L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.8

on 10/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

I actually really love this product. Wasn't expecting much for thr price but I ran out of a bottle and had to go out and get another! I have oily /combination skin and it actually makes me glow. It also has great coverage.

on 9/8/2017 10:03:00 PM

A solid foundation if you have a drier complexion.

I'm currently taking roaccutane and have found this foundation really great while my skin is dry. Prior to taking roaccutane I was mixing this with a small amount of estee lauder double wear to make the foundation more combination skin type friendly. I love the coverage of this foundation and found fair to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin. It's very yellow toned which works well for me.

For me this lasts all day. My only complaint is that it feels a bit more wet on the skin after powdering than I would like, as though it is going to move. However, I've never had the issue of this foundation rubbing off. If LA girl were to introduce an ingredient/s that made this foundation dry down a bit more it would be amazing.

on 7/2/2017 11:47:00 PM

I usually like to give a foundation more of a try than this, but after wearing it twice I'm just going to go ahead and say I don't like it. I usually use the elf acne fighting for daily work wear but wanted to try something new. Ever since I've been having skin problems the last year or so I've become obsessed with trying new foundations. I got this on ulta's website in the color beige. I think I paid $8.99, not bad. They didn't have a lot of colors but I looked up swatches and beige looked like it would be a great match for me. I first tried this on Friday. Holy ORANGE. This stuff doesn't look orange until I'm putting it on my face. And dark. I always pull my foundation down my neck a little bit, but with this I literally have to cover my entire neck in it to match my face. Even if I got more of a tan than I already have I think it would be too dark. I still applied it and figured it would tone down with powder. It smells weird, I don't usually get sensitive to smells but this smelled kind of like paint. Like the photo focus by wnw everyone was saying, which I also didn't like. That smell didn't really bother me on that one though. Anyways so I applied this with the real techniques sponge and it looked ok at first. I don't set my foundation right away when I'm doing my makeup and by the time I went to, it was seeping Into my pores and acne scars and also accentuated a dry spot by my nose I didn't even know I had. It is also a pretty Dewey finish but mattified once powder was on. I used Coty airspun applied with my sponge. It was just alright, nothing special. Today I used it again, with a brush and my pressed photofocus powder to set. It was a little better with this application but I prefer to apply w/ a sponge and don't want to be limited on which powder I can wear on top. My skin looks ok but not amazing. I'm also 99% sure this is making me break out because yesterday(didn't wear yesterday) I woke up with 2-3 pimples and I feel like they're worse today after I put it on again. The pimples hurt, too. Yeah it's cheap and it's OK, I may even like another color better but all of the hassle to make it look good just because it's cheap isn't worth it. Way too many other things out there, I'd rather take this back and try, like the catrice hd one or the one from Kokie. Taking back and wouldn't repurchase. Disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NO..just no. I have dry and dehydrated skin and this foundation CREATED and ENHANCED flakes on my face even with heavy moisturizers under. After 5 hours of wear, it also managed to make some parts of my skin oily on top of making some parts HELLA flaky. I was an oily cakey mess. It looked like I was wearing a HEAVY mask. EW. I'd run far from this if you have skin type like mine. Actually, I don't see how it would be good for oily skin either as it doesn't control oil either. The coverage is good though.

Such a great long lasting foundation for combination skin! Looks like your skin but better if you only use 1 pump. Even lasts through a rain for me. Love the low price nad that it has a pump. I have the shade Fair, which is great match for my NC20 skintone, you don't see good affordable foundations with yellow undertones that often. Totally gong to repurchase when I run out of it, my new HG foundation.

on 1/29/2017 1:47:00 AM

I bought this product because Tati and Lustrelux's opinion about it were good. Also, because it seemed interesting. So, I checked online to see what my shade was and thankfully, there were swatches on it and I believe both Tati and Lustrelux mentioned that the shade Fair would fit people who are of the shade NC20 in MAC. Now, for the review:

Pros:
- has a very sleek packaging, and doesn't look as cheap as other drugstore foundations
- comes in a pump
- comes in 16 shades
- blendability is amazing
- has a medium to full coverage, as it says on the packaging, which allows you add layers
- lasts all day on the skin (granted that you set it in powder and apply some setting spray)
- looks like skin

Cons:
- dries a bit slower than most foundations
- transfers quite a bit even after setting
- became itchy in a few areas on my face (but I didn't really mind it)
- kind of creased around the nose

All in all, I think this is a good foundation, despite all the cons and I definitely would recommend this foundation for anyone who has dry to combination skin. I don't recommend this to anyone who has oily skin since it would most probably make you look like a grease-ball. Also, it's good to bring blotting paper and/or powder around with you in case you use this foundation to prevent from looking too oily.

I don't understand the negative reviews this foundation is getting.

First off, this is an amazing foundation for normal-dry skin. I would say it has a very high end finish to it that is comparable to GA Luminous Silk but better.

I have an NC20 -25 shade and I find that the shade 'Fair' suits me quite well. It is so blendable and it doesn't set quite fast so you can take your time buffing this on your skin. I have only used my beauty blender for the application.

It has a luminous glow but not extremely dewy on my dry skin. I would normally set this powder and the lasting power is quite good 8+ hours.

I believe a great makeup application starts with a good skin care. This is a must have and I ordered another one as a back-up!

A worthy investment!

on 12/12/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had a really positive experience with this foundation. I got it in Fair, the lightest color (I think). It looked a little too light for me and a touch too yellow when I switched it but turns out it blended beautifully and was the correct color for me. The pump and packaging are terrific. This foundation is very concentrated. I used a lot less of this than I do of some other liquid foundations. Coverage is medium to full and can be built up. The foundation wore wonderfully all day on my moderately dry skin. I applied it to well-moisturized skin, with a dewy primer underneath, which may have helped it not to apply dry-ish. All day long, this foundation looked great on my skin. No crackles, no patches, no fading. I was really happily surprised and definitely recommend this foundation. I wouldn't say it is immensely "illuminating" but it is not drying and it doesn't appear matte, either. It's perhaps a teensy-touch dewy but not at all shiny or super glowy.

Dry skinned folks, give this a try! Use a light hand and see how it goes. Thumbs up from me.