L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.4

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is great if you're not looking for much coverage and have dry/normal skin, as it is dewy and very lightweight. I found it hard to add to my favorites because it doesn't do much for me - oily skin with some acne scarring - but it still does a good job when it comes to wear time (it lasted about 3 hours on me before I started to get oily). It does set into the fine lines and wrinkles, and it is very runny for a liquid foundation.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

First time I used this, I put it all over my face for 5 mins just to see how it looked. And I noticed it settled/creased into every tiny little line in my forehead. So I figured I should try mixing this with my LA Girl BB cream, which never creases and is HG. Mixed together, the creasing wasn't noticeable upon initial application. But after a few hours it definitely did crease. It even creased in the line between my brows, which is something I've never experienced before with foundation. And in bright daylight, I also noticed that it emphasised pores, something which is usually not a problem for me. I was also a total oil slick, but I guess that might be my fault for wearing an illuminating foundation whilst knowing I can get really oily in my T zone. I'll probably try it again, mixed with other foundations, or get a different primer. But I wouldn't repurchase. I have other affordable foundations that don't require this much work.

on 10/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

I actually really love this product. Wasn't expecting much for thr price but I ran out of a bottle and had to go out and get another! I have oily /combination skin and it actually makes me glow. It also has great coverage.

on 9/8/2017 10:03:00 PM

A solid foundation if you have a drier complexion.

I'm currently taking roaccutane and have found this foundation really great while my skin is dry. Prior to taking roaccutane I was mixing this with a small amount of estee lauder double wear to make the foundation more combination skin type friendly. I love the coverage of this foundation and found fair to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin. It's very yellow toned which works well for me.

For me this lasts all day. My only complaint is that it feels a bit more wet on the skin after powdering than I would like, as though it is going to move. However, I've never had the issue of this foundation rubbing off. If LA girl were to introduce an ingredient/s that made this foundation dry down a bit more it would be amazing.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is overhyped. I heard many many good reviews about this product, hence why I decided to give it a try. I live in Canada, so I paid $18 for the foundation... I don't think it does much. i feel like this makes your pores extremely visible and I find it hard to blend and get a decent coverage. It isn't flattering at all. And every shade of this foundation is extremely orange. I am very tan with yellow/olive undertones and couldn't find a good shade match that wasn't orange. I definitely think this was a waste of money and I wouldn't repurchase. The only use i'll get of out this is mixing it with a lighter foundation to even out the orange and get a better coverage.

