L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
L.A. Girl LA Girl Pro Coverage HD Illuminating Foundation

3.0

on 9/8/2017 10:03:00 PM

A solid foundation if you have a drier complexion.

I'm currently taking roaccutane and have found this foundation really great while my skin is dry. Prior to taking roaccutane I was mixing this with a small amount of estee lauder double wear to make the foundation more combination skin type friendly. I love the coverage of this foundation and found fair to be a perfect match for my NC20 skin. It's very yellow toned which works well for me.

For me this lasts all day. My only complaint is that it feels a bit more wet on the skin after powdering than I would like, as though it is going to move. However, I've never had the issue of this foundation rubbing off. If LA girl were to introduce an ingredient/s that made this foundation dry down a bit more it would be amazing.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is overhyped. I heard many many good reviews about this product, hence why I decided to give it a try. I live in Canada, so I paid $18 for the foundation... I don't think it does much. i feel like this makes your pores extremely visible and I find it hard to blend and get a decent coverage. It isn't flattering at all. And every shade of this foundation is extremely orange. I am very tan with yellow/olive undertones and couldn't find a good shade match that wasn't orange. I definitely think this was a waste of money and I wouldn't repurchase. The only use i'll get of out this is mixing it with a lighter foundation to even out the orange and get a better coverage.

on 7/2/2017 11:47:00 PM

I usually like to give a foundation more of a try than this, but after wearing it twice I'm just going to go ahead and say I don't like it. I usually use the elf acne fighting for daily work wear but wanted to try something new. Ever since I've been having skin problems the last year or so I've become obsessed with trying new foundations. I got this on ulta's website in the color beige. I think I paid $8.99, not bad. They didn't have a lot of colors but I looked up swatches and beige looked like it would be a great match for me. I first tried this on Friday. Holy ORANGE. This stuff doesn't look orange until I'm putting it on my face. And dark. I always pull my foundation down my neck a little bit, but with this I literally have to cover my entire neck in it to match my face. Even if I got more of a tan than I already have I think it would be too dark. I still applied it and figured it would tone down with powder. It smells weird, I don't usually get sensitive to smells but this smelled kind of like paint. Like the photo focus by wnw everyone was saying, which I also didn't like. That smell didn't really bother me on that one though. Anyways so I applied this with the real techniques sponge and it looked ok at first. I don't set my foundation right away when I'm doing my makeup and by the time I went to, it was seeping Into my pores and acne scars and also accentuated a dry spot by my nose I didn't even know I had. It is also a pretty Dewey finish but mattified once powder was on. I used Coty airspun applied with my sponge. It was just alright, nothing special. Today I used it again, with a brush and my pressed photofocus powder to set. It was a little better with this application but I prefer to apply w/ a sponge and don't want to be limited on which powder I can wear on top. My skin looks ok but not amazing. I'm also 99% sure this is making me break out because yesterday(didn't wear yesterday) I woke up with 2-3 pimples and I feel like they're worse today after I put it on again. The pimples hurt, too. Yeah it's cheap and it's OK, I may even like another color better but all of the hassle to make it look good just because it's cheap isn't worth it. Way too many other things out there, I'd rather take this back and try, like the catrice hd one or the one from Kokie. Taking back and wouldn't repurchase. Disappointed.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE! Affordable, great coverage and blends well for my dry skin type.
Possibly one of my favourite drug store foundations!!
I've been using this foundation since January and I use the shade warm beige and i have noticed a slight red undertone but once I've done my concealer it blends in well. Im going to purchase a different shade next time and see how that goes. Anyway I usually only need to use two pumps to achieve a medium coverage. This foundation always gives me a natural silky finish once blended with my beauty blender or sigma flat kabuki f80.

