L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.3

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Meh. I bought this foundation after seeing youtubers use it.. and also because it looks very similar to MUFE Ultra HD (my holy grail). Its ok. I have the wrong shade, Natural, when really i should've purchased fair but i mix it with the white lightener and it seems to be fine. It looks great when i first apply, somewhat dewy after i have set it with powder and full coverage, it looks wonderful. Then, as the day goes on... after about 4 hours (not even that long at all) it really settles into my smile lines, it doesn't crease under my eyes or anywhere else but my small lines always look awful. I've tried baking, using different powders, setting sprays etc. it just doesn't help. Considering i usually use MUFE, i was quite disappointed as that foundation NEVER settles into my lines. Overall, its an OK foundation with GREAT coverage, a little bit definitely goes a long way. i don't think it smells bad compared to what other reviewers have said... it doesn't look natural but i suppose its not meant to considering its such full coverage. I am going to keep trying it and repurchase in a lighter shade but it will definitely not replace my MUFE.

on 2/5/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am so in love with this product ! It is very high coverage so if you don't like high coverage kind of foundation you won't like this one because it shows that you are wearing foundation.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really really really wanted to like this foundation, the claims of a fuller coverage with an illuminating finish (for a drugstore price) sounded like a dream come true for my extremely dry skin.

Pros:

- Good coverage, I would say medium-full (leaning more towards full)
- Packaging is amazing, it's sleek and the pump dispenses the perfect amount of product
- Affordable

Cons:

- Not long wearing, within a few hours the foundation had separated badly on my forehead, chin and around my nose
- Horrible for dry skin, this emphasized every dry patch of skin on my face. The longer I had it on the more flaky and crusty it started to look
- Smell was awful, very synthetic and plastic-y
- This did not have the "illuminating" effect that it claims, with a light dusting of translucent powder it settled to more of a demi-matte finish than the dewy/glowly/healthy finish I was hoping for
- Not good for sensitive skin, this made me break out and my skin felt irritated within minutes of putting it on

Overall this foundation just looked cakey and unflattering on my dry skin. It caused me to break out and irritated my sensitive skin. I could see this possibly working for someone with a different skin type but for me it's a no-go.