on 7/2/2017 11:47:00 PM

I usually like to give a foundation more of a try than this, but after wearing it twice I'm just going to go ahead and say I don't like it. I usually use the elf acne fighting for daily work wear but wanted to try something new. Ever since I've been having skin problems the last year or so I've become obsessed with trying new foundations. I got this on ulta's website in the color beige. I think I paid $8.99, not bad. They didn't have a lot of colors but I looked up swatches and beige looked like it would be a great match for me. I first tried this on Friday. Holy ORANGE. This stuff doesn't look orange until I'm putting it on my face. And dark. I always pull my foundation down my neck a little bit, but with this I literally have to cover my entire neck in it to match my face. Even if I got more of a tan than I already have I think it would be too dark. I still applied it and figured it would tone down with powder. It smells weird, I don't usually get sensitive to smells but this smelled kind of like paint. Like the photo focus by wnw everyone was saying, which I also didn't like. That smell didn't really bother me on that one though. Anyways so I applied this with the real techniques sponge and it looked ok at first. I don't set my foundation right away when I'm doing my makeup and by the time I went to, it was seeping Into my pores and acne scars and also accentuated a dry spot by my nose I didn't even know I had. It is also a pretty Dewey finish but mattified once powder was on. I used Coty airspun applied with my sponge. It was just alright, nothing special. Today I used it again, with a brush and my pressed photofocus powder to set. It was a little better with this application but I prefer to apply w/ a sponge and don't want to be limited on which powder I can wear on top. My skin looks ok but not amazing. I'm also 99% sure this is making me break out because yesterday(didn't wear yesterday) I woke up with 2-3 pimples and I feel like they're worse today after I put it on again. The pimples hurt, too. Yeah it's cheap and it's OK, I may even like another color better but all of the hassle to make it look good just because it's cheap isn't worth it. Way too many other things out there, I'd rather take this back and try, like the catrice hd one or the one from Kokie. Taking back and wouldn't repurchase. Disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE! Affordable, great coverage and blends well for my dry skin type.
Possibly one of my favourite drug store foundations!!
I've been using this foundation since January and I use the shade warm beige and i have noticed a slight red undertone but once I've done my concealer it blends in well. Im going to purchase a different shade next time and see how that goes. Anyway I usually only need to use two pumps to achieve a medium coverage. This foundation always gives me a natural silky finish once blended with my beauty blender or sigma flat kabuki f80.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really like this foundation everyone say's its a dupe for MUFE Ultra HD I have that foundation, so I don't think it's a exact dupe but for everyday wear this is a nice foundation even special occasions as well in daylight photography it looked very nice. I selected the shade "warm Beige." the color line is limited and tends to run reddish and deep. Not a bad thing but in MUFE ULTRA HD I have a perfect shade that requires no tweaking. I purchased the "white shade," too since I saw it would be to deep. I purchased this at Ulta and I wish there was testers and also more shades of the medium color range but it was limited at the Ultra I purchased it at. I also brought back up supplies of the color corrector conclears I have them in green, light yellow, white, peach and regular yellow and orange. The green and yellow are wonderful for correcting foundations that a bt off. So with this foundation I use 1 generous pump of foundation, 1 smaller pump of white and a little bit of green and apply with a beauty blender and set with my Kryolan yellow powder.wears nicely. Not bad for a cheap every day foundation. BTW I love the color corrector conclears.

on 4/28/2017 8:10:00 AM

Okay, so since my skin has been really dry lately and matte foundations don't work the best for me anymore, I went on a hunt for dewy foundation with light to medium coverage but I didn't mind if it could be build up to full. First of all. this foundation is not worth the hype in my opinion. The shade selection is awful. I read the reviews that light shades aren't light enough so I ordered also their white foundation along with the shade porcelain. I'm really fair and the shade porcelain in my opinion is for the girls who are in between light and medium skin tones and that's way too dark. Packaging is good, it looks like Makeup Forever HD foundation. First thing that I noticed when I put the foundation on my face is the disgusting smell, to me it smells like hospitals but in a bad way. Foundation is really dewy. I have to say that it looks really nice on the face when you first put it, but once it has been on your face for a while it starts to cake up and it doesn't look good at all. I've tried so many things, from primers, putting less foundation on my face to setting sprays and it still looks cakey after a while. This foundation is not long lasting at all, on my dry skin it starts to melt and get oily after 2-3 hours. After 7 hour wear it's so oily and cakey that I can not wait to get it off my face. It's good if you're going to wear it for max. 4 hours. Overall, I'm really disappointed with this foundation, I've had a really high hopes for it.

on 3/31/2017 12:54:00 PM

This is my new favorite drugstore foundation! It has medium to full coverage. It covers my redness and acne scarring with ease. It dries down a little tacky but I always set my foundation with a powder anyways. My favorite thing about this foundation though is it's lasting power. I can wear this for 12+ hours without it fading or looking patchy, which is more than I can say for some pricier foundations out there.

I was a little nervous to try this at first because all the YouTubers commented on how dewy this foundation was. I have combo skin. My nose and undereye can get a bit oily while everywhere else is normal. So I was a little nervous it would be too dewy for me. This is not the case! After I set it with a powder, it actually has a very natural finish. It hardly looks like I'm wearing foundation.

I'm about a NC20 and I use the shade "Fair". I find it to be slightly too dark for my skin tone, but I can make it work by bringing the foundation down my neck.