L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.6

on 11/29/2018 12:42:00 AM

Ok so.. the coverage is great! The finish amazing satin and it sets itself! Colour selection is ok ... but worse than that is how my skin reacts to this stuff!! It feels like as soon as I wash it off I find pimples and whiteheads that have literally popped up in the few hours I have had it on! I’d rather have to work on my skincare that load on more foundation to cover blemishes so this is a no from me!

on 2/25/2018 9:27:00 PM

So I bought this foundation on a whim, because we usually don't have L.A. Girl in Ireland. I bought the lightest shade AND the lightener, because I'm pale AF and I could see this was gonna be too dark for me. It's a very thin liquid. I don't find it as full coverage as I would like, so I started mixing it with different foundations. I'm more of a matte kinda gal, so the finish of this didn't do it for me. It looks wet. Like straight up wet. I have to powder a metric fuck ton to get it to dry down to a manageable matteness. Its also very very very very yellow toned. Nah actually, it's pure fucking orange. Again though, I use the lightener and throw in a splash of any other foundation I have within arms reach. It lasts a pretty long time though, which is nice. Except for on my nose, but nothing EVER stays put on my nose, so I'm not surprised. I applied it with a damp beauty blender, and found it to blend nicely. Other products seem to sit well on it. I'm not mad at it, I just think it could be better. A few lighter shades and tone down the yellowness,and mattify it a bit and it could be incredible. I don't think I'll repurchase, but I could find an excellent combo of two foundations and stick with it.

It also smells weird.

on 9/8/2017 10:03:00 PM

A solid foundation if you have a drier complexion.

I'm currently taking roaccutane and have found this foundation really great while my skin is dry. Prior to taking roaccutane I was mixing this with a small amount of estee lauder double wear to make the foundation more combination skin type friendly. I love the coverage of this foundation and found fair to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin. It's very yellow toned which works well for me.

For me this lasts all day. My only complaint is that it feels a bit more wet on the skin after powdering than I would like, as though it is going to move. However, I've never had the issue of this foundation rubbing off. If LA girl were to introduce an ingredient/s that made this foundation dry down a bit more it would be amazing.

on 3/31/2017 12:54:00 PM

This is my new favorite drugstore foundation! It has medium to full coverage. It covers my redness and acne scarring with ease. It dries down a little tacky but I always set my foundation with a powder anyways. My favorite thing about this foundation though is it's lasting power. I can wear this for 12+ hours without it fading or looking patchy, which is more than I can say for some pricier foundations out there.

I was a little nervous to try this at first because all the YouTubers commented on how dewy this foundation was. I have combo skin. My nose and undereye can get a bit oily while everywhere else is normal. So I was a little nervous it would be too dewy for me. This is not the case! After I set it with a powder, it actually has a very natural finish. It hardly looks like I'm wearing foundation.

I'm about a NC20 and I use the shade "Fair". I find it to be slightly too dark for my skin tone, but I can make it work by bringing the foundation down my neck.

I am rather fair skinned, but I usually wear the second lightest shade in most foundations. I bought this foundation in the lightest color they had, but it was still too dark for me. Despite this, I wore it around my house for a few hours to see how it wore, and I absolutely loved it! I know this foundation comes in a white color I could use to lighten it, but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of mixing foundation every day. I really, really wish this foundation came in a wider color range (and if it did, it would definitely be 5 stars!), but I think this will be great in the summer time once I get a little bit of a tan.

PROS:
inexpensive
wears well
not cakey
great packaging (with a pump)

CONS:
not a wide variety of shades and no shades for pale skin

Such a great long lasting foundation for combination skin! Looks like your skin but better if you only use 1 pump. Even lasts through a rain for me. Love the low price nad that it has a pump. I have the shade Fair, which is great match for my NC20 skintone, you don't see good affordable foundations with yellow undertones that often. Totally gong to repurchase when I run out of it, my new HG foundation.

on 12/12/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had a really positive experience with this foundation. I got it in Fair, the lightest color (I think). It looked a little too light for me and a touch too yellow when I switched it but turns out it blended beautifully and was the correct color for me. The pump and packaging are terrific. This foundation is very concentrated. I used a lot less of this than I do of some other liquid foundations. Coverage is medium to full and can be built up. The foundation wore wonderfully all day on my moderately dry skin. I applied it to well-moisturized skin, with a dewy primer underneath, which may have helped it not to apply dry-ish. All day long, this foundation looked great on my skin. No crackles, no patches, no fading. I was really happily surprised and definitely recommend this foundation. I wouldn't say it is immensely "illuminating" but it is not drying and it doesn't appear matte, either. It's perhaps a teensy-touch dewy but not at all shiny or super glowy.

Dry skinned folks, give this a try! Use a light hand and see how it goes. Thumbs up from me.

I bought this foundation online because of the beauty youtuber hype. I initially noticed the lightest shade (porcelain) was orange based so I ordered their white mixer to make it paler. I have slightly dry acne prone skin.The application itself was okay & almost medium coverage, but I just dislike like the formula/texture. Its too dewy, just floated on the skin, emphasized pores & lines, caked & separated in places, and just looked weird. It creased under my eyes badly even when I didn't use it alone! I couldn't wait to wash it off. I initially noticed my pores were more clogged than usual and then two days later I got several severe cystic acne spots (which I rarely get). Now I know why it was so cheap.