L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.3

Pros:

Decent color selection
Doesn't seem to oxidize
It has a nice dewy finish, so beautiful on the skin
Covers surprisingly well
I love that it has a pump
You can't beat the price

Cons:
Smells a bit weird, definitely has a foundation smell
Makes me so oily throughout the day in my t-zone (but started using phillips milk of magnesia and it's been helping a lot)
It's only sold at Ulta and online

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Mehhhhh I'm on the fence about this one. I may come back to edit my review once I have more time to experience this foundation.

First of all, the color selection is TERRIBLE for pale or light-neutral folks like myself. I'm an NC20 that leans neutral (ie. MAC's NC20 is too yellow for me, while NW20 is too orange). I purchased the lightest shade of LA Girl Pro Coverage, Fair, but it's too dark and yellow for me. The next shade up, Porcelain, is dark and pink.

I AM, however, extremely impressed that there's a huge range of shades available for caramel and chocolate beauties(SIXTEEN shades in total)! So even though this foundation didn't work for me, I'm hoping it will work nicely for others.

This foundation's texture is light, runny, and buildable. If you've got a few discolorations here and there, you will like this. If you have heavy cystic acne like me, you may need a few layers or a heavy concealer.

on 5/25/2018 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this foundation the coverage how flawless it made my skin look when I put it on unfortunately it made me break out so bad I never had a foundation break me out this bad I wish I could keep wearing it my skin isn't acne prone but this has caused so many pimples now my face need treatment

on 3/28/2018 11:19:00 AM

I have this in the shade Fair which matches my NC 25ish skin well. The shade selection is odd in this line tho. Fortunately, I picked a shade that matches my winter shade perfectly when I bought this a few months ago. I have dry, dehydrated skin with a moderately oily t-zone. This foundation is very dewy and skin like. I have to set it with a powder so it doesn't move around. Even with a powder, it still looks fresh and natural. It wears for about 8 hours with powder and a setting spray. This is an affordable win for me. It has earned a place in my collection.

Pros:
Skin-like\dewy
Wears well
Feels light on the skin
Doesn't look like makeup
Decent price
Easy to find
Nice packaging
Medium coverage
Looks nice over texture

Cons:
Shade range

Overall, I definitely recommend this to people with a skin type similar to mine. It's probably not the best for those with very oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try the new matte foundation, but Ulta suggested I try this formula this my skin was a bit too matte according to person working at Ulta.

My holy grail Foundation is EL DW, but heard many good things about this. Nope, this oxidizing so much that I recommend 2 shades lighter. this also made my face burn!

I returned it. i think my hunt for EL DW replacement is over.

I like this. I havnt tried it without the whitener of the same brand yet because I bought the lightest shade and when i put it on my arm it was definatly my mid summer color. It has yellow undertones. It works for my pale olive skin. if you don't use a primer it can settle into fine lines and wrinkles. It lasts awhile. A setting powder and setting spray makes it last even better of course. it is a dewy finish so if you are looking for glow it is definatly good for that. my slight blemishes are covered. It photographs ridiculously beautiful in day light its just incredible. I think because I used the whitener with it there is a little flash back. it's not the worst I've seen though. I'd imagine if i used just a little less whitener and a contour it would look fine with flash. and it does still look "h d" and decent with flash. I say it's excellent as a drugstore foundation for photos and nights out. It's a good "selfie" foundation. I like it better than Revlon Photoready honestly. just be mindful to be sparing if using the whitener. the shade selection is more for tan complexions so I had to take a lippy off. But i do like it and would definitely repurchase.

on 1/22/2018 7:25:00 PM

This is my favourite foundation because it gives you almost-full coverage without looking cakey or too much. Looks like skin and feels lightweight. It stays on for at least 12 hours so that's great. Also, the shade range is pretty decent considering the price, even better than some higher end brands...
Would 100% recommend if you have a normal or dry skin, for oily people I think it woudn't work since its an Illuminating foundation and I dont think it would hold the oils really well...

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is great if you're not looking for much coverage and have dry/normal skin, as it is dewy and very lightweight. I found it hard to add to my favorites because it doesn't do much for me - oily skin with some acne scarring - but it still does a good job when it comes to wear time (it lasted about 3 hours on me before I started to get oily). It does set into the fine lines and wrinkles, and it is very runny for a liquid foundation.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is overhyped. I heard many many good reviews about this product, hence why I decided to give it a try. I live in Canada, so I paid $18 for the foundation... I don't think it does much. i feel like this makes your pores extremely visible and I find it hard to blend and get a decent coverage. It isn't flattering at all. And every shade of this foundation is extremely orange. I am very tan with yellow/olive undertones and couldn't find a good shade match that wasn't orange. I definitely think this was a waste of money and I wouldn't repurchase. The only use i'll get of out this is mixing it with a lighter foundation to even out the orange and get a better coverage.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE! Affordable, great coverage and blends well for my dry skin type.
Possibly one of my favourite drug store foundations!!
I've been using this foundation since January and I use the shade warm beige and i have noticed a slight red undertone but once I've done my concealer it blends in well. Im going to purchase a different shade next time and see how that goes. Anyway I usually only need to use two pumps to achieve a medium coverage. This foundation always gives me a natural silky finish once blended with my beauty blender or sigma flat kabuki f80.