L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.7

on 2/25/2018 9:27:00 PM

So I bought this foundation on a whim, because we usually don't have L.A. Girl in Ireland. I bought the lightest shade AND the lightener, because I'm pale AF and I could see this was gonna be too dark for me. It's a very thin liquid. I don't find it as full coverage as I would like, so I started mixing it with different foundations. I'm more of a matte kinda gal, so the finish of this didn't do it for me. It looks wet. Like straight up wet. I have to powder a metric fuck ton to get it to dry down to a manageable matteness. Its also very very very very yellow toned. Nah actually, it's pure fucking orange. Again though, I use the lightener and throw in a splash of any other foundation I have within arms reach. It lasts a pretty long time though, which is nice. Except for on my nose, but nothing EVER stays put on my nose, so I'm not surprised. I applied it with a damp beauty blender, and found it to blend nicely. Other products seem to sit well on it. I'm not mad at it, I just think it could be better. A few lighter shades and tone down the yellowness,and mattify it a bit and it could be incredible. I don't think I'll repurchase, but I could find an excellent combo of two foundations and stick with it.

It also smells weird.

on 9/8/2017 10:03:00 PM

A solid foundation if you have a drier complexion.

I'm currently taking roaccutane and have found this foundation really great while my skin is dry. Prior to taking roaccutane I was mixing this with a small amount of estee lauder double wear to make the foundation more combination skin type friendly. I love the coverage of this foundation and found fair to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin. It's very yellow toned which works well for me.

For me this lasts all day. My only complaint is that it feels a bit more wet on the skin after powdering than I would like, as though it is going to move. However, I've never had the issue of this foundation rubbing off. If LA girl were to introduce an ingredient/s that made this foundation dry down a bit more it would be amazing.

on 3/31/2017 12:54:00 PM

This is my new favorite drugstore foundation! It has medium to full coverage. It covers my redness and acne scarring with ease. It dries down a little tacky but I always set my foundation with a powder anyways. My favorite thing about this foundation though is it's lasting power. I can wear this for 12+ hours without it fading or looking patchy, which is more than I can say for some pricier foundations out there.

I was a little nervous to try this at first because all the YouTubers commented on how dewy this foundation was. I have combo skin. My nose and undereye can get a bit oily while everywhere else is normal. So I was a little nervous it would be too dewy for me. This is not the case! After I set it with a powder, it actually has a very natural finish. It hardly looks like I'm wearing foundation.

I'm about a NC20 and I use the shade "Fair". I find it to be slightly too dark for my skin tone, but I can make it work by bringing the foundation down my neck.

I am rather fair skinned, but I usually wear the second lightest shade in most foundations. I bought this foundation in the lightest color they had, but it was still too dark for me. Despite this, I wore it around my house for a few hours to see how it wore, and I absolutely loved it! I know this foundation comes in a white color I could use to lighten it, but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of mixing foundation every day. I really, really wish this foundation came in a wider color range (and if it did, it would definitely be 5 stars!), but I think this will be great in the summer time once I get a little bit of a tan.

PROS:
inexpensive
wears well
not cakey
great packaging (with a pump)

CONS:
not a wide variety of shades and no shades for pale skin

Such a great long lasting foundation for combination skin! Looks like your skin but better if you only use 1 pump. Even lasts through a rain for me. Love the low price nad that it has a pump. I have the shade Fair, which is great match for my NC20 skintone, you don't see good affordable foundations with yellow undertones that often. Totally gong to repurchase when I run out of it, my new HG foundation.

on 12/12/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had a really positive experience with this foundation. I got it in Fair, the lightest color (I think). It looked a little too light for me and a touch too yellow when I switched it but turns out it blended beautifully and was the correct color for me. The pump and packaging are terrific. This foundation is very concentrated. I used a lot less of this than I do of some other liquid foundations. Coverage is medium to full and can be built up. The foundation wore wonderfully all day on my moderately dry skin. I applied it to well-moisturized skin, with a dewy primer underneath, which may have helped it not to apply dry-ish. All day long, this foundation looked great on my skin. No crackles, no patches, no fading. I was really happily surprised and definitely recommend this foundation. I wouldn't say it is immensely "illuminating" but it is not drying and it doesn't appear matte, either. It's perhaps a teensy-touch dewy but not at all shiny or super glowy.

Dry skinned folks, give this a try! Use a light hand and see how it goes. Thumbs up from me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this foundation online because of the beauty youtuber hype. I initially noticed the lightest shade (porcelain) was orange based so I ordered their white mixer to make it paler. I have slightly dry acne prone skin.The application itself was okay & almost medium coverage, but I just dislike like the formula/texture. Its too dewy, just floated on the skin, emphasized pores & lines, caked & separated in places, and just looked weird. It creased under my eyes badly even when I didn't use it alone! I couldn't wait to wash it off. I initially noticed my pores were more clogged than usual and then two days later I got several severe cystic acne spots (which I rarely get). Now I know why it was so cheap.