First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer

4.1

Water, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone, Urea, Cetyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa Kernel Flour, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Allantoin, Persea Gratissima Oil, N-Butyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceramide 3, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Edta, Phenoxyethanol

on 3/16/2019 6:53:00 PM

Gosh did I want to love this so much! The First Aid Beauty facial cleanser is a HG of mine, it is the best cleanser I have ever tried in my life so far. Unfortunately this moisturizer just did not get along with my skin...Sure it is lightweight and the bottle is great, as it is one of those pump ones, but the product itself made my skin sort of feel hot and like it was burning... Strangely enough it did not turn red, despite a rather intense hot feeling. Not sure which exact ingredient my skin was not agreeing with. I have no problems with the Coconut Smoothie priming moisturizer nor the micellar water. Shame, as I really wanted to love this!

on 10/6/2018 11:45:00 AM

I have been using this moisturizer for about a week. My skin has been very, very dry from using Retin A for the past month and I needed something that was moisturizing, but not a thick, rich cream or lotion that could clog my pores. This is a nice, lightweight lotion that has a silky feel to it. It feels very nice and makes my skin super soft. Other moisturizers I have tried have left my skin looking greasy and shiny, while this one leaves my skin hydrated, but not shiny/greasy at all. For Retin A treated skin, this still isn't enough in terms of moisturizing capabilities so I do add a layer of jojoba oil on top, however for non-treated skin this would likely do quite well. It has not caused any reactions or acne breakouts and it has a lot of anti-irritants and skin-soothing ingredients, which were attractive to me since my skin is so dry and sensitive right now. It is also fragrance-free and doesn't contain any irritating plant oils/extracts that a lot of other brands use. My skin has been improving since I started using this and although it's a bit on the pricey side I will likely repurchase. I also use the FAB mattifying gel under this product and together they work great to hydrate and soothe my skin.

on 4/9/2018 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

My face was going through a dry phase for someone with combo skin during the winter. I am also very acne prone and weary of certain oil ingredients. I was recommended this. It's a reasonably good moisturizer, maybe not quite moisturizing enough in my drier spots on my cheeks and mouth area. I do find it does make me a bit "dewy" within the hour of applying. It doesn't seem to irritate my skin. It has surprisingly lasted me longer than I expected. Will keep looking for the holy grail!

on 3/31/2018 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Very lightweight. Moisturizes well. Did not broke me out. I have acne prone oily sensitive skin. This one I put in the night. Another plus is it's not that expensive. I'm happy with this product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I liked the idea of the ingredients in this moisturizer, but my face burned every time I put this on. It left my skin feeling plump and well moisturized but also very hot and sensitized. For someone who doesn't have sensitive skin, this seems like it would be a great product, but it's not for me. It absorbs quickly, sits great under make up, and doesn't pill either.

Packaging was pretty great - airless pump packaging is hygienic and pumped out almost all of the product. It was also easy to disassemble to get the last use out of the packaging. I wish a pump dispensed less product though.

I've been using this moisturizer for about a week now and I've got to say I can already see a difference. My skin has gotten drier as I have aged so my skin care routine has shifted away from combo to moisturizing. I have tried several different combinations to get my skin back to some sort of normalcy and the associate at Ulta recommended this. It's really good. One pump and it covers my entire face completely. It soaks into my skin so nicely, making my skin feel soft, supple and smooth. And it feels that way all day. Dare I say that it helps my primer hold my make up even better? I think it does. At night I use the repair cream. Both contain colloidal oatmeal so you are getting some major repair help. It's my new HG moisturizer.

on 1/9/2018 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

My skin has been slowly getting dryer the more I creep into my 20s, and this worked great on my skin in the summer, when it's all hot and humid. In the winter my skin dries out drastically, and this unfortunately hasn't been enough. I plan on finishing up the bottle and perhaps repurchasing for the summer, but I have currently hunting for a moisturizer that can battle the looming doom of prematurely wrinkling.

on 10/21/2017 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I used 3 sample sizes of this during the spring and summer. I havent tried it in the winter yet so Im not sure if it is great for dry skin folks during the winter. I do like it though for underneath the makeup. I use it at night as well with Tarte maracuja oil and theyre great together. There is no scent. I was definitely surprised with this product in a sense that I didnt think I would like it. Its a common find in alot of skincare value sets in Sephora. I would recommend but may not rebuy until I use up alot of my stash of skincare.

on 10/13/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'm surprised there aren't more reviews for this moisturiser. This is my new go-to, because I know it will provide my skin with moisture and is not only gentle but actually feels soothing, which is fantastic for me as I have really ridiculously sensitive skin.

The only drawbacks IMO are:

- it is perhaps a little too lightweight for normal-dry skin*
-it is a little pricey for the volume you get (pf course this is relative depending on what you're used to paying)

*for reference I DO have dryish skin, however I am also prone to acne if I use heavier moisturisers.

To wrap up: I will repurchase this because I love how it feels on my skin, and that it doesn't cause any irritation. However, I'm going to invest in a hyaluronic acid booster/serum to layer under this for extra moisture without risking breakouts.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I discovered this gem at Sephora (with some reservation as I did not care much for the FAB Ultra Repair Cream) and it quickly became my HG moisturizer- a nice, simple moisturizer for my rosacea-prone, sensitive dry skin. The packaging is sanitary and no-fuss, and the product mixes well with serums and facial oils. A bonus is that it sits well under foundation.

For the last few months, I was dealing with a mild case of perioral dermatitis, and this was the only moisturizer I used. Since switching to this moisturizer and stripping down my skincare routine, my skin has cleared up completely.

The only negative is that it is somewhat pricey for such a simple product.

Can't recommend this moisturizer enough for sensitive skin!