L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.5

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is overhyped. I heard many many good reviews about this product, hence why I decided to give it a try. I live in Canada, so I paid $18 for the foundation... I don't think it does much. i feel like this makes your pores extremely visible and I find it hard to blend and get a decent coverage. It isn't flattering at all. And every shade of this foundation is extremely orange. I am very tan with yellow/olive undertones and couldn't find a good shade match that wasn't orange. I definitely think this was a waste of money and I wouldn't repurchase. The only use i'll get of out this is mixing it with a lighter foundation to even out the orange and get a better coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NO..just no. I have dry and dehydrated skin and this foundation CREATED and ENHANCED flakes on my face even with heavy moisturizers under. After 5 hours of wear, it also managed to make some parts of my skin oily on top of making some parts HELLA flaky. I was an oily cakey mess. It looked like I was wearing a HEAVY mask. EW. I'd run far from this if you have skin type like mine. Actually, I don't see how it would be good for oily skin either as it doesn't control oil either. The coverage is good though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this foundation online because of the beauty youtuber hype. I initially noticed the lightest shade (porcelain) was orange based so I ordered their white mixer to make it paler. I have slightly dry acne prone skin.The application itself was okay & almost medium coverage, but I just dislike like the formula/texture. Its too dewy, just floated on the skin, emphasized pores & lines, caked & separated in places, and just looked weird. It creased under my eyes badly even when I didn't use it alone! I couldn't wait to wash it off. I initially noticed my pores were more clogged than usual and then two days later I got several severe cystic acne spots (which I rarely get). Now I know why it was so cheap.

on 7/2/2017 11:47:00 PM

I usually like to give a foundation more of a try than this, but after wearing it twice I'm just going to go ahead and say I don't like it. I usually use the elf acne fighting for daily work wear but wanted to try something new. Ever since I've been having skin problems the last year or so I've become obsessed with trying new foundations. I got this on ulta's website in the color beige. I think I paid $8.99, not bad. They didn't have a lot of colors but I looked up swatches and beige looked like it would be a great match for me. I first tried this on Friday. Holy ORANGE. This stuff doesn't look orange until I'm putting it on my face. And dark. I always pull my foundation down my neck a little bit, but with this I literally have to cover my entire neck in it to match my face. Even if I got more of a tan than I already have I think it would be too dark. I still applied it and figured it would tone down with powder. It smells weird, I don't usually get sensitive to smells but this smelled kind of like paint. Like the photo focus by wnw everyone was saying, which I also didn't like. That smell didn't really bother me on that one though. Anyways so I applied this with the real techniques sponge and it looked ok at first. I don't set my foundation right away when I'm doing my makeup and by the time I went to, it was seeping Into my pores and acne scars and also accentuated a dry spot by my nose I didn't even know I had. It is also a pretty Dewey finish but mattified once powder was on. I used Coty airspun applied with my sponge. It was just alright, nothing special. Today I used it again, with a brush and my pressed photofocus powder to set. It was a little better with this application but I prefer to apply w/ a sponge and don't want to be limited on which powder I can wear on top. My skin looks ok but not amazing. I'm also 99% sure this is making me break out because yesterday(didn't wear yesterday) I woke up with 2-3 pimples and I feel like they're worse today after I put it on again. The pimples hurt, too. Yeah it's cheap and it's OK, I may even like another color better but all of the hassle to make it look good just because it's cheap isn't worth it. Way too many other things out there, I'd rather take this back and try, like the catrice hd one or the one from Kokie. Taking back and wouldn't repurchase. Disappointed.

on 4/28/2017 8:10:00 AM

Okay, so since my skin has been really dry lately and matte foundations don't work the best for me anymore, I went on a hunt for dewy foundation with light to medium coverage but I didn't mind if it could be build up to full. First of all. this foundation is not worth the hype in my opinion. The shade selection is awful. I read the reviews that light shades aren't light enough so I ordered also their white foundation along with the shade porcelain. I'm really fair and the shade porcelain in my opinion is for the girls who are in between light and medium skin tones and that's way too dark. Packaging is good, it looks like Makeup Forever HD foundation. First thing that I noticed when I put the foundation on my face is the disgusting smell, to me it smells like hospitals but in a bad way. Foundation is really dewy. I have to say that it looks really nice on the face when you first put it, but once it has been on your face for a while it starts to cake up and it doesn't look good at all. I've tried so many things, from primers, putting less foundation on my face to setting sprays and it still looks cakey after a while. This foundation is not long lasting at all, on my dry skin it starts to melt and get oily after 2-3 hours. After 7 hour wear it's so oily and cakey that I can not wait to get it off my face. It's good if you're going to wear it for max. 4 hours. Overall, I'm really disappointed with this foundation, I've had a really high hopes for it.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really really really wanted to like this foundation, the claims of a fuller coverage with an illuminating finish (for a drugstore price) sounded like a dream come true for my extremely dry skin.

