L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Mehhhhh I'm on the fence about this one. I may come back to edit my review once I have more time to experience this foundation.

First of all, the color selection is TERRIBLE for pale or light-neutral folks like myself. I'm an NC20 that leans neutral (ie. MAC's NC20 is too yellow for me, while NW20 is too pink). I purchased the lightest shade of LA Girl Pro Coverage, Fair, but it's too dark and yellow for me. The next shade up, Porcelain, is dark and pink.

I AM, however, extremely impressed that there's a huge range of shades available for caramel and chocolate beauties(SIXTEEN shades in total)! So even though this foundation didn't work for me, I'm hoping it will work nicely for others.

This foundation's texture is light, runny, and buildable. If you've got a few discolorations here and there, you will like this. If you have heavy cystic acne like me, you may need a few layers or a heavy concealer.

I was recommended this foundation by many, at a good price i decided to stray from my MAC foundation to this, as an NC15 i brought the shade fair, this was a perfect colour match and i was very pleased with it, however the foundation did look pretty on my cheeks my acneprone forehead did not agree with the formula and it caked around my spots and scars more than most foundations which i was very disappointed in, it also gave me the feeling thst i had a cake on my face, personally i would not buy this preoduct again unless i had perfect skin however then i would not need it .

on 3/28/2018 11:19:00 AM

I have this in the shade Fair which matches my NC 25ish skin well. The shade selection is odd in this line tho. Fortunately, I picked a shade that matches my winter shade perfectly when I bought this a few months ago. I have dry, dehydrated skin with a moderately oily t-zone. This foundation is very dewy and skin like. I have to set it with a powder so it doesn't move around. Even with a powder, it still looks fresh and natural. It wears for about 8 hours with powder and a setting spray. This is an affordable win for me. It has earned a place in my collection.

Pros:
Skin-like\dewy
Wears well
Feels light on the skin
Doesn't look like makeup
Decent price
Easy to find
Nice packaging
Medium coverage
Looks nice over texture

Cons:
Shade range

Overall, I definitely recommend this to people with a skin type similar to mine. It's probably not the best for those with very oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try the new matte foundation, but Ulta suggested I try this formula this my skin was a bit too matte according to person working at Ulta.

My holy grail Foundation is EL DW, but heard many good things about this. Nope, this oxidizing so much that I recommend 2 shades lighter. this also made my face burn!

I returned it. i think my hunt for EL DW replacement is over.

I like this. I havnt tried it without the whitener of the same brand yet because I bought the lightest shade and when i put it on my arm it was definatly my mid summer color. It has yellow undertones. It works for my pale olive skin. if you don't use a primer it can settle into fine lines and wrinkles. It lasts awhile. A setting powder and setting spray makes it last even better of course. it is a dewy finish so if you are looking for glow it is definatly good for that. my slight blemishes are covered. It photographs ridiculously beautiful in day light its just incredible. I think because I used the whitener with it there is a little flash back. it's not the worst I've seen though. I'd imagine if i used just a little less whitener and a contour it would look fine with flash. and it does still look "h d" and decent with flash. I say it's excellent as a drugstore foundation for photos and nights out. It's a good "selfie" foundation. I like it better than Revlon Photoready honestly. just be mindful to be sparing if using the whitener. the shade selection is more for tan complexions so I had to take a lippy off. But i do like it and would definitely repurchase.

on 1/22/2018 7:25:00 PM

This is my favourite foundation because it gives you almost-full coverage without looking cakey or too much. Looks like skin and feels lightweight. It stays on for at least 12 hours so that's great. Also, the shade range is pretty decent considering the price, even better than some higher end brands...
Would 100% recommend if you have a normal or dry skin, for oily people I think it woudn't work since its an Illuminating foundation and I dont think it would hold the oils really well...

on 10/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

I actually really love this product. Wasn't expecting much for thr price but I ran out of a bottle and had to go out and get another! I have oily /combination skin and it actually makes me glow. It also has great coverage.

on 9/8/2017 10:03:00 PM

A solid foundation if you have a drier complexion.

I'm currently taking roaccutane and have found this foundation really great while my skin is dry. Prior to taking roaccutane I was mixing this with a small amount of estee lauder double wear to make the foundation more combination skin type friendly. I love the coverage of this foundation and found fair to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin. It's very yellow toned which works well for me.

For me this lasts all day. My only complaint is that it feels a bit more wet on the skin after powdering than I would like, as though it is going to move. However, I've never had the issue of this foundation rubbing off. If LA girl were to introduce an ingredient/s that made this foundation dry down a bit more it would be amazing.

on 7/2/2017 11:47:00 PM

I usually like to give a foundation more of a try than this, but after wearing it twice I'm just going to go ahead and say I don't like it. I usually use the elf acne fighting for daily work wear but wanted to try something new. Ever since I've been having skin problems the last year or so I've become obsessed with trying new foundations. I got this on ulta's website in the color beige. I think I paid $8.99, not bad. They didn't have a lot of colors but I looked up swatches and beige looked like it would be a great match for me. I first tried this on Friday. Holy ORANGE. This stuff doesn't look orange until I'm putting it on my face. And dark. I always pull my foundation down my neck a little bit, but with this I literally have to cover my entire neck in it to match my face. Even if I got more of a tan than I already have I think it would be too dark. I still applied it and figured it would tone down with powder. It smells weird, I don't usually get sensitive to smells but this smelled kind of like paint. Like the photo focus by wnw everyone was saying, which I also didn't like. That smell didn't really bother me on that one though. Anyways so I applied this with the real techniques sponge and it looked ok at first. I don't set my foundation right away when I'm doing my makeup and by the time I went to, it was seeping Into my pores and acne scars and also accentuated a dry spot by my nose I didn't even know I had. It is also a pretty Dewey finish but mattified once powder was on. I used Coty airspun applied with my sponge. It was just alright, nothing special. Today I used it again, with a brush and my pressed photofocus powder to set. It was a little better with this application but I prefer to apply w/ a sponge and don't want to be limited on which powder I can wear on top. My skin looks ok but not amazing. I'm also 99% sure this is making me break out because yesterday(didn't wear yesterday) I woke up with 2-3 pimples and I feel like they're worse today after I put it on again. The pimples hurt, too. Yeah it's cheap and it's OK, I may even like another color better but all of the hassle to make it look good just because it's cheap isn't worth it. Way too many other things out there, I'd rather take this back and try, like the catrice hd one or the one from Kokie. Taking back and wouldn't repurchase. Disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NO..just no. I have dry and dehydrated skin and this foundation CREATED and ENHANCED flakes on my face even with heavy moisturizers under. After 5 hours of wear, it also managed to make some parts of my skin oily on top of making some parts HELLA flaky. I was an oily cakey mess. It looked like I was wearing a HEAVY mask. EW. I'd run far from this if you have skin type like mine. Actually, I don't see how it would be good for oily skin either as it doesn't control oil either. The coverage is good though.