L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.3

I was recommended this foundation by many, at a good price i decided to stray from my MAC foundation to this, as an NC15 i brought the shade fair, this was a perfect colour match and i was very pleased with it, however the foundation did look pretty on my cheeks my acneprone forehead did not agree with the formula and it caked around my spots and scars more than most foundations which i was very disappointed in, it also gave me the feeling thst i had a cake on my face, personally i would not buy this preoduct again unless i had perfect skin however then i would not need it .

on 1/29/2018 6:26:00 PM

After spending a couple hours watching YouTube makeup videos, I was inspired to try this foundation.

I first bought this foundation in Porcelain, the second lightest shade, which is usually a good bet for me in other brands. Thank goodness I bought it at CVS so I could return it. Porcelain was terribly dark on me, and very, very yellow--it looked like a medium warm beige.

So, I ordered it in Fair (the lightest shade) from Amazon (it was sold out at my CVS) and it is also too dark (light warm beige) and so yellow, it made me look like I'd had a self-tanner accident, or as if I'd coated my face with iodine. I generally buy a warm-toned foundation to correct for redness, but this is really over-the-top in the amount of yellow tone. I tried a neutral-toned powder over it to try and correct it, but that was completely insufficient to neutralize the intense yellowness. They sell a white mixer to lighten their shades, but I can't see it correcting the intense yellowness, so I give up on this one.

The product smells really weird when it comes out of the pump bottle--kind of like elementary school art supplies. It does fade as the product dries, and the product dried down really quickly and made a firm coating on my skin. I doubt it would shift around the first few hours, but there's no way I'm looking like a disaster long enough to find out. I removed it after about half an hour, and I think it sucked every last bit of oil out of my face.

on 10/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

I actually really love this product. Wasn't expecting much for thr price but I ran out of a bottle and had to go out and get another! I have oily /combination skin and it actually makes me glow. It also has great coverage.

I used to only use high end foundations, as in really high end like YSL, Chantecaille and Armani but I have been dabbling in drugstore and affordable brands and making new discoveries. I really enjoy this foundation. I bought the color fair which isn't fair at all, it almost looks orangey in the bottle. That shade is a good match for my NC25 skin. I did read a prior review that it is an NC20, but I think this foundation is in the middle of NC20 and NC25 simply because NC20 would be too light for me. While it looks slightly orange in the bottle it translates well on my skin. This foundation has a decent amount of coverage and is layerable. It is lightweight and fluid and feels almost imperceptible on the skin. It has a bit of luminosity on my combo/mature skin and doesn't emphasize pores or fine lines. I do set this very lightly with a powder. Generally, powders and I don't mix well but the Photo Focus powder by Wet n Wild doesn't cake or age me and it plays well with this foundation. The lasting power of this foundation is pretty good, even on my oily spots. It also doesn't break me out. I like that they sell a pure white color to mix in their foundation because very fair skin tones will need it. It is an excellent value.