L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.8

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to try the new matte foundation, but Ulta suggested I try this formula this my skin was a bit too matte according to person working at Ulta.

My holy grail Foundation is EL DW, but heard many good things about this. Nope, this oxidizing so much that I recommend 2 shades lighter. this also made my face burn!

I returned it. i think my hunt for EL DW replacement is over.

I like this. I havnt tried it without the whitener of the same brand yet because I bought the lightest shade and when i put it on my arm it was definatly my mid summer color. It has yellow undertones. It works for my pale olive skin. if you don't use a primer it can settle into fine lines and wrinkles. It lasts awhile. A setting powder and setting spray makes it last even better of course. it is a dewy finish so if you are looking for glow it is definatly good for that. my slight blemishes are covered. It photographs ridiculously beautiful in day light its just incredible. I think because I used the whitener with it there is a little flash back. it's not the worst I've seen though. I'd imagine if i used just a little less whitener and a contour it would look fine with flash. and it does still look "h d" and decent with flash. I say it's excellent as a drugstore foundation for photos and nights out. It's a good "selfie" foundation. I like it better than Revlon Photoready honestly. just be mindful to be sparing if using the whitener. the shade selection is more for tan complexions so I had to take a lippy off. But i do like it and would definitely repurchase.

on 10/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

I actually really love this product. Wasn't expecting much for thr price but I ran out of a bottle and had to go out and get another! I have oily /combination skin and it actually makes me glow. It also has great coverage.

I used to only use high end foundations, as in really high end like YSL, Chantecaille and Armani but I have been dabbling in drugstore and affordable brands and making new discoveries. I really enjoy this foundation. I bought the color fair which isn't fair at all, it almost looks orangey in the bottle. That shade is a good match for my NC25 skin. I did read a prior review that it is an NC20, but I think this foundation is in the middle of NC20 and NC25 simply because NC20 would be too light for me. While it looks slightly orange in the bottle it translates well on my skin. This foundation has a decent amount of coverage and is layerable. It is lightweight and fluid and feels almost imperceptible on the skin. It has a bit of luminosity on my combo/mature skin and doesn't emphasize pores or fine lines. I do set this very lightly with a powder. Generally, powders and I don't mix well but the Photo Focus powder by Wet n Wild doesn't cake or age me and it plays well with this foundation. The lasting power of this foundation is pretty good, even on my oily spots. It also doesn't break me out. I like that they sell a pure white color to mix in their foundation because very fair skin tones will need it. It is an excellent value.

I don't understand the negative reviews this foundation is getting.

First off, this is an amazing foundation for normal-dry skin. I would say it has a very high end finish to it that is comparable to GA Luminous Silk but better.

I have an NC20 -25 shade and I find that the shade 'Fair' suits me quite well. It is so blendable and it doesn't set quite fast so you can take your time buffing this on your skin. I have only used my beauty blender for the application.

It has a luminous glow but not extremely dewy on my dry skin. I would normally set this powder and the lasting power is quite good 8+ hours.

I believe a great makeup application starts with a good skin care. This is a must have and I ordered another one as a back-up!

A worthy investment!