L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.4

Pros:

Decent color selection
Doesn't seem to oxidize
It has a nice dewy finish, so beautiful on the skin
Covers surprisingly well
I love that it has a pump
You can't beat the price

Cons:
Smells a bit weird, definitely has a foundation smell
Makes me so oily throughout the day in my t-zone (but started using phillips milk of magnesia and it's been helping a lot)
It's only sold at Ulta and online

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Mehhhhh I'm on the fence about this one. I may come back to edit my review once I have more time to experience this foundation.

First of all, the color selection is TERRIBLE for pale or light-neutral folks like myself. I'm an NC20 that leans neutral (ie. MAC's NC20 is too yellow for me, while NW20 is too pink). I purchased the lightest shade of LA Girl Pro Coverage, Fair, but it's too dark and yellow for me. The next shade up, Porcelain, is dark and pink.

I AM, however, extremely impressed that there's a huge range of shades available for caramel and chocolate beauties(SIXTEEN shades in total)! So even though this foundation didn't work for me, I'm hoping it will work nicely for others.

This foundation's texture is light, runny, and buildable. If you've got a few discolorations here and there, you will like this. If you have heavy cystic acne like me, you may need a few layers or a heavy concealer.

on 5/25/2018 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I love this foundation the coverage how flawless it made my skin look when I put it on unfortunately it made me break out so bad I never had a foundation break me out this bad I wish I could keep wearing it my skin isn't acne prone but this has caused so many pimples now my face need treatment

I was recommended this foundation by many, at a good price i decided to stray from my MAC foundation to this, as an NC15 i brought the shade fair, this was a perfect colour match and i was very pleased with it, however the foundation did look pretty on my cheeks my acneprone forehead did not agree with the formula and it caked around my spots and scars more than most foundations which i was very disappointed in, it also gave me the feeling thst i had a cake on my face, personally i would not buy this preoduct again unless i had perfect skin however then i would not need it .

on 5/3/2018 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this foundation in the shade White - Lightener and it's so useful. I can't really comment on how the foundation performs by itself because I always use it mixed with others, but I'm so happy I bought this. I have very fair skin and shades that match me aren't sold where I live, so this product is a lifesaver. It didn't alter the consistency or performance of any foundation I mixed it with. I will definitely repurchase this.

I absolutely love this foundation! I have dry/oily combination skin, and this foundation does not cling to dry patches at all and seems to melt into the skin. I also really enjoy the dewy finish it gives. However, I do think that setting powder is a must when wearing this foundation to help keep everything in place and avoid looking super oily after a few hours.

This is an affordable foundation with a nice dewy finish. It did not aggravate my eczema. Unfortunately, it is not particularly long-wearing and has a very watery consistency. I guess you get what you pay for. Still, if you are strapped for cash, this is an option that is well worth considering.

on 3/28/2018 11:19:00 AM

I have this in the shade Fair which matches my NC 25ish skin well. The shade selection is odd in this line tho. Fortunately, I picked a shade that matches my winter shade perfectly when I bought this a few months ago. I have dry, dehydrated skin with a moderately oily t-zone. This foundation is very dewy and skin like. I have to set it with a powder so it doesn't move around. Even with a powder, it still looks fresh and natural. It wears for about 8 hours with powder and a setting spray. This is an affordable win for me. It has earned a place in my collection.

Pros:
Skin-like\dewy
Wears well
Feels light on the skin
Doesn't look like makeup
Decent price
Easy to find
Nice packaging
Medium coverage
Looks nice over texture

Cons:
Shade range

Overall, I definitely recommend this to people with a skin type similar to mine. It's probably not the best for those with very oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try the new matte foundation, but Ulta suggested I try this formula this my skin was a bit too matte according to person working at Ulta.

My holy grail Foundation is EL DW, but heard many good things about this. Nope, this oxidizing so much that I recommend 2 shades lighter. this also made my face burn!

I returned it. i think my hunt for EL DW replacement is over.

I like this. I havnt tried it without the whitener of the same brand yet because I bought the lightest shade and when i put it on my arm it was definatly my mid summer color. It has yellow undertones. It works for my pale olive skin. if you don't use a primer it can settle into fine lines and wrinkles. It lasts awhile. A setting powder and setting spray makes it last even better of course. it is a dewy finish so if you are looking for glow it is definatly good for that. my slight blemishes are covered. It photographs ridiculously beautiful in day light its just incredible. I think because I used the whitener with it there is a little flash back. it's not the worst I've seen though. I'd imagine if i used just a little less whitener and a contour it would look fine with flash. and it does still look "h d" and decent with flash. I say it's excellent as a drugstore foundation for photos and nights out. It's a good "selfie" foundation. I like it better than Revlon Photoready honestly. just be mindful to be sparing if using the whitener. the shade selection is more for tan complexions so I had to take a lippy off. But i do like it and would definitely repurchase.