Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Blush

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Blush
Murumuru Butter BlushMurumuru Butter Blush

3.6

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't use a bronzer in my routine but I was very curious about Physicians Formula's Butter Bronzer's smell and texture after hearing so many people praising them. For that reason alone I was planning on getting the bronzer and asking online if I should get the Light Bronzer shade or the Bronzer shade. I have super fair skin and couple fellow pale skin people told me the Butter Blush had the same smell and that they could use its Plum Rose shade as a bronzer - they said it worked better as all the bronzers in the market was dark for them. So I went with the blush in Plum Rose.

The scent is lovely. A sweet coconuty smell, in my opinion like coconut mixed with vanilla. I love coconut scent but I'm not very into sweet, vanilla-y scents so for me the perfume of this doesn't live up to the hype. I would give 3 out of 5 stars.

The texture is really very soft. It was very easy to blend and feels very lightweight on the skin.

As for pigmentation, it's neither shimmery nor matte. Something in the middle. As I said, I have super fair skin but even on me 1-2 brush moves of Plum Rose didn't show any noticeable color. With several brush moves the color was definitely there though. For me this is good because not very pigmented/very light color blushes make a great to-go option especially when you're in a hurry; hard to make mistakes, if you make a mistake easier to fix it, can be used alone or with little make-up.

The price of this is more expensive than other drug store blushes out there. I got it *for its parfume* so I can't complain about it but the fact it has perfume and talc (which might get irritating for some) and that packaging is nothing special makes it not different enough than other drug store blushes that this being more expensive would be justified. If it was cheaper I would give 5 stars.

on 8/15/2018 12:15:00 AM

This blush has been tempting me for ages and I finally caved and bought it when I spotted it on sale. I held out for so long because of the mixed reviews here and lack of shade variety. I love Physicians Formula but I wish they would expand their shade range. Most of the shades didn't really thrill me and it's worth noting most of their shades tend to run very light and don't offer many/any options for people with darker skin tones.

I bought the shade Plum Rose with the hopes it would show up on me. I am quite fair (I wear Nara Vanilla concealer) but it seemed even with that, this blush didn't work for some fair skinned girls. The packaging is cute but a little bulky. It does smell divine though. Sometimes I open it just to smell it. The smell doesn't last on the cheeks very long (which is good news for those who might not enjoy the scent).

The shade does show up, thankfully, and I didnt find I had to work very hard to build it up. It's a beautiful dusty mauve colour that gives a soft flush. It really is soft and silky and it adds a lovely sheen to the cheeks.

Given that it pulls a mauve-y pink on me, I couldn't see myself personally using this as a contour but it seems this blush pulls differently on different people. I really do like this product though and as other users mentioned, it does seem to look better as the day goes on and it sinks into your skin more. I would repurchase this blush again, and more from the line, if they made new shades and one caught my eye.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the shade Rosy Pink, which is practically identical to Nars Mata Hari (pink with purple undertone). I love how soft the formula is, you don't have to use a ton and it applies really smoothly. It doesn't clash with my bronzer and turn orange and it lasts all day which is something I rarely experience. My cheek area seems to eat up bronzer and blush and normally I have to do multiple layers of cream/liquid/powder blush to last but I can get away with using only this. The packaging is really bulky so I depotted it and it comes in a magnetic tin which is a bonus!

on 8/10/2018 10:14:00 PM

I purchased the colour Rosy Pink. Found it for $11 after seeing it priced closer to $16 at various drugstores and was excited to try! I really like the colour, it’s pigmented but easy to work with (I use a stipple brush and dab it over my cheeks and then gently swirl to blend). It definitely has a scent in the pan, not noticeable upon application.

I’ve used Colourpop super shock blushes before and never really found one I like, but I love the creme to powder type of blush, and it’s harder to find than your average powder blush. The two formulas are different, I do prefer the PF. It’s worth noting that the Physician’s formula has 7.5g of product while the CP has just over 4g. With USD to CAD exchange rate and shipping to Canada, the PF was cheaper despite containing nearly twice the product.

The only thing I did not like about the Butter blush would be the dinky brush thing it comes with... threw that in the garbage right away lol. Not just because I have my own preferred brushes but also because it was the weirdest little skinny sponge stick applicator thing and I can’t imagine anyone using it but props to you if you made it work! I’d rather the packaging was smaller/more eco-friendly. It’s pretty though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This review is for the shade Natural Glow.

