Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Blush

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Blush
Murumuru Butter BlushMurumuru Butter Blush

3.6

I have the shade Plum Rose, which is a light dusty mauve. I'm NC20 with yellow undertones and this is the PERFECT contour/blush shade for me. It looks extremely natural but gives dimension to my face. I love it, it's my "go to" blush! Sometimes if I want more color on my face I will apply an other blush just on the apples of my cheeks like Fratboy by the Balm or Obsessed by UD! Most of the times though I just use Plum Rose especially if I go for a quick and natural look. I use the Real Techniques blush brush and I literally apply this all over my face. It never looks muddy or too intense. I also use this blush as my eyeshadow, that usually brings the whole look together!

The formula is buttery and blends effortlessly. The finish isn't flat matte or glittery or shimmery. It just has a beautiful sheen to it. It has the same scent that the butter bronzer has but I can't smell it once it's on my face. I personally love this coco scent!

My mother is NC35 with olive undertones and this blush looks a bit more of a pinky beige on her skin whereas on mine it looks true to the colour you see on the pan. She needs to layer it more though to show up on her skin but it still looks beautiful and goes well with her smokey eye looks.

All in all, if you're nearly close to my skin tone give this a blush a try because it goes well with any type of make up look, you just can't go wrong with this shade! If you have a deeper skintone than mine probably you will need to layer this particular shade a bit more but if you don't mind that then I would say that it worths a try!

I forgot to mention that it doesn't break me out and it stays put during the day which is important to me since I have oily, acne prone skin.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is the only product from the butter line that I don't love and won't be repurchasing. I have the colors Vintage Rose and Rosy Pink which I believe is the darker of the 4 colors.

It's not really pigmented and I'm NC 35-40. I have to pack it on to see any color. So I doubt this would work for girls with darker skin tones. Once packed on the color is nice but takes some work.

One again I don't like the bulky packaging. The print on the packaging is cute, but too bulky. I don't reapply blush so I really don't need the extra compartment. Just takes up too much space in my drawer.

If they were to come out with darker and more pigmented shades, I'll probably buy it and test it out. But for now, I won't repurchase after I'm done with the 2 I currently own. Milani have better more pigmented blushes than PF and at a better price point.

on 6/17/2018 6:17:00 PM

I was disappointed to find that Plum Rose didn’t work for me as a blusher at all. But then... I tried it as a contour, and it’s by far the best product I have ever used, as a contour for my pale skin!! It’s PERFECT!! It doesn’t look like makeup at all, it just looks like I have killer cheekbones! I honestly couldn’t do without this blusher now and have just ordered a back up, as I can’t believe I could ever find a better contour than this. All of the ‘faults’ it has as a blusher - greyish toned and light pigmentation - mean it’s the best pale girl contour you’ll ever find!!

on 3/9/2018 2:41:00 AM

I agree with most reviews here that the Natural Glow doesn’t show up much on me, and I am pretty fair (nc15-nc20). I also have the Plum Rose one and is more pigmented, and comes out a really lovely purple grey color on my cheeks. The one in Natural Glow is still pretty on the pan, but it is too light or too sheer maybe. I do still use it as highlighter though on top of my other satin blushes and it looks really pretty. This smells just as great though and the formula is just as smooth. But it doesnt do much as a blush. Use it as highlighter tho. ;) Update: I got the 2new shades and the one in Vintage Rouge is much more pigmented! It is a pretty pinkish coral shade and gives me a natural flush. The other one in Rosey Pink is pigmented too and is such a bubblegum pink color. Both are so nice!!! These still have the same buttery feel to it and same yummy scent.

This review is about the BUTTER HIGHLIGHTER in pearl, but it wasn't listed on makeup alley so I have to put it under blush.
It's a good highlighter, the texture is amazing, it's cream to powder, it's so smooth, creamy, and soft so it's fun to apply. It blends well. I like that it's a light color, which is hard to find because most highlighters are so dark and gold, and it's hard to find a silvery shade. Would be great on pale skin. But it kind of has a pinkish almost purple undertone, but still silvery.
It's nice but not very shimmery, it's kind of subtle and reminds me more of eye shadow, but you can make it less subtle by applying a few coats. The packaging is gorgeous and sturdy, didn't break at all when I dropped it, unlike the crappy Elf highlighter packages that break the highlight at the slightest drop. It's a very pretty color and the texture is what has me wanting more.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can’t begin to tell you how infuriating it is for us here in Canada to get only 2 of the 4 shades, having to wait months and months to get the other 2 shades available. But... they are FINALLY here! I have been dying to try the Vintage Rouge shade for so long and now that I have, it was exactly what I had hoped it would be. A soft mix of coral and pink that looks so fresh on my skin tone. Until now I was using the Plum Rose shade that is more purple/mauve and while I can pull it off, it could look muddy or bruise-like on others. Vintage Rouge is a more cheerful shade, feels soft and buttery, smells delicious, like all of the other “Butter” products by PF. I have been using this every single day since purchasing, I love this shade and formula! Two of my most used face products are the bronzer and the blush. A little expensive for drugstore but they are fantastic quality, worth the price. I love the cute packaging, only wished it didn’t have that little compartment in the bottom with the ridiculously useless sponge applicator. If they eliminated that the compact would be nice and slim, and would hopefully decrease the cost.

on 1/24/2018 7:46:00 AM

I got this on a whim and I don’t regret it at all. :) I am fair NC15-NC20 and I got this in Plum Rose. It is a subtle greyish purple shade that might seem weird but actually looks really lovely on my fair skin. It has a little bit of a sheen, but it’s not overpowering at all. It comes out pretty and natural. And this smells so good in the pan. Love this blush! This is so worth the price coz it is not that pricey and you get a lot of product in its container.

on 11/29/2017 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My skintone is between NC5 and NC10. That's paper white pale cool-toned and I looove this blush. I got it in the shade Plum Rose. Plum would indicate purple-ish, its not that. It's kind of liver-colored skin color, somewhere in between pink and grey, bit strange looking in the pan but on the face it gives the most natural blush without looking like you have make up on. It goes well with a lot of my make up looks that are mauve-based.. When you're a pale warm toned person the Natural Glow will look amazing and a neutral can carry both. PF have recently also brought out two more intense colors for medium and dark skin-tones. I hope they never discontinue the lighter shades though as I'm so happy a brand has thought about us pale skinned gals!

I am about NC 15 and I purchased Plum Rose. I really like this blush. It is sheer but you can layer it and give off such a wonderul flush. I like that it's not super pigmented and that you can layer it....this way, I never go 'OOPS..too much blush" and try to wipe it off with a cotton ball. I love the smell. It goes away quickly. I might consider getting the darker one but so far, I'm quite pleased with this blush!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Okay to start I am very fair skinned with neutral/pinky undertones. I'm in Canada so I have the only 2 shades you can get here (natural glow and plum rose) and I absolutely LOVE these! I usually wear both together and yes they are a little more sheer but I found that was the point in this product is to BUILD IT UP! Kind of like the butter bronzer which I also own and love. Lots of people complain about blushes being too pigmented and I find you can have lots of control with this blush and some may say "oh the more I use the more product I waste" well I found when i did want to build it up not much more was needed to see pretty decent color pay off, maybe thats just me and my personal experiences but I did have to say that. Also enjoy the coconut smell as well, but im not smell sensitive really. But one con I guess is the applicator, its useless.