L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.4

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try the new matte foundation, but Ulta suggested I try this formula this my skin was a bit too matte according to person working at Ulta.

My holy grail Foundation is EL DW, but heard many good things about this. Nope, this oxidizing so much that I recommend 2 shades lighter. this also made my face burn!

I returned it. i think my hunt for EL DW replacement is over.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is overhyped. I heard many many good reviews about this product, hence why I decided to give it a try. I live in Canada, so I paid $18 for the foundation... I don't think it does much. i feel like this makes your pores extremely visible and I find it hard to blend and get a decent coverage. It isn't flattering at all. And every shade of this foundation is extremely orange. I am very tan with yellow/olive undertones and couldn't find a good shade match that wasn't orange. I definitely think this was a waste of money and I wouldn't repurchase. The only use i'll get of out this is mixing it with a lighter foundation to even out the orange and get a better coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NO..just no. I have dry and dehydrated skin and this foundation CREATED and ENHANCED flakes on my face even with heavy moisturizers under. After 5 hours of wear, it also managed to make some parts of my skin oily on top of making some parts HELLA flaky. I was an oily cakey mess. It looked like I was wearing a HEAVY mask. EW. I'd run far from this if you have skin type like mine. Actually, I don't see how it would be good for oily skin either as it doesn't control oil either. The coverage is good though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this foundation online because of the beauty youtuber hype. I initially noticed the lightest shade (porcelain) was orange based so I ordered their white mixer to make it paler. I have slightly dry acne prone skin.The application itself was okay & almost medium coverage, but I just dislike like the formula/texture. Its too dewy, just floated on the skin, emphasized pores & lines, caked & separated in places, and just looked weird. It creased under my eyes badly even when I didn't use it alone! I couldn't wait to wash it off. I initially noticed my pores were more clogged than usual and then two days later I got several severe cystic acne spots (which I rarely get). Now I know why it was so cheap.

I was recommended this foundation by many, at a good price i decided to stray from my MAC foundation to this, as an NC15 i brought the shade fair, this was a perfect colour match and i was very pleased with it, however the foundation did look pretty on my cheeks my acneprone forehead did not agree with the formula and it caked around my spots and scars more than most foundations which i was very disappointed in, it also gave me the feeling thst i had a cake on my face, personally i would not buy this preoduct again unless i had perfect skin however then i would not need it .

on 2/25/2018 9:27:00 PM

So I bought this foundation on a whim, because we usually don't have L.A. Girl in Ireland. I bought the lightest shade AND the lightener, because I'm pale AF and I could see this was gonna be too dark for me. It's a very thin liquid. I don't find it as full coverage as I would like, so I started mixing it with different foundations. I'm more of a matte kinda gal, so the finish of this didn't do it for me. It looks wet. Like straight up wet. I have to powder a metric fuck ton to get it to dry down to a manageable matteness. Its also very very very very yellow toned. Nah actually, it's pure fucking orange. Again though, I use the lightener and throw in a splash of any other foundation I have within arms reach. It lasts a pretty long time though, which is nice. Except for on my nose, but nothing EVER stays put on my nose, so I'm not surprised. I applied it with a damp beauty blender, and found it to blend nicely. Other products seem to sit well on it. I'm not mad at it, I just think it could be better. A few lighter shades and tone down the yellowness,and mattify it a bit and it could be incredible. I don't think I'll repurchase, but I could find an excellent combo of two foundations and stick with it.

It also smells weird.

on 1/29/2018 6:26:00 PM

After spending a couple hours watching YouTube makeup videos, I was inspired to try this foundation.

I first bought this foundation in Porcelain, the second lightest shade, which is usually a good bet for me in other brands. Thank goodness I bought it at CVS so I could return it. Porcelain was terribly dark on me, and very, very yellow--it looked like a medium warm beige.

So, I ordered it in Fair (the lightest shade) from Amazon (it was sold out at my CVS) and it is also too dark (light warm beige) and so yellow, it made me look like I'd had a self-tanner accident, or as if I'd coated my face with iodine. I generally buy a warm-toned foundation to correct for redness, but this is really over-the-top in the amount of yellow tone. I tried a neutral-toned powder over it to try and correct it, but that was completely insufficient to neutralize the intense yellowness. They sell a white mixer to lighten their shades, but I can't see it correcting the intense yellowness, so I give up on this one.

