Peter Thomas Roth Instant Firm Eye

No Image

1 review

on 12/3/2016 2:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am super surprised this has never been reviewed on here and I'm the first one reviewing it. Peter Thomas Roth also has this for the overall face, so perhaps others have reviewed the eye product under that. Anyway, this product is something I use daily whenever I'm going out...with makeup or without. First of all, let me tell you what it says on the website:

Firm-A-Tite™ - a trio of instant skin tighteners that temporarily lifts, firms and tightens the appearance of the skin.

Eyeliss™1 - a trio of peptides that work together to help visibly diminish the look of under-eye puffiness.

Eye Regener® - targets the look of bags under the eyes by helping to visibly diminish the appearance of excess fullness.

Argatensyl™ - immediately smoothes and instantly tightens the appearance of skin.

Vitamins C & E - provide anti-oxidant benefits.

Pro Vitamin B5 - helps condition and nourish the look of skin.

Retinyl Palmitate - a form of Vitamin A that is more gentle than retinol.

I have looked online and there are MANY reviews and YouTube postings about this product. You are either going to love it (like I do) or hate it. BUT, before you decide to hate, you MUST practice and take some advice from those of us that are already practiced in it. This isn't rocket science, but some tips will definitely help you.

1. You need just the TINIEST amount of this! I have had this tube for over a year. As expensive as it is (can't even remember....$35?), you only need just a tiny bit.

2. PAT, don't rub this in. Lightly dab it on on the areas you're wanting to see improvement on. For me, it's under the eye. For others, it might be the crows feet area or both. Then give it about 4 minutes to do the work.

3. If you put too much on, it WILL show a white cast under your eye. Don't worry!!!! Just take any silicone or moisturizer you have and lightly dab on the white cast....it disappears. I personally use Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser for this. It's terrible as a pore eraser for me but the silicone base works great for this.

What this does for me: I am 56 years old and look pretty good for my age. However, time doesn't stop and when I wake in the a.m., my eyes can look puffy and/or excessively lined depending on how I slept. I put on my makeup as usual and applying this is one of my last steps. You will not believe how well this works....the lines will disappear and any puffiness is gone. It lasts for most of my work day. The white cast is what most people complain about, but I believe most are making two mistakes: 1) using too much...it takes a TINY amount and should be DABBED on, and 2) when there is a white cast, just dab a moisturizer or silicone product over it to make it disappear.
Note: This is NOT a treatment that promises to erase the lines under your eyes forever!!! It doesn't do that! It is a TEMPORARY fix. If you have puffy eyes in the a.m., this will fix it and by the time it doesn't work anymore, your eyes won't be puffy anyway because you will have been up awhile. If you have lines, this will work for several hours. Not sure how many hours.
I love this stuff....can't do without it. I don't think I'll have to buy any soon because I still have the majority of a tube. But when I do run out, you can bet I'll buy again!!!!

Forgot to mention, bought it at Ulta.