L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

2.5

Price: $

Price: $

This is an affordable foundation with a nice dewy finish. It did not aggravate my eczema. Unfortunately, it is not particularly long-wearing and has a very watery consistency. I guess you get what you pay for. Still, if you are strapped for cash, this is an option that is well worth considering.

on 1/29/2018 6:26:00 PM

After spending a couple hours watching YouTube makeup videos, I was inspired to try this foundation.

I first bought this foundation in Porcelain, the second lightest shade, which is usually a good bet for me in other brands. Thank goodness I bought it at CVS so I could return it. Porcelain was terribly dark on me, and very, very yellow--it looked like a medium warm beige.

So, I ordered it in Fair (the lightest shade) from Amazon (it was sold out at my CVS) and it is also too dark (light warm beige) and so yellow, it made me look like I'd had a self-tanner accident, or as if I'd coated my face with iodine. I generally buy a warm-toned foundation to correct for redness, but this is really over-the-top in the amount of yellow tone. I tried a neutral-toned powder over it to try and correct it, but that was completely insufficient to neutralize the intense yellowness. They sell a white mixer to lighten their shades, but I can't see it correcting the intense yellowness, so I give up on this one.

The product smells really weird when it comes out of the pump bottle--kind of like elementary school art supplies. It does fade as the product dries, and the product dried down really quickly and made a firm coating on my skin. I doubt it would shift around the first few hours, but there's no way I'm looking like a disaster long enough to find out. I removed it after about half an hour, and I think it sucked every last bit of oil out of my face.