Pros:

- Good coverage, I would say medium-full (leaning more towards full)
- Packaging is amazing, it's sleek and the pump dispenses the perfect amount of product
- Affordable

Cons:

- Not long wearing, within a few hours the foundation had separated badly on my forehead, chin and around my nose
- Horrible for dry skin, this emphasized every dry patch of skin on my face. The longer I had it on the more flaky and crusty it started to look
- Smell was awful, very synthetic and plastic-y
- This did not have the "illuminating" effect that it claims, with a light dusting of translucent powder it settled to more of a demi-matte finish than the dewy/glowly/healthy finish I was hoping for
- Not good for sensitive skin, this made me break out and my skin felt irritated within minutes of putting it on

Overall this foundation just looked cakey and unflattering on my dry skin. It caused me to break out and irritated my sensitive skin. I could see this possibly working for someone with a different skin type but for me it's a no-go.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Meh. I bought this foundation after seeing youtubers use it.. and also because it looks very similar to MUFE Ultra HD (my holy grail). Its ok. I have the wrong shade, Natural, when really i should've purchased fair but i mix it with the white lightener and it seems to be fine. It looks great when i first apply, somewhat dewy after i have set it with powder and full coverage, it looks wonderful. Then, as the day goes on... after about 4 hours (not even that long at all) it really settles into my smile lines, it doesn't crease under my eyes or anywhere else but my small lines always look awful. I've tried baking, using different powders, setting sprays etc. it just doesn't help. Considering i usually use MUFE, i was quite disappointed as that foundation NEVER settles into my lines. Overall, its an OK foundation with GREAT coverage, a little bit definitely goes a long way. i don't think it smells bad compared to what other reviewers have said... it doesn't look natural but i suppose its not meant to considering its such full coverage. I am going to keep trying it and repurchase in a lighter shade but it will definitely not replace my MUFE.

I've seen a lot of You tubers Reviewing this foundation and most seem relatively positive, and I can see why. It has a nice light feel for such a full-ish coverage, and it never felt heavy or greasy as it wore. I bought "Vanilla" which was a good color match for my pale, neutral-toned skin. I dotted it on and applied it with a brush. Initially the coverage looked good. A little bit of the product goes a long way. As it dried down, however, I found that in the areas where I'd applied a heavier layer, the excess caked and looked heavy, and made me look older, and I have really clear, even skin. So next I tried using a lighter hand -- even though I had used a small amount of product the first time. It looked better, though the coverage wasn't exactly what I wanted. I tried it with a silicone-based primer, and that didn't seem to make any difference. The formula just didn't seem to sit properly on my mature combo skin. It wasn't particularly illuminating, which I liked, but wasn't matte either, which I also liked. I'm giving it a higher score because it went on nicely, didn't oxidize and the color was a good match. I think it's a really good foundation, especially for the price, even if it isn't for my type of skin.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So i thought i'd submit a review for this new LA girl foundation since there isn't too much info available as yet.
I bought this recently because the packaging was awesome and it excited me. Yeah.. impulse buy! Don't know what possessed me to buy an illuminating foundation when i have super oily skin. So anyway, i am somewhere smack in the middle of NC42 - 44. Can lean closer to either way, depending on the season. And the shade i picked was Bronze.

The packaging is a classy plastic bottle that comes with a pump and a cover. Yay for hygiene! The bottle is double-walled, so you can't predict your shade by just looking at it. Please test it before buying! really!

My first attempt scared me a little...it was sooo orange and seemed a bit too dark. And yes, it was super dewy. I set it with Palladio rice powder but i quickly became shiny...a greaseball really. It looked gross as the day went on. Was super bummed as i couldn't return or exchange it since i had bought it during a discounted clearance sale. Not that it was thattt cheap a discount too! But its the wastage that mostly bothers me. Besides i'm pretty sure the shades up and down were too light and too dark respectively.
So anyway, I suffered with orange face through a whole work day, although i must say, it didn't look too bad in natural light.

Second attempt....because i'm not a quitter! I tried it again. This time, i only used a teeny bit of my Benefit porefessional primer to dab on the cheeks where i have some scarring and nowhere else. I applied a lesser amount of the foundation and dabbed with my RT blender. It does spread easily and smoothly and i would say coverage is medium. This time i set it with my Ben Nye Neutral Set powder and the banana powder under the eye.
This took away all the shine and gave it a matte finish that was beautiful. The powder also seemed to correct the orangeness of the foundation. I was actually really pleased with how smooth and flawless my skin looked! I will use it as a day to day foundation until i use up but i probably won't repurchase. Look at the cons for why!

Pros:
- Packaging is great. Looks on par with high end foundations with the exception of plastic instead of glass. Who cares?
-Comes with a pump!
-Will look great on dry-skinned ladies who want a bit of a glow
-Can work for oily skinned ladies with a (very good) mattifying powder
-Easy to blend and doesn't settle into pores
-Applied with the RT sponge, there was no caking or creasing (I can imagine this happening if too much product is used though)
-Gives a beautiful finish if you don't use too much
-Lasts throughout an entire workday and doesn't oxidize.

Cons
-Shades lean a little too orange/red (at least the darker ones)
-Not transfer proof (it even stained the wire of my earphones) - This is a deal breaker for me.
-It has a fairly strong synthetic scent which I hate but it dissipates after application.
-Cannot be used without a good mattifying powder for oily skinned people or you will look like a ball of grease right off the bat.
-Might not work well with primers if you have oily skin

on 10/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

I actually really love this product. Wasn't expecting much for thr price but I ran out of a bottle and had to go out and get another! I have oily /combination skin and it actually makes me glow. It also has great coverage.