste however which is a plus, but I definitely would not recommend this product.

on 12/21/2016 1:06:00 PM

I don't know how Wet n Wild does it. This brand, man. They keep coming out with products that impress me, and those impressive products literally cost pennies.

As a junkie, I feel like I have used every liquid lipstick known to man...Stila, Jeffree, ABH, Jouer, and Huda's are among some of my favorites and now these WnW lippies are right up there with the rest of them. I have bought many a drugstore liquid lippie without having my hopes too high and not expecting much, and even then, I was horribly dissapointed. This is seriously half the price of other drugstore liquid lipsticks and about 5,000 times better in quality....what.

I paid $17 for 6 shades (Nudie Patootie, Nudist Peach, Coral Corruption, Pink Really Hard, Rebel Rose, and Give Me Mocha) at Walgreens after using up reward points. I immediately swatched them on my hand in the car and my giddy excitement was.....quelled a little bit, to say the least. The colors are beautiful and HEAVILY on trend, but seem to be a little patchy or streaky. "no matter," I said to myself, "remember I paid $3 for each of these....." I started regretting buying 6 of them right away, but went ahead and picked one to apply on my lips. I chose Give Me Mocha. And then the excitement came back!

One stroke was not enough to give me the opaque color pay off I wanted, and I was nervous that perhaps layering more and more coats was just going to wreck it even more. Not the case! I got my desired look with two applications and it wasn't crusty, streaky, or chunky in any way. The indented doe foot applicator hugs the contour of your lips and is pretty awesome too.

The staying power is second to none. I went to work straight after (makeup artist), where I accumulated even more lipstick swatches on my hand, and throughout the day an ABH swatch was wearing down long before the WnW swatches from my car that morning. And the color on my lips wasn't budging an inch through tons of talking, my bad habit of nervous lip licking/chewing, and eating and drinking. When I got home and was ready to take off my makeup, it was a little hard to remove and took two cotton squares of Bioderma micellar water, but I'm not entirely bothered by that because......I love ANYTHING this long wearing!

I'm probably going to go back and buy all of the shades. Even though I feel like there might be a little bit of quality discrepancies between some of the shades (some apply better than others) it is a problem that is easily circumvented, just apply more than one coat and it will still look and hold up fine. For three to four dollars, I really can't complain, especially when I've had $20+ liquid lippies perform way worse than this. go get one as soon as you can, and then pray that WnW is going to make these a permanent product in their line!

A little about the colors i have (mostly all the "nude" shades:)

Nudie patootie: a very light, cool toned, nearly grey-ish nude....looks almost zombie-ish on me (NC30 skin) but I actually really love it because of that! Personal preference I guess.

Nudist Peach: a very muted Peach/coral, I thought I would have a dupe for this in my lipstick collection but it turns out I don't. A little streaky but not too bad, easily fixed with a second coat.

Pink Really Hard: a soft and wearable bubblegum pink, I was hoping it was going to have more mauve tones like ABH Lovely (they look identical in their tubes) but it doesn't. I like it though, it's a very flattering "natural" pink.

Coral Corruption: muted red/coral, not too intense, reminds me of ABH retro coral but more versatile.

Rebel rose: I can see this being the color everyone goes nuts over. A true dusty rose mauve. Absolutrly gorgeous, holy wow.

Give Me Mocha: my least favorite, this by far has the patchiest formula of all of the colors I have but it's very pretty. A brown red, looks almost like dried blood, but it's not overly deep and wears super natural. Needed a lot of coats to get it to look good though.

Video Reviews & Tutorials