L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

2.2

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is overhyped. I heard many many good reviews about this product, hence why I decided to give it a try. I live in Canada, so I paid $18 for the foundation... I don't think it does much. i feel like this makes your pores extremely visible and I find it hard to blend and get a decent coverage. It isn't flattering at all. And every shade of this foundation is extremely orange. I am very tan with yellow/olive undertones and couldn't find a good shade match that wasn't orange. I definitely think this was a waste of money and I wouldn't repurchase. The only use i'll get of out this is mixing it with a lighter foundation to even out the orange and get a better coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NO..just no. I have dry and dehydrated skin and this foundation CREATED and ENHANCED flakes on my face even with heavy moisturizers under. After 5 hours of wear, it also managed to make some parts of my skin oily on top of making some parts HELLA flaky. I was an oily cakey mess. It looked like I was wearing a HEAVY mask. EW. I'd run far from this if you have skin type like mine. Actually, I don't see how it would be good for oily skin either as it doesn't control oil either. The coverage is good though.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Meh. I bought this foundation after seeing youtubers use it.. and also because it looks very similar to MUFE Ultra HD (my holy grail). Its ok. I have the wrong shade, Natural, when really i should've purchased fair but i mix it with the white lightener and it seems to be fine. It looks great when i first apply, somewhat dewy after i have set it with powder and full coverage, it looks wonderful. Then, as the day goes on... after about 4 hours (not even that long at all) it really settles into my smile lines, it doesn't crease under my eyes or anywhere else but my small lines always look awful. I've tried baking, using different powders, setting sprays etc. it just doesn't help. Considering i usually use MUFE, i was quite disappointed as that foundation NEVER settles into my lines. Overall, its an OK foundation with GREAT coverage, a little bit definitely goes a long way. i don't think it smells bad compared to what other reviewers have said... it doesn't look natural but i suppose its not meant to considering its such full coverage. I am going to keep trying it and repurchase in a lighter shade but it will definitely not replace my MUFE.

on 12/12/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had a really positive experience with this foundation. I got it in Fair, the lightest color (I think). It looked a little too light for me and a touch too yellow when I switched it but turns out it blended beautifully and was the correct color for me. The pump and packaging are terrific. This foundation is very concentrated. I used a lot less of this than I do of some other liquid foundations. Coverage is medium to full and can be built up. The foundation wore wonderfully all day on my moderately dry skin. I applied it to well-moisturized skin, with a dewy primer underneath, which may have helped it not to apply dry-ish. All day long, this foundation looked great on my skin. No crackles, no patches, no fading. I was really happily surprised and definitely recommend this foundation. I wouldn't say it is immensely "illuminating" but it is not drying and it doesn't appear matte, either. It's perhaps a teensy-touch dewy but not at all shiny or super glowy.

Dry skinned folks, give this a try! Use a light hand and see how it goes. Thumbs up from me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this foundation online because of the beauty youtuber hype. I initially noticed the lightest shade (porcelain) was orange based so I ordered their white mixer to make it paler. I have slightly dry acne prone skin.The application itself was okay & almost medium coverage, but I just dislike like the formula/texture. Its too dewy, just floated on the skin, emphasized pores & lines, caked & separated in places, and just looked weird. It creased under my eyes badly even when I didn't use it alone! I couldn't wait to wash it off. I initially noticed my pores were more clogged than usual and then two days later I got several severe cystic acne spots (which I rarely get). Now I know why it was so cheap.