L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.5

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE! Affordable, great coverage and blends well for my dry skin type.
Possibly one of my favourite drug store foundations!!
I've been using this foundation since January and I use the shade warm beige and i have noticed a slight red undertone but once I've done my concealer it blends in well. Im going to purchase a different shade next time and see how that goes. Anyway I usually only need to use two pumps to achieve a medium coverage. This foundation always gives me a natural silky finish once blended with my beauty blender or sigma flat kabuki f80.

on 3/31/2017 12:54:00 PM

This is my new favorite drugstore foundation! It has medium to full coverage. It covers my redness and acne scarring with ease. It dries down a little tacky but I always set my foundation with a powder anyways. My favorite thing about this foundation though is it's lasting power. I can wear this for 12+ hours without it fading or looking patchy, which is more than I can say for some pricier foundations out there.

I was a little nervous to try this at first because all the YouTubers commented on how dewy this foundation was. I have combo skin. My nose and undereye can get a bit oily while everywhere else is normal. So I was a little nervous it would be too dewy for me. This is not the case! After I set it with a powder, it actually has a very natural finish. It hardly looks like I'm wearing foundation.

I'm about a NC20 and I use the shade "Fair". I find it to be slightly too dark for my skin tone, but I can make it work by bringing the foundation down my neck.

I used to only use high end foundations, as in really high end like YSL, Chantecaille and Armani but I have been dabbling in drugstore and affordable brands and making new discoveries. I really enjoy this foundation. I bought the color fair which isn't fair at all, it almost looks orangey in the bottle. That shade is a good match for my NC25 skin. I did read a prior review that it is an NC20, but I think this foundation is in the middle of NC20 and NC25 simply because NC20 would be too light for me. While it looks slightly orange in the bottle it translates well on my skin. This foundation has a decent amount of coverage and is layerable. It is lightweight and fluid and feels almost imperceptible on the skin. It has a bit of luminosity on my combo/mature skin and doesn't emphasize pores or fine lines. I do set this very lightly with a powder. Generally, powders and I don't mix well but the Photo Focus powder by Wet n Wild doesn't cake or age me and it plays well with this foundation. The lasting power of this foundation is pretty good, even on my oily spots. It also doesn't break me out. I like that they sell a pure white color to mix in their foundation because very fair skin tones will need it. It is an excellent value.

on 2/5/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am so in love with this product ! It is very high coverage so if you don't like high coverage kind of foundation you won't like this one because it shows that you are wearing foundation.

Such a great long lasting foundation for combination skin! Looks like your skin but better if you only use 1 pump. Even lasts through a rain for me. Love the low price nad that it has a pump. I have the shade Fair, which is great match for my NC20 skintone, you don't see good affordable foundations with yellow undertones that often. Totally gong to repurchase when I run out of it, my new HG foundation.

I don't understand the negative reviews this foundation is getting.

First off, this is an amazing foundation for normal-dry skin. I would say it has a very high end finish to it that is comparable to GA Luminous Silk but better.

I have an NC20 -25 shade and I find that the shade 'Fair' suits me quite well. It is so blendable and it doesn't set quite fast so you can take your time buffing this on your skin. I have only used my beauty blender for the application.

It has a luminous glow but not extremely dewy on my dry skin. I would normally set this powder and the lasting power is quite good 8+ hours.

I believe a great makeup application starts with a good skin care. This is a must have and I ordered another one as a back-up!

A worthy investment!

on 12/12/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have had a really positive experience with this foundation. I got it in Fair, the lightest color (I think). It looked a little too light for me and a touch too yellow when I switched it but turns out it blended beautifully and was the correct color for me. The pump and packaging are terrific. This foundation is very concentrated. I used a lot less of this than I do of some other liquid foundations. Coverage is medium to full and can be built up. The foundation wore wonderfully all day on my moderately dry skin. I applied it to well-moisturized skin, with a dewy primer underneath, which may have helped it not to apply dry-ish. All day long, this foundation looked great on my skin. No crackles, no patches, no fading. I was really happily surprised and definitely recommend this foundation. I wouldn't say it is immensely "illuminating" but it is not drying and it doesn't appear matte, either. It's perhaps a teensy-touch dewy but not at all shiny or super glowy.

Dry skinned folks, give this a try! Use a light hand and see how it goes. Thumbs up from me.

on 10/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

I actually really love this product. Wasn't expecting much for thr price but I ran out of a bottle and had to go out and get another! I have oily /combination skin and it actually makes me glow. It also has great coverage.

on 9/8/2017 10:03:00 PM

A solid foundation if you have a drier complexion.

I'm currently taking roaccutane and have found this foundation really great while my skin is dry. Prior to taking roaccutane I was mixing this with a small amount of estee lauder double wear to make the foundation more combination skin type friendly. I love the coverage of this foundation and found fair to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin. It's very yellow toned which works well for me.

For me this lasts all day. My only complaint is that it feels a bit more wet on the skin after powdering than I would like, as though it is going to move. However, I've never had the issue of this foundation rubbing off. If LA girl were to introduce an ingredient/s that made this foundation dry down a bit more it would be amazing.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really like this foundation everyone say's its a dupe for MUFE Ultra HD I have that foundation, so I don't think it's a exact dupe but for everyday wear this is a nice foundation even special occasions as well in daylight photography it looked very nice. I selected the shade "warm Beige." the color line is limited and tends to run reddish and deep. Not a bad thing but in MUFE ULTRA HD I have a perfect shade that requires no tweaking. I purchased the "white shade," too since I saw it would be to deep. I purchased this at Ulta and I wish there was testers and also more shades of the medium color range but it was limited at the Ultra I purchased it at. I also brought back up supplies of the color corrector conclears I have them in green, light yellow, white, peach and regular yellow and orange. The green and yellow are wonderful for correcting foundations that a bt off. So with this foundation I use 1 generous pump of foundation, 1 smaller pump of white and a little bit of green and apply with a beauty blender and set with my Kryolan yellow powder.wears nicely. Not bad for a cheap every day foundation. BTW I love the color corrector conclears.