The product smells really weird when it comes out of the pump bottle--kind of like elementary school art supplies. It does fade as the product dries, and the product dried down really quickly and made a firm coating on my skin. I doubt it would shift around the first few hours, but there's no way I'm looking like a disaster long enough to find out. I removed it after about half an hour, and I think it sucked every last bit of oil out of my face.

First time I used this, I put it all over my face for 5 mins just to see how it looked. And I noticed it settled/creased into every tiny little line in my forehead. So I figured I should try mixing this with my LA Girl BB cream, which never creases and is HG. Mixed together, the creasing wasn't noticeable upon initial application. But after a few hours it definitely did crease. It even creased in the line between my brows, which is something I've never experienced before with foundation. And in bright daylight, I also noticed that it emphasised pores, something which is usually not a problem for me. I was also a total oil slick, but I guess that might be my fault for wearing an illuminating foundation whilst knowing I can get really oily in my T zone. I'll probably try it again, mixed with other foundations, or get a different primer. But I wouldn't repurchase. I have other affordable foundations that don't require this much work.

on 7/2/2017 11:47:00 PM

I usually like to give a foundation more of a try than this, but after wearing it twice I'm just going to go ahead and say I don't like it. I usually use the elf acne fighting for daily work wear but wanted to try something new. Ever since I've been having skin problems the last year or so I've become obsessed with trying new foundations. I got this on ulta's website in the color beige. I think I paid $8.99, not bad. They didn't have a lot of colors but I looked up swatches and beige looked like it would be a great match for me. I first tried this on Friday. Holy ORANGE. This stuff doesn't look orange until I'm putting it on my face. And dark. I always pull my foundation down my neck a little bit, but with this I literally have to cover my entire neck in it to match my face. Even if I got more of a tan than I already have I think it would be too dark. I still applied it and figured it would tone down with powder. It smells weird, I don't usually get sensitive to smells but this smelled kind of like paint. Like the photo focus by wnw everyone was saying, which I also didn't like. That smell didn't really bother me on that one though. Anyways so I applied this with the real techniques sponge and it looked ok at first. I don't set my foundation right away when I'm doing my makeup and by the time I went to, it was seeping Into my pores and acne scars and also accentuated a dry spot by my nose I didn't even know I had. It is also a pretty Dewey finish but mattified once powder was on. I used Coty airspun applied with my sponge. It was just alright, nothing special. Today I used it again, with a brush and my pressed photofocus powder to set. It was a little better with this application but I prefer to apply w/ a sponge and don't want to be limited on which powder I can wear on top. My skin looks ok but not amazing. I'm also 99% sure this is making me break out because yesterday(didn't wear yesterday) I woke up with 2-3 pimples and I feel like they're worse today after I put it on again. The pimples hurt, too. Yeah it's cheap and it's OK, I may even like another color better but all of the hassle to make it look good just because it's cheap isn't worth it. Way too many other things out there, I'd rather take this back and try, like the catrice hd one or the one from Kokie. Taking back and wouldn't repurchase. Disappointed.

on 4/28/2017 8:10:00 AM

Okay, so since my skin has been really dry lately and matte foundations don't work the best for me anymore, I went on a hunt for dewy foundation with light to medium coverage but I didn't mind if it could be build up to full. First of all. this foundation is not worth the hype in my opinion. The shade selection is awful. I read the reviews that light shades aren't light enough so I ordered also their white foundation along with the shade porcelain. I'm really fair and the shade porcelain in my opinion is for the girls who are in between light and medium skin tones and that's way too dark. Packaging is good, it looks like Makeup Forever HD foundation. First thing that I noticed when I put the foundation on my face is the disgusting smell, to me it smells like hospitals but in a bad way. Foundation is really dewy. I have to say that it looks really nice on the face when you first put it, but once it has been on your face for a while it starts to cake up and it doesn't look good at all. I've tried so many things, from primers, putting less foundation on my face to setting sprays and it still looks cakey after a while. This foundation is not long lasting at all, on my dry skin it starts to melt and get oily after 2-3 hours. After 7 hour wear it's so oily and cakey that I can not wait to get it off my face. It's good if you're going to wear it for max. 4 hours. Overall, I'm really disappointed with this foundation, I've had a really high hopes for it.