Origins Ginger souffle

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
No Image

3.4

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 11/23/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I know scent is a personal preference - but to me this smells bad. It just smells sharp and like some cleaning product to me. I got a sample while shopping and when I used it one night, the sheets stank of this and I could smell it in the morning too. My husband (who loves ginger) complained about the scent as well saying it was "chemical and weird". . .and he usually does not even notice any scent on me.

Also it is sticky and tacky, my legs felt like there was a layer of slime after I put this on. Didn't absorb or moisturise well. I wanted to shower about an hour after applying. Thank god I didn't buy a full size. I would recommend getting a sample and trying it out first - because again, scent and product texture are very personal.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Ahhh, i love this product. As some people have mentioned, it is not really a deep moisturiser, but it does have a lovely soft, smooth texture to it that is simply unbeatable. Also, if you have oilier skin like me, this is definitely the way to go in summer... you don't want to be slathered in something oily. I love this stuff! I first started out when I got a little sample tube of it, and it was simply heavenly. The smell is amazing, the texture is very different to that of a cream or moisturiser... wow. It's really great.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My staple for years. I love the smell, the feel, and how it goes with every fragrance I own. Love, love, love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this as a part of a gift set when Origins was having a promotion for their Ginger range. I was utterly crazy about the Ginger Essence and when told I could have the fragrance as well as the scrub, shampoo and body souffle for a fraction of the usual retail price, I jumped at the chance and bought the set. When I finally got around to using the souffle, I found that it smelled utterly divine in the tub but overly spicy with slight bitter overtones on my skin. Highly disappointing as I was expecting a more citrusy sort of ginger. Because I know how expensive a tub of this stuff is, I decided to suffer it out and use it anyway, layering it with L'Occitane's Verbena fragrance which achieved the 'citrusy-gingery' effect I had wanted. On the plus side, the consistency and texture of this souffle is gorgeous, I really like the fluffy whipped feel of it. Sadly, it doesn't absorb at all well and leaves a nasty greasy film on my skin. The packaging isn't all that impressive either. I generally dislike tubs as I find the whole idea of dipping fingers into cream both unsanitary and impractical. A pump dispenser would be heaps more effective. On the whole, I'm glad I got this as part of a gift set as I would never ever pay full price for the souffle on its own. Weird scent (on my skin anyway), dubious moisturizing properties, dodgy packaging, ghastly price....yep, never ever!

on 12/5/2003 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff!!! The texture of this stuff is to die for and the smell ... yum. Unfortunately is is highly overpriced and I can never really afford to get it (there are so many other things on my wish list). But! My friend Ana introduced me to Skin Souffle (Exotic East being my favourite). You can get it at splashbathandbody.com for about $16. Yea!