L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

2.8

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Mehhhhh I'm on the fence about this one. I may come back to edit my review once I have more time to experience this foundation.

First of all, the color selection is TERRIBLE for pale or light-neutral folks like myself. I'm an NC20 that leans neutral (ie. MAC's NC20 is too yellow for me, while NW20 is too pink). I purchased the lightest shade of LA Girl Pro Coverage, Fair, but it's too dark and yellow for me. The next shade up, Porcelain, is dark and pink.

I AM, however, extremely impressed that there's a huge range of shades available for caramel and chocolate beauties(SIXTEEN shades in total)! So even though this foundation didn't work for me, I'm hoping it will work nicely for others.

This foundation's texture is light, runny, and buildable. If you've got a few discolorations here and there, you will like this. If you have heavy cystic acne like me, you may need a few layers or a heavy concealer.

This is an affordable foundation with a nice dewy finish. It did not aggravate my eczema. Unfortunately, it is not particularly long-wearing and has a very watery consistency. I guess you get what you pay for. Still, if you are strapped for cash, this is an option that is well worth considering.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I really like this foundation everyone say's its a dupe for MUFE Ultra HD I have that foundation, so I don't think it's a exact dupe but for everyday wear this is a nice foundation even special occasions as well in daylight photography it looked very nice. I selected the shade "warm Beige." the color line is limited and tends to run reddish and deep. Not a bad thing but in MUFE ULTRA HD I have a perfect shade that requires no tweaking. I purchased the "white shade," too since I saw it would be to deep. I purchased this at Ulta and I wish there was testers and also more shades of the medium color range but it was limited at the Ultra I purchased it at. I also brought back up supplies of the color corrector conclears I have them in green, light yellow, white, peach and regular yellow and orange. The green and yellow are wonderful for correcting foundations that a bt off. So with this foundation I use 1 generous pump of foundation, 1 smaller pump of white and a little bit of green and apply with a beauty blender and set with my Kryolan yellow powder.wears nicely. Not bad for a cheap every day foundation. BTW I love the color corrector conclears.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this foundation online because of the beauty youtuber hype. I initially noticed the lightest shade (porcelain) was orange based so I ordered their white mixer to make it paler. I have slightly dry acne prone skin.The application itself was okay & almost medium coverage, but I just dislike like the formula/texture. Its too dewy, just floated on the skin, emphasized pores & lines, caked & separated in places, and just looked weird. It creased under my eyes badly even when I didn't use it alone! I couldn't wait to wash it off. I initially noticed my pores were more clogged than usual and then two days later I got several severe cystic acne spots (which I rarely get). Now I know why it was so cheap.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

So i thought i'd submit a review for this new LA girl foundation since there isn't too much info available as yet.
I bought this recently because the packaging was awesome and it excited me. Yeah.. impulse buy! Don't know what possessed me to buy an illuminating foundation when i have super oily skin. So anyway, i am somewhere smack in the middle of NC42 - 44. Can lean closer to either way, depending on the season. And the shade i picked was Bronze.

The packaging is a classy plastic bottle that comes with a pump and a cover. Yay for hygiene! The bottle is double-walled, so you can't predict your shade by just looking at it. Please test it before buying! really!

My first attempt scared me a little...it was sooo orange and seemed a bit too dark. And yes, it was super dewy. I set it with Palladio rice powder but i quickly became shiny...a greaseball really. It looked gross as the day went on. Was super bummed as i couldn't return or exchange it since i had bought it during a discounted clearance sale. Not that it was thattt cheap a discount too! But its the wastage that mostly bothers me. Besides i'm pretty sure the shades up and down were too light and too dark respectively.
So anyway, I suffered with orange face through a whole work day, although i must say, it didn't look too bad in natural light.

Second attempt....because i'm not a quitter! I tried it again. This time, i only used a teeny bit of my Benefit porefessional primer to dab on the cheeks where i have some scarring and nowhere else. I applied a lesser amount of the foundation and dabbed with my RT blender. It does spread easily and smoothly and i would say coverage is medium. This time i set it with my Ben Nye Neutral Set powder and the banana powder under the eye.
This took away all the shine and gave it a matte finish that was beautiful. The powder also seemed to correct the orangeness of the foundation. I was actually really pleased with how smooth and flawless my skin looked! I will use it as a day to day foundation until i use up but i probably won't repurchase. Look at the cons for why!

Pros:
- Packaging is great. Looks on par with high end foundations with the exception of plastic instead of glass. Who cares?
-Comes with a pump!
-Will look great on dry-skinned ladies who want a bit of a glow
-Can work for oily skinned ladies with a (very good) mattifying powder
-Easy to blend and doesn't settle into pores
-Applied with the RT sponge, there was no caking or creasing (I can imagine this happening if too much product is used though)
-Gives a beautiful finish if you don't use too much
-Lasts throughout an entire workday and doesn't oxidize.

Cons
-Shades lean a little too orange/red (at least the darker ones)
-Not transfer proof (it even stained the wire of my earphones) - This is a deal breaker for me.
-It has a fairly strong synthetic scent which I hate but it dissipates after application.
-Cannot be used without a good mattifying powder for oily skinned people or you will look like a ball of grease right off the bat.
-Might not work well with primers if you have oily skin