L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

4.7

on 10/15/2017 9:55:00 AM

I actually really love this product. Wasn't expecting much for thr price but I ran out of a bottle and had to go out and get another! I have oily /combination skin and it actually makes me glow. It also has great coverage.

I used to only use high end foundations, as in really high end like YSL, Chantecaille and Armani but I have been dabbling in drugstore and affordable brands and making new discoveries. I really enjoy this foundation. I bought the color fair which isn't fair at all, it almost looks orangey in the bottle. That shade is a good match for my NC25 skin. I did read a prior review that it is an NC20, but I think this foundation is in the middle of NC20 and NC25 simply because NC20 would be too light for me. While it looks slightly orange in the bottle it translates well on my skin. This foundation has a decent amount of coverage and is layerable. It is lightweight and fluid and feels almost imperceptible on the skin. It has a bit of luminosity on my combo/mature skin and doesn't emphasize pores or fine lines. I do set this very lightly with a powder. Generally, powders and I don't mix well but the Photo Focus powder by Wet n Wild doesn't cake or age me and it plays well with this foundation. The lasting power of this foundation is pretty good, even on my oily spots. It also doesn't break me out. I like that they sell a pure white color to mix in their foundation because very fair skin tones will need it. It is an excellent value.

I don't understand the negative reviews this foundation is getting.

First off, this is an amazing foundation for normal-dry skin. I would say it has a very high end finish to it that is comparable to GA Luminous Silk but better.

I have an NC20 -25 shade and I find that the shade 'Fair' suits me quite well. It is so blendable and it doesn't set quite fast so you can take your time buffing this on your skin. I have only used my beauty blender for the application.

It has a luminous glow but not extremely dewy on my dry skin. I would normally set this powder and the lasting power is quite good 8+ hours.

I believe a great makeup application starts with a good skin care. This is a must have and I ordered another one as a back-up!

A worthy investment!