MAC Cosmetics Black Plum Vamplify

2.0

1 review

on 12/8/2016 6:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not a big fan. I have a Vamplify in Tuned in and it is quite nice. I still prefer the Cremeglass or the original Lipglass more, but I can see the appeal for these. Great pigmentation with no sticky feel. But Black Plum was such a disappointment. From the pic on the MAC website, I expected a dark plum shade (reddish toned purple...the swatch online almost looked like it had a touch of brown to it). But once on my lips it just looked "eh". It wasn't as vampy as I wanted and it had this odd pinkish berry undertone. It just looked like a pretty slightly darker version of Rebel. But it wasn't really doing much for my nw20 deep winter complexion. It just kind of sat there.

Then there is the second problem and maybe those with skills don't have my issue. But in my experience, the more slick and slippery the formula (remember Vamplifies are not sticky like the orginal lipglass or thick like a Cremeglass they are closer to the Lorac lipglosses) and the more pigmented the shade, the more I end up looking like the Joker. I just wasn't excited after trying it.

MAJOR UPDATE THOUGH- When I called about returning this, MAC told me that now you can finally return MAC online orders to a free standing MAC Store (not counters yet), but MAC Stores.