In the pan, the color looks absolutely beautiful and like the exact shade of blush I go for. Swatched or on my face it doesn't show up as a blush, but it does show up as a highlighter. It also doesn't have a lot of sparkle and is more of a sheen (which I like). However, I didn't buy this as a highlighter because I already have plenty of those. I bought it to be a blush. Sadly, I had to return this. I'm also very light complected so it's definitely not my skin tone making this appear more like a highlight than a blush. I would possibly try the other shades of the Murumuru blush. The consistency is very nice and smooth. The packaging is just okay, but I am more about the product and how well it works rather than the packaging. Overall, I would recommend this blush if you just want a highlight that has a VERY slight hint of the peach tone you see in the pan.

I have the shade Plum Rose, which is a light dusty mauve. I'm NC20 with yellow undertones and this is the PERFECT contour/blush shade for me. It looks extremely natural but gives dimension to my face. I love it, it's my "go to" blush! Sometimes if I want more color on my face I will apply an other blush just on the apples of my cheeks like Fratboy by the Balm or Obsessed by UD! Most of the times though I just use Plum Rose especially if I go for a quick and natural look. I use the Real Techniques blush brush and I literally apply this all over my face. It never looks muddy or too intense. I also use this blush as my eyeshadow, that usually brings the whole look together!

The formula is buttery and blends effortlessly. The finish isn't flat matte or glittery or shimmery. It just has a beautiful sheen to it. It has the same scent that the butter bronzer has but I can't smell it once it's on my face. I personally love this coco scent!

My mother is NC35 with olive undertones and this blush looks a bit more of a pinky beige on her skin whereas on mine it looks true to the colour you see on the pan. She needs to layer it more though to show up on her skin but it still looks beautiful and goes well with her smokey eye looks.

All in all, if you're nearly close to my skin tone give this a blush a try because it goes well with any type of make up look, you just can't go wrong with this shade! If you have a deeper skintone than mine probably you will need to layer this particular shade a bit more but if you don't mind that then I would say that it worths a try!

I forgot to mention that it doesn't break me out and it stays put during the day which is important to me since I have oily, acne prone skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is the only product from the butter line that I don't love and won't be repurchasing. I have the colors Vintage Rose and Rosy Pink which I believe is the darker of the 4 colors.

It's not really pigmented and I'm NC 35-40. I have to pack it on to see any color. So I doubt this would work for girls with darker skin tones. Once packed on the color is nice but takes some work.

One again I don't like the bulky packaging. The print on the packaging is cute, but too bulky. I don't reapply blush so I really don't need the extra compartment. Just takes up too much space in my drawer.

If they were to come out with darker and more pigmented shades, I'll probably buy it and test it out. But for now, I won't repurchase after I'm done with the 2 I currently own. Milani have better more pigmented blushes than PF and at a better price point.

on 6/17/2018 6:17:00 PM

I was disappointed to find that Plum Rose didn’t work for me as a blusher at all. But then... I tried it as a contour, and it’s by far the best product I have ever used, as a contour for my pale skin!! It’s PERFECT!! It doesn’t look like makeup at all, it just looks like I have killer cheekbones! I honestly couldn’t do without this blusher now and have just ordered a back up, as I can’t believe I could ever find a better contour than this. All of the ‘faults’ it has as a blusher - greyish toned and light pigmentation - mean it’s the best pale girl contour you’ll ever find!!

on 3/9/2018 2:41:00 AM

I agree with most reviews here that the Natural Glow doesn’t show up much on me, and I am pretty fair (nc15-nc20). I also have the Plum Rose one and is more pigmented, and comes out a really lovely purple grey color on my cheeks. The one in Natural Glow is still pretty on the pan, but it is too light or too sheer maybe. I do still use it as highlighter though on top of my other satin blushes and it looks really pretty. This smells just as great though and the formula is just as smooth. But it doesnt do much as a blush. Use it as highlighter tho. ;) Update: I got the 2new shades and the one in Vintage Rouge is much more pigmented! It is a pretty pinkish coral shade and gives me a natural flush. The other one in Rosey Pink is pigmented too and is such a bubblegum pink color. Both are so nice!!! These still have the same buttery feel to it and same yummy scent.

This review is about the BUTTER HIGHLIGHTER in pearl, but it wasn't listed on makeup alley so I have to put it under blush.
It's a good highlighter, the texture is amazing, it's cream to powder, it's so smooth, creamy, and soft so it's fun to apply. It blends well. I like that it's a light color, which is hard to find because most highlighters are so dark and gold, and it's hard to find a silvery shade. Would be great on pale skin. But it kind of has a pinkish almost purple undertone, but still silvery.
It's nice but not very shimmery, it's kind of subtle and reminds me more of eye shadow, but you can make it less subtle by applying a few coats. The packaging is gorgeous and sturdy, didn't break at all when I dropped it, unlike the crappy Elf highlighter packages that break the highlight at the slightest drop. It's a very pretty color and the texture is what has me wanting more.

Popular Blush Products