L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.0

on 11/27/2018 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This had decent coverage (medium), but the shade range is God awful. Not to mention that it's extremely cakey looking and clung to every dry patch on my face. Wouldn't recommend this unless you have oily skin.

First time I used this, I put it all over my face for 5 mins just to see how it looked. And I noticed it settled/creased into every tiny little line in my forehead. So I figured I should try mixing this with my LA Girl BB cream, which never creases and is HG. Mixed together, the creasing wasn't noticeable upon initial application. But after a few hours it definitely did crease. It even creased in the line between my brows, which is something I've never experienced before with foundation. And in bright daylight, I also noticed that it emphasised pores, something which is usually not a problem for me. I was also a total oil slick, but I guess that might be my fault for wearing an illuminating foundation whilst knowing I can get really oily in my T zone. I'll probably try it again, mixed with other foundations, or get a different primer. But I wouldn't repurchase. I have other affordable foundations that don't require this much work.

on 2/5/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am so in love with this product ! It is very high coverage so if you don't like high coverage kind of foundation you won't like this one because it shows that you are wearing foundation.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So i thought i'd submit a review for this new LA girl foundation since there isn't too much info available as yet.
I bought this recently because the packaging was awesome and it excited me. Yeah.. impulse buy! Don't know what possessed me to buy an illuminating foundation when i have super oily skin. So anyway, i am somewhere smack in the middle of NC42 - 44. Can lean closer to either way, depending on the season. And the shade i picked was Bronze.

The packaging is a classy plastic bottle that comes with a pump and a cover. Yay for hygiene! The bottle is double-walled, so you can't predict your shade by just looking at it. Please test it before buying! really!

My first attempt scared me a little...it was sooo orange and seemed a bit too dark. And yes, it was super dewy. I set it with Palladio rice powder but i quickly became shiny...a greaseball really. It looked gross as the day went on. Was super bummed as i couldn't return or exchange it since i had bought it during a discounted clearance sale. Not that it was thattt cheap a discount too! But its the wastage that mostly bothers me. Besides i'm pretty sure the shades up and down were too light and too dark respectively.
So anyway, I suffered with orange face through a whole work day, although i must say, it didn't look too bad in natural light.

Second attempt....because i'm not a quitter! I tried it again. This time, i only used a teeny bit of my Benefit porefessional primer to dab on the cheeks where i have some scarring and nowhere else. I applied a lesser amount of the foundation and dabbed with my RT blender. It does spread easily and smoothly and i would say coverage is medium. This time i set it with my Ben Nye Neutral Set powder and the banana powder under the eye.
This took away all the shine and gave it a matte finish that was beautiful. The powder also seemed to correct the orangeness of the foundation. I was actually really pleased with how smooth and flawless my skin looked! I will use it as a day to day foundation until i use up but i probably won't repurchase. Look at the cons for why!

Pros:
- Packaging is great. Looks on par with high end foundations with the exception of plastic instead of glass. Who cares?
-Comes with a pump!
-Will look great on dry-skinned ladies who want a bit of a glow
-Can work for oily skinned ladies with a (very good) mattifying powder
-Easy to blend and doesn't settle into pores
-Applied with the RT sponge, there was no caking or creasing (I can imagine this happening if too much product is used though)
-Gives a beautiful finish if you don't use too much
-Lasts throughout an entire workday and doesn't oxidize.

Cons
-Shades lean a little too orange/red (at least the darker ones)
-Not transfer proof (it even stained the wire of my earphones) - This is a deal breaker for me.
-It has a fairly strong synthetic scent which I hate but it dissipates after application.
-Cannot be used without a good mattifying powder for oily skinned people or you will look like a ball of grease right off the bat.
-Might not work well with primers if you have oily skin