Bloom Cosmetics Shimmer Bodygel

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 12/15/2003 10:33:00 PM

This product is fantastic! I picked up two tubes of this at a recent Bloom sale and was not disappointed. I was originally after the Aloha Shimmer lotion but I love this one equally, if not more! I have dark skin and need to lose a bit for it to show up on my skin, but I'm left with a beautiful, bronzey gold colour. I find it also perfect for evening out the pigmented skin-tone of my shoulders and upper back.
As for the packaging, I wouldn't mind it being in a stiffer tube or in a pump as just a light squeeze and heaps of the body gel comes out!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool

This is a fairly big tube so lasts a while, i have had mine for a year. It gives a subtle gold gleam to skin, i think it is best applied on legs and decollette. I didnt even realise this was a body gel at first so i have used it as a face highlighter in the past with no problems.

This gives a very classy shimmer not a teenage disco look. I would repurchase when this runs out.

on 2/2/2003 7:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have this in gold shimmer,and it not only looks very elegant on,it smells yummy-like lavender.I have only used it on my decollete so I don't know if this would irritate my face or not,but my sensitive skin has had no complaints thus far.I would probably only use this for going out,but it does give a nice sheen to the areas that you want to draw attention to.

on 6/13/2001 6:18:00 PM

I own Bloom's shimmer body gel in "Glistening Gold" which is scented with lavendar essential oil. It smells very nice, but I was hoping for a bit more "gold" to show on my skin. Instead, it lends itself to a very subtle hint of gold dewy shine/iridescence, which is great for highlighting shoulders, cheekbones, decolletage. However, I find that on my dark skin I need to use a lot of creme to get anything to show. It would be great for use in the day, or in well lit areas, but not worth the money if you're looking for "club" or "bar scene" shine! (which is what I was aiming for). Overall, not a bad product, but a bit pricey for what it is. Easier to buy some lotion and add micro-powder pigment (like Sephora Artist Pearl Powders!) and mix your own--for less money than this one 1.76 oz tube! I found a good use for this is highlighting my browbone and as an eyeshadow primer--when the creme dries the gold really stays put! (keeping any shadow you layered on top of it put too!)