L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.4

on 9/8/2017 10:03:00 PM

A solid foundation if you have a drier complexion.

I'm currently taking roaccutane and have found this foundation really great while my skin is dry. Prior to taking roaccutane I was mixing this with a small amount of estee lauder double wear to make the foundation more combination skin type friendly. I love the coverage of this foundation and found fair to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin. It's very yellow toned which works well for me.

For me this lasts all day. My only complaint is that it feels a bit more wet on the skin after powdering than I would like, as though it is going to move. However, I've never had the issue of this foundation rubbing off. If LA girl were to introduce an ingredient/s that made this foundation dry down a bit more it would be amazing.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NO..just no. I have dry and dehydrated skin and this foundation CREATED and ENHANCED flakes on my face even with heavy moisturizers under. After 5 hours of wear, it also managed to make some parts of my skin oily on top of making some parts HELLA flaky. I was an oily cakey mess. It looked like I was wearing a HEAVY mask. EW. I'd run far from this if you have skin type like mine. Actually, I don't see how it would be good for oily skin either as it doesn't control oil either. The coverage is good though.

Such a great long lasting foundation for combination skin! Looks like your skin but better if you only use 1 pump. Even lasts through a rain for me. Love the low price nad that it has a pump. I have the shade Fair, which is great match for my NC20 skintone, you don't see good affordable foundations with yellow undertones that often. Totally gong to repurchase when I run out of it, my new HG foundation.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really really really wanted to like this foundation, the claims of a fuller coverage with an illuminating finish (for a drugstore price) sounded like a dream come true for my extremely dry skin.

Pros:

- Good coverage, I would say medium-full (leaning more towards full)
- Packaging is amazing, it's sleek and the pump dispenses the perfect amount of product
- Affordable

Cons:

- Not long wearing, within a few hours the foundation had separated badly on my forehead, chin and around my nose
- Horrible for dry skin, this emphasized every dry patch of skin on my face. The longer I had it on the more flaky and crusty it started to look
- Smell was awful, very synthetic and plastic-y
- This did not have the "illuminating" effect that it claims, with a light dusting of translucent powder it settled to more of a demi-matte finish than the dewy/glowly/healthy finish I was hoping for
- Not good for sensitive skin, this made me break out and my skin felt irritated within minutes of putting it on

Overall this foundation just looked cakey and unflattering on my dry skin. It caused me to break out and irritated my sensitive skin. I could see this possibly working for someone with a different skin type but for me it's a no-go.

on 12/12/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had a really positive experience with this foundation. I got it in Fair, the lightest color (I think). It looked a little too light for me and a touch too yellow when I switched it but turns out it blended beautifully and was the correct color for me. The pump and packaging are terrific. This foundation is very concentrated. I used a lot less of this than I do of some other liquid foundations. Coverage is medium to full and can be built up. The foundation wore wonderfully all day on my moderately dry skin. I applied it to well-moisturized skin, with a dewy primer underneath, which may have helped it not to apply dry-ish. All day long, this foundation looked great on my skin. No crackles, no patches, no fading. I was really happily surprised and definitely recommend this foundation. I wouldn't say it is immensely "illuminating" but it is not drying and it doesn't appear matte, either. It's perhaps a teensy-touch dewy but not at all shiny or super glowy.

Dry skinned folks, give this a try! Use a light hand and see how it goes. Thumbs up from me.