L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.9

on 11/27/2018 3:39:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This had decent coverage (medium), but the shade range is God awful. Not to mention that it's extremely cakey looking and clung to every dry patch on my face. Wouldn't recommend this unless you have oily skin.

on 5/25/2018 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this foundation the coverage how flawless it made my skin look when I put it on unfortunately it made me break out so bad I never had a foundation break me out this bad I wish I could keep wearing it my skin isn't acne prone but this has caused so many pimples now my face need treatment

on 3/28/2018 11:19:00 AM

I have this in the shade Fair which matches my NC 25ish skin well. The shade selection is odd in this line tho. Fortunately, I picked a shade that matches my winter shade perfectly when I bought this a few months ago. I have dry, dehydrated skin with a moderately oily t-zone. This foundation is very dewy and skin like. I have to set it with a powder so it doesn't move around. Even with a powder, it still looks fresh and natural. It wears for about 8 hours with powder and a setting spray. This is an affordable win for me. It has earned a place in my collection.

Pros:
Skin-like\dewy
Wears well
Feels light on the skin
Doesn't look like makeup
Decent price
Easy to find
Nice packaging
Medium coverage
Looks nice over texture

Cons:
Shade range

Overall, I definitely recommend this to people with a skin type similar to mine. It's probably not the best for those with very oily skin.

I like this. I havnt tried it without the whitener of the same brand yet because I bought the lightest shade and when i put it on my arm it was definatly my mid summer color. It has yellow undertones. It works for my pale olive skin. if you don't use a primer it can settle into fine lines and wrinkles. It lasts awhile. A setting powder and setting spray makes it last even better of course. it is a dewy finish so if you are looking for glow it is definatly good for that. my slight blemishes are covered. It photographs ridiculously beautiful in day light its just incredible. I think because I used the whitener with it there is a little flash back. it's not the worst I've seen though. I'd imagine if i used just a little less whitener and a contour it would look fine with flash. and it does still look "h d" and decent with flash. I say it's excellent as a drugstore foundation for photos and nights out. It's a good "selfie" foundation. I like it better than Revlon Photoready honestly. just be mindful to be sparing if using the whitener. the shade selection is more for tan complexions so I had to take a lippy off. But i do like it and would definitely repurchase.

on 2/25/2018 9:27:00 PM

So I bought this foundation on a whim, because we usually don't have L.A. Girl in Ireland. I bought the lightest shade AND the lightener, because I'm pale AF and I could see this was gonna be too dark for me. It's a very thin liquid. I don't find it as full coverage as I would like, so I started mixing it with different foundations. I'm more of a matte kinda gal, so the finish of this didn't do it for me. It looks wet. Like straight up wet. I have to powder a metric fuck ton to get it to dry down to a manageable matteness. Its also very very very very yellow toned. Nah actually, it's pure fucking orange. Again though, I use the lightener and throw in a splash of any other foundation I have within arms reach. It lasts a pretty long time though, which is nice. Except for on my nose, but nothing EVER stays put on my nose, so I'm not surprised. I applied it with a damp beauty blender, and found it to blend nicely. Other products seem to sit well on it. I'm not mad at it, I just think it could be better. A few lighter shades and tone down the yellowness,and mattify it a bit and it could be incredible. I don't think I'll repurchase, but I could find an excellent combo of two foundations and stick with it.

It also smells weird.

on 1/22/2018 7:25:00 PM

This is my favourite foundation because it gives you almost-full coverage without looking cakey or too much. Looks like skin and feels lightweight. It stays on for at least 12 hours so that's great. Also, the shade range is pretty decent considering the price, even better than some higher end brands...
Would 100% recommend if you have a normal or dry skin, for oily people I think it woudn't work since its an Illuminating foundation and I dont think it would hold the oils really well...

First time I used this, I put it all over my face for 5 mins just to see how it looked. And I noticed it settled/creased into every tiny little line in my forehead. So I figured I should try mixing this with my LA Girl BB cream, which never creases and is HG. Mixed together, the creasing wasn't noticeable upon initial application. But after a few hours it definitely did crease. It even creased in the line between my brows, which is something I've never experienced before with foundation. And in bright daylight, I also noticed that it emphasised pores, something which is usually not a problem for me. I was also a total oil slick, but I guess that might be my fault for wearing an illuminating foundation whilst knowing I can get really oily in my T zone. I'll probably try it again, mixed with other foundations, or get a different primer. But I wouldn't repurchase. I have other affordable foundations that don't require this much work.

on 10/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

I actually really love this product. Wasn't expecting much for thr price but I ran out of a bottle and had to go out and get another! I have oily /combination skin and it actually makes me glow. It also has great coverage.

on 9/8/2017 10:03:00 PM

A solid foundation if you have a drier complexion.

I'm currently taking roaccutane and have found this foundation really great while my skin is dry. Prior to taking roaccutane I was mixing this with a small amount of estee lauder double wear to make the foundation more combination skin type friendly. I love the coverage of this foundation and found fair to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin. It's very yellow toned which works well for me.

For me this lasts all day. My only complaint is that it feels a bit more wet on the skin after powdering than I would like, as though it is going to move. However, I've never had the issue of this foundation rubbing off. If LA girl were to introduce an ingredient/s that made this foundation dry down a bit more it would be amazing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE! Affordable, great coverage and blends well for my dry skin type.
Possibly one of my favourite drug store foundations!!
I've been using this foundation since January and I use the shade warm beige and i have noticed a slight red undertone but once I've done my concealer it blends in well. Im going to purchase a different shade next time and see how that goes. Anyway I usually only need to use two pumps to achieve a medium coverage. This foundation always gives me a natural silky finish once blended with my beauty blender or sigma flat kabuki f80.