3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

I love this in Vintage Rose. It is light enough for my NC15ish complexion. And it has a nice mauve/peach aspect to it. The tiniest bit of shimmer. The only thing I don’t love about this is the packaging. There is a secret compartment under the blush pan that has a mirror and a weird foam-sponge applicator(??) If one wanted to actually use the mirror to apply, they would have to flip back and forth(?) The top is clear and the packaging is just kind of cheap, unnecessarily thick, and bulky.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

from

5 months ago

I bought this in Rosy Pink, a soft coolish pink. From the looks of it in the package, I thought it might be too light, but it wasn’t. The color is sheer and buildable and gave me a soft, pretty flush that lasted all day. I applied it after setting powder and a little bronzer, mostly to the apples of my cheeks, and it looked very natural. It didn’t cake up, or oxidize. The compact is pretty sturdy, and easy to open, and it comes with a colorful round foam applicator that looks pretty useless. I suggest applying with a brush. Definately going to try other shades, it’s a great value for such a nice blush.

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal

HairBlond

3.0

5 months ago

Not bad, but not outstanding in any way. I prefer Kiko's blushes.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

8 months ago

I've been using this blush in Plum Rose for more than a year because it is an all purpose blush and shader. It's very subtle and never goes on heavy or bright. So it doesn't look like blush or shading; it looks natural. I also tried it in a more conventional red shade and it didn't work at all. I may go back to a rosier blush one day but this one seems so right because it's unnoticeable.

About reviewer (242 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

10 months ago

Love the blush. I do have to say that it has a unique texture, but I really love how it applies. I have the shade natural glow, and it is fantastic if you want to layer it. If you want beautiful results and if you have fair skin I would recommend buying 2 shades natural glow and probably a brighter color and layer it on top. I used a standard blush brush to apply it, and it worked, can't complain. It's cheap, good quality, great "color". I do love Physician Formula, and I am getting more and more curious about the brand :D 5 lippies ❤️ https://youtu.be/6oB7Rzbpu-0

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

1.0

a year ago

It's more of a slight highlight/sheen than anything. Love the smell, but not the product. Just didn't do it for me. Very difficult to get the product on brushes. I felt like I had to rub pretty hard. No color to "natural glow" in my opinion and I'm pale. I'm returning the product.

About reviewer (79 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

ok i am loving these Murumuru Butter products by Physicians formula. i have the shade plum rose and it is really pretty. its a soft but buildable colour. i usually go with one layer because i like more of a subtle blush. its easy to blend into the skin, it feels like it just melts into your face. the shade i have is perfect for fair skinned people. its a purpley pinkish colour. the smell is much stronger for this then the highlighter but i have zero complaints about that because it smells heavenly. doesnt swatch that well, looks much better when you apply it with a brush onto your face. i am definitely going to be buying things from this line from now on.

About reviewer (103 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

I don't use a bronzer in my routine but I was very curious about Physicians Formula's Butter Bronzer's smell and texture after hearing so many people praising them. For that reason alone I was planning on getting the bronzer and asking online if I should get the Light Bronzer shade or the Bronzer shade. I have super fair skin and couple fellow pale skin people told me the Butter Blush had the same smell and that they could use its Plum Rose shade as a bronzer - they said it worked better as all the bronzers in the market was dark for them. So I went with the blush in Plum Rose. The scent is lovely. A sweet coconuty smell, in my opinion like coconut mixed with vanilla. I love coconut scent but I'm not very into sweet, vanilla-y scents so for me the perfume of this doesn't live up to the hype. I would give 3 out of 5 stars. The texture is really very soft. It was very easy to blend and feels very lightweight on the skin. As for pigmentation, it's neither shimmery nor matte. Something in the middle. As I said, I have super fair skin but even on me 1-2 brush moves of Plum Rose didn't show any noticeable color. With several brush moves the color was definitely there though. For me this is good because not very pigmented/very light color blushes make a great to-go option especially when you're in a hurry; hard to make mistakes, if you make a mistake easier to fix it, can be used alone or with little make-up. The price of this is more expensive than other drug store blushes out there. I got it *for its parfume* so I can't complain about it but the fact it has perfume and talc (which might get irritating for some) and that packaging is nothing special makes it not different enough than other drug store blushes that this being more expensive would be justified. If it was cheaper I would give 5 stars.

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

This blush has been tempting me for ages and I finally caved and bought it when I spotted it on sale. I held out for so long because of the mixed reviews here and lack of shade variety. I love Physicians Formula but I wish they would expand their shade range. Most of the shades didn't really thrill me and it's worth noting most of their shades tend to run very light and don't offer many/any options for people with darker skin tones. I bought the shade Plum Rose with the hopes it would show up on me. I am quite fair (I wear Nara Vanilla concealer) but it seemed even with that, this blush didn't work for some fair skinned girls. The packaging is cute but a little bulky. It does smell divine though. Sometimes I open it just to smell it. The smell doesn't last on the cheeks very long (which is good news for those who might not enjoy the scent). The shade does show up, thankfully, and I didnt find I had to work very hard to build it up. It's a beautiful dusty mauve colour that gives a soft flush. It really is soft and silky and it adds a lovely sheen to the cheeks. Given that it pulls a mauve-y pink on me, I couldn't see myself personally using this as a contour but it seems this blush pulls differently on different people. I really do like this product though and as other users mentioned, it does seem to look better as the day goes on and it sinks into your skin more. I would repurchase this blush again, and more from the line, if they made new shades and one caught my eye. EDIT (03/24/20) While I was initially quite pleased with this blush, I drifted away from it and when I went back to it, I wasn't as in love with it as before. It just doesnt show up as much or as easily as I'd like. However, I do think the butter blushes are worth trying still (just in a different shade) as I did enjoy the formula and scent. If they come out with a shade I like, I would definitely give it another try.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

I have this in the shade Rosy Pink, which is practically identical to Nars Mata Hari (pink with purple undertone). I love how soft the formula is, you don't have to use a ton and it applies really smoothly. It doesn't clash with my bronzer and turn orange and it lasts all day which is something I rarely experience. My cheek area seems to eat up bronzer and blush and normally I have to do multiple layers of cream/liquid/powder blush to last but I can get away with using only this. The packaging is really bulky so I depotted it and it comes in a magnetic tin which is a bonus!

About reviewer (86 reviews)

Age25-29