L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.3

on 3/28/2018 11:19:00 AM

I have this in the shade Fair which matches my NC 25ish skin well. The shade selection is odd in this line tho. Fortunately, I picked a shade that matches my winter shade perfectly when I bought this a few months ago. I have dry, dehydrated skin with a moderately oily t-zone. This foundation is very dewy and skin like. I have to set it with a powder so it doesn't move around. Even with a powder, it still looks fresh and natural. It wears for about 8 hours with powder and a setting spray. This is an affordable win for me. It has earned a place in my collection.

Pros:
Skin-like\dewy
Wears well
Feels light on the skin
Doesn't look like makeup
Decent price
Easy to find
Nice packaging
Medium coverage
Looks nice over texture

Cons:
Shade range

Overall, I definitely recommend this to people with a skin type similar to mine. It's probably not the best for those with very oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try the new matte foundation, but Ulta suggested I try this formula this my skin was a bit too matte according to person working at Ulta.

My holy grail Foundation is EL DW, but heard many good things about this. Nope, this oxidizing so much that I recommend 2 shades lighter. this also made my face burn!

I returned it. i think my hunt for EL DW replacement is over.

I like this. I havnt tried it without the whitener of the same brand yet because I bought the lightest shade and when i put it on my arm it was definatly my mid summer color. It has yellow undertones. It works for my pale olive skin. if you don't use a primer it can settle into fine lines and wrinkles. It lasts awhile. A setting powder and setting spray makes it last even better of course. it is a dewy finish so if you are looking for glow it is definatly good for that. my slight blemishes are covered. It photographs ridiculously beautiful in day light its just incredible. I think because I used the whitener with it there is a little flash back. it's not the worst I've seen though. I'd imagine if i used just a little less whitener and a contour it would look fine with flash. and it does still look "h d" and decent with flash. I say it's excellent as a drugstore foundation for photos and nights out. It's a good "selfie" foundation. I like it better than Revlon Photoready honestly. just be mindful to be sparing if using the whitener. the shade selection is more for tan complexions so I had to take a lippy off. But i do like it and would definitely repurchase.

on 2/25/2018 9:27:00 PM

So I bought this foundation on a whim, because we usually don't have L.A. Girl in Ireland. I bought the lightest shade AND the lightener, because I'm pale AF and I could see this was gonna be too dark for me. It's a very thin liquid. I don't find it as full coverage as I would like, so I started mixing it with different foundations. I'm more of a matte kinda gal, so the finish of this didn't do it for me. It looks wet. Like straight up wet. I have to powder a metric fuck ton to get it to dry down to a manageable matteness. Its also very very very very yellow toned. Nah actually, it's pure fucking orange. Again though, I use the lightener and throw in a splash of any other foundation I have within arms reach. It lasts a pretty long time though, which is nice. Except for on my nose, but nothing EVER stays put on my nose, so I'm not surprised. I applied it with a damp beauty blender, and found it to blend nicely. Other products seem to sit well on it. I'm not mad at it, I just think it could be better. A few lighter shades and tone down the yellowness,and mattify it a bit and it could be incredible. I don't think I'll repurchase, but I could find an excellent combo of two foundations and stick with it.

It also smells weird.

on 1/29/2018 6:26:00 PM

After spending a couple hours watching YouTube makeup videos, I was inspired to try this foundation.

I first bought this foundation in Porcelain, the second lightest shade, which is usually a good bet for me in other brands. Thank goodness I bought it at CVS so I could return it. Porcelain was terribly dark on me, and very, very yellow--it looked like a medium warm beige.

So, I ordered it in Fair (the lightest shade) from Amazon (it was sold out at my CVS) and it is also too dark (light warm beige) and so yellow, it made me look like I'd had a self-tanner accident, or as if I'd coated my face with iodine. I generally buy a warm-toned foundation to correct for redness, but this is really over-the-top in the amount of yellow tone. I tried a neutral-toned powder over it to try and correct it, but that was completely insufficient to neutralize the intense yellowness. They sell a white mixer to lighten their shades, but I can't see it correcting the intense yellowness, so I give up on this one.

The product smells really weird when it comes out of the pump bottle--kind of like elementary school art supplies. It does fade as the product dries, and the product dried down really quickly and made a firm coating on my skin. I doubt it would shift around the first few hours, but there's no way I'm looking like a disaster long enough to find out. I removed it after about half an hour, and I think it sucked every last bit of oil out of my face.

on 1/22/2018 7:25:00 PM

This is my favourite foundation because it gives you almost-full coverage without looking cakey or too much. Looks like skin and feels lightweight. It stays on for at least 12 hours so that's great. Also, the shade range is pretty decent considering the price, even better than some higher end brands...
Would 100% recommend if you have a normal or dry skin, for oily people I think it woudn't work since its an Illuminating foundation and I dont think it would hold the oils really well...

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is great if you're not looking for much coverage and have dry/normal skin, as it is dewy and very lightweight. I found it hard to add to my favorites because it doesn't do much for me - oily skin with some acne scarring - but it still does a good job when it comes to wear time (it lasted about 3 hours on me before I started to get oily). It does set into the fine lines and wrinkles, and it is very runny for a liquid foundation.

First time I used this, I put it all over my face for 5 mins just to see how it looked. And I noticed it settled/creased into every tiny little line in my forehead. So I figured I should try mixing this with my LA Girl BB cream, which never creases and is HG. Mixed together, the creasing wasn't noticeable upon initial application. But after a few hours it definitely did crease. It even creased in the line between my brows, which is something I've never experienced before with foundation. And in bright daylight, I also noticed that it emphasised pores, something which is usually not a problem for me. I was also a total oil slick, but I guess that might be my fault for wearing an illuminating foundation whilst knowing I can get really oily in my T zone. I'll probably try it again, mixed with other foundations, or get a different primer. But I wouldn't repurchase. I have other affordable foundations that don't require this much work.

on 10/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

I actually really love this product. Wasn't expecting much for thr price but I ran out of a bottle and had to go out and get another! I have oily /combination skin and it actually makes me glow. It also has great coverage.

on 9/8/2017 10:03:00 PM

A solid foundation if you have a drier complexion.

I'm currently taking roaccutane and have found this foundation really great while my skin is dry. Prior to taking roaccutane I was mixing this with a small amount of estee lauder double wear to make the foundation more combination skin type friendly. I love the coverage of this foundation and found fair to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin. It's very yellow toned which works well for me.

For me this lasts all day. My only complaint is that it feels a bit more wet on the skin after powdering than I would like, as though it is going to move. However, I've never had the issue of this foundation rubbing off. If LA girl were to introduce an ingredient/s that made this foundation dry down a bit more it would be amazing.