75%

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

5 months ago

This felt really good on my hands when I tried it in the store. It was not greasy and was absorbed pretty quickly, and made my skin smooth. HOWEVER, I had a reaction immediately when I put it on my face! My skin turned red and was burning. It also caused immediate small red bumps. If you have sensitive skin--beware !

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

I have to give a major shout out to this little gem. I like to keep my skin care routine very simple and I've pared it down to just a few basic staples -- I use a moisturizer with sunscreen in it, and a little Argan oil around my eyes each morning. At night, before going to bed, I slather on Argan oil all over. Using those two products is enough for me, except in the Winter. I'm 41 with moderately dry, very sensitive skin and every Winter (starting right after Christmas when it truly gets cold), I get dry patches that my foundation clings to. It isn't pretty. I've experimented with everything from Aquaphor to luxury skin care and nothing really works for me except this twelve dollar serum from Elf. In the thick of the coldest months, I'd apply my regular moisturizer, then apply this serum. It didn't feel overly thick, and didn't leave my skin tacky if I waited a moment or so. Honestly I'm not sure how or why this product worked so well, but it did. I've worked at Sephora and Ulta and been lucky enough to try all kind of skin care products, and this serum beat them all when it came to defeating the Winter grossness. The key difference for me, between this product and Aquaphor, Lumene and others was that with everything I tried, the dry patches would be diminished before I applied makeup, so I was happy and I believed the products were working. However, when I used this serum, I wasn't waking up to any dry patches -- the issue was completely GONE, all Winter. Heck yes, I was stunned because this has been an issue of mine for a decade. This serum actually resolved my dry skin issues to the extent that I was able to wear a mineral foundation even in the coldest months which is normally a huge no-go for me. You don't get much product, for twelve dollars, but my bottle lasted all Winter for me just using it in the morning. If you use it morning and night, you may need two bottles each Winter. For me, twelve to twenty-four dollars per Winter is a bargain. It's definitely thicker than you'd think a serum would be -- it kind of feels like you're just putting another moisturizer on but it isn't overly thick or cumbersome. Makeup applies *beautifully* over this product as long as you wait two or three minutes in between. I don't have this product right now because I don't need it but I'll definitely be getting a bottle once the cooler weather arrives (I am so ready for Fall candles, scarves and boots!). Your mileage may vary of course, but I say definitely give it a try if you get really dry skin and dry patches. Regardless of which moisturizer I used, this little gem kept my skin smooth, soft and supple all Winter and actually made a difference. Love, love, love!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3 years ago

I like this quite a bit. I have oily skin and it's been suggested that serum type moisturizers are beneficial for my skin type. This is a little thicker than what you would typically think of as a serum. Makes muy skin feel moisturized but not greasy. My only gripe is that you really don't get much product in the packaging although the bottle seems like there will be a decent amount. For $12 I think they could give more product.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

Saw an improvement and make up goes on great. Love this and the price This works like something 5 times the price

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I love this stuff. I have an Asian skincare routine and have recently added E.L.F products to it. This is one of the layers I use for hydrating my skin and it works well. I also highly suggest, for those with dehydrated or dry skin, to use this as a makeup primer. It helps your makeup glide on over it and not be nearly as cakey as it is without this serum. I will use this for as long as they make it.

About reviewer (739 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

from

3 years ago

i love this serum. ive added this to my routine two weeks ago and i definitely see a difference . i can tell this serum will last me longer and is cheaper than others ive tried in the past. will absolutely be repurchasing as long as the formulation dosent change.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I have super greasy, congested skin with cystic acne & redness. It's also really sensitive. I was put on Retin A Micro at night to help with my acne. While it has helped balance out my oil it has left me a little sensitive & dry. I decided to add this in seeing as it doesn't have any active ingredients that could upset my skin. Since it's geared toward hydration I hoped it would help balance out my skin from the Retin A Micro but not cause my easily congested skin to be more clogged. This is a very light weight serum that after just a few minutes sinks in almost invisibly, making my skin so smooth without any redness. My night cream goes on top so smoothly & this really feels like it's helping to further prevent my skin from getting chapped. If you have super dry skin I would say this may not feel nourishing enough but for oily, sensitive skined people who just need to balance out their skin this is perfect. For the low price & the cute packaging you can't go wrong.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3.0

3 years ago

I ordered this from ulta.com a few days ago. I got it yesterday and used it last night. Maybe I should give it more time, but i'm not impressed and am returning it today. My skin fluctuates between oily and dry. Lately it's been dry, not overly dry, but I wanted to add some extra moisture. Especially since the heat has been way up in my house and I ordered a new product that I think may dry my skin some. Anyways last night I washed my face, applied my anti acne product w/ benzyol peroxide, applied this serum and then my olay night cream. This felt a little thicker than a thin serum consistency, but definitely not think cream/moisturizer feel. It comes in a pump and I accidentally pumped 2 times instead of just one. I added this all over my face and my neck. I did feel like it soaked in pretty quickly on the face but not my neck. When I woke up in the middle of the night, I looked in the mirror and felt like my pores looked bigger than usual and there was a weird film on my face. Upon waking up, my skin felt about the same as it does when I use just my olay night cream. I wasn't expecting any miracles but if I feel the same as usual, than I'd rather just return this and get my $12 back. Maybe for really dry skin this would be a good added step with a regular moisturizer but I don't have any dry patches or anything.

About reviewer (179 reviews)

Age19-24