on 4/28/2017 8:10:00 AM

Okay, so since my skin has been really dry lately and matte foundations don't work the best for me anymore, I went on a hunt for dewy foundation with light to medium coverage but I didn't mind if it could be build up to full. First of all. this foundation is not worth the hype in my opinion. The shade selection is awful. I read the reviews that light shades aren't light enough so I ordered also their white foundation along with the shade porcelain. I'm really fair and the shade porcelain in my opinion is for the girls who are in between light and medium skin tones and that's way too dark. Packaging is good, it looks like Makeup Forever HD foundation. First thing that I noticed when I put the foundation on my face is the disgusting smell, to me it smells like hospitals but in a bad way. Foundation is really dewy. I have to say that it looks really nice on the face when you first put it, but once it has been on your face for a while it starts to cake up and it doesn't look good at all. I've tried so many things, from primers, putting less foundation on my face to setting sprays and it still looks cakey after a while. This foundation is not long lasting at all, on my dry skin it starts to melt and get oily after 2-3 hours. After 7 hour wear it's so oily and cakey that I can not wait to get it off my face. It's good if you're going to wear it for max. 4 hours. Overall, I'm really disappointed with this foundation, I've had a really high hopes for it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

NO..just no. I have dry and dehydrated skin and this foundation CREATED and ENHANCED flakes on my face even with heavy moisturizers under. After 5 hours of wear, it also managed to make some parts of my skin oily on top of making some parts HELLA flaky. I was an oily cakey mess. It looked like I was wearing a HEAVY mask. EW. I'd run far from this if you have skin type like mine. Actually, I don't see how it would be good for oily skin either as it doesn't control oil either. The coverage is good though.

I am rather fair skinned, but I usually wear the second lightest shade in most foundations. I bought this foundation in the lightest color they had, but it was still too dark for me. Despite this, I wore it around my house for a few hours to see how it wore, and I absolutely loved it! I know this foundation comes in a white color I could use to lighten it, but I don't feel like dealing with the hassle of mixing foundation every day. I really, really wish this foundation came in a wider color range (and if it did, it would definitely be 5 stars!), but I think this will be great in the summer time once I get a little bit of a tan.

PROS:
inexpensive
wears well
not cakey
great packaging (with a pump)

CONS:
not a wide variety of shades and no shades for pale skin

on 2/5/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I am so in love with this product ! It is very high coverage so if you don't like high coverage kind of foundation you won't like this one because it shows that you are wearing foundation.

on 1/29/2017 1:47:00 AM

I bought this product because Tati and Lustrelux's opinion about it were good. Also, because it seemed interesting. So, I checked online to see what my shade was and thankfully, there were swatches on it and I believe both Tati and Lustrelux mentioned that the shade Fair would fit people who are of the shade NC20 in MAC. Now, for the review:

Pros:
- has a very sleek packaging, and doesn't look as cheap as other drugstore foundations
- comes in a pump
- comes in 16 shades
- blendability is amazing
- has a medium to full coverage, as it says on the packaging, which allows you add layers
- lasts all day on the skin (granted that you set it in powder and apply some setting spray)
- looks like skin

Cons:
- dries a bit slower than most foundations
- transfers quite a bit even after setting
- became itchy in a few areas on my face (but I didn't really mind it)
- kind of creased around the nose

All in all, I think this is a good foundation, despite all the cons and I definitely would recommend this foundation for anyone who has dry to combination skin. I don't recommend this to anyone who has oily skin since it would most probably make you look like a grease-ball. Also, it's good to bring blotting paper and/or powder around with you in case you use this foundation to prevent from looking too oily.

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I really really really wanted to like this foundation, the claims of a fuller coverage with an illuminating finish (for a drugstore price) sounded like a dream come true for my extremely dry skin.

Pros:

- Good coverage, I would say medium-full (leaning more towards full)
- Packaging is amazing, it's sleek and the pump dispenses the perfect amount of product
- Affordable

Cons:

- Not long wearing, within a few hours the foundation had separated badly on my forehead, chin and around my nose
- Horrible for dry skin, this emphasized every dry patch of skin on my face. The longer I had it on the more flaky and crusty it started to look
- Smell was awful, very synthetic and plastic-y
- This did not have the "illuminating" effect that it claims, with a light dusting of translucent powder it settled to more of a demi-matte finish than the dewy/glowly/healthy finish I was hoping for
- Not good for sensitive skin, this made me break out and my skin felt irritated within minutes of putting it on

Overall this foundation just looked cakey and unflattering on my dry skin. It caused me to break out and irritated my sensitive skin. I could see this possibly working for someone with a different skin type but for me it's a no-go.