ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

4.2

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 2/4/2013 10:23:00 PM

I really like the ginger perfume by Origins, so I bought a set with the shower gel and the cream. Unfortunately for me, the cream does almost nothing in terms of moisturization. I think maybe there is too much fragrance in the cream for it to be moisturizing, but I always have to layer on extra cream afterwards. Other than that, I love the scent and I like how the packaging is made of a flexible plastic (that you can take a lot of the air out of) to save space.

on 1/10/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ginger essence is a strong scent - but its better as a souffle - nice texture and a gingery-lemony bite. Not too harsh. Not a HG but OK for a while. Good in the winter.

on 2/21/2011 9:04:00 PM

You have to smell it yourself to decide if you like the scent; that's just personal preference. I LOVE it and so does my husband. So we're happy!

As a reference point for the fragrance the following essential oils are ingredients:
-ginger
-sweet orange
-bergamont
-grapefruit
-lemon

So we're talking concentrated citrus/spicy fragrance. Based off of some others' reviews, that's not everyone's cup o tea. But hey, I hate Chanel no5 and every other florally, sugary VS perfume that dominates that market. Different strokes for different folks.

As for function, the product is perfect for winter dry skin on my legs and elbows. I use it on my legs after I shave and then I go to bed. It's very moisturizing. I have used it for the past 5 years, every winter. I will keep using it.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Ahhh, i love this product. As some people have mentioned, it is not really a deep moisturiser, but it does have a lovely soft, smooth texture to it that is simply unbeatable. Also, if you have oilier skin like me, this is definitely the way to go in summer... you don't want to be slathered in something oily. I love this stuff! I first started out when I got a little sample tube of it, and it was simply heavenly. The smell is amazing, the texture is very different to that of a cream or moisturiser... wow. It's really great.

on 6/8/2009 9:20:00 PM

The smell of this product is incredible. Combined with the Ginger Essence is just great! It is super moisturizing. I apply it all over after a shower in the early morning, and it smells all day long. I would definitely buy this product again if I run out. The smell is absolutely great!

on 8/11/2008 7:24:00 AM

I bought this to go with the ginger essence as I'm a great believer in layering. I love the ginger fragrance in the essence and this does carry over into the souffle. It has quite a lot of fragrance in it - the bathroom smells heavenly after I've used it. Unfortunately it doesn't last very long though.
As a body lotion it's not very moisturizing and that's my main gripe about it although I would buy it again just for the fragrance. It's like a fairly thin hand cream whereas I prefer something of the consistency of a body butter. It's quite expensive too if you want to slather it on - which there is a tendency to do in order to get more moisturizing out of it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I normally use Kiss My Face Chamomile and Honey body lotion and like it a lot. But I really like their ginger bodywash products and got the ginger souffle in a squeeze tube as a gift pack and found that I enjoy it a lot. I alternate between the KMF and this product as I live in a very cold/dry winter climate and my skin can dry out horribly. This keeps my skin feeling soft and I like the scent. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is that I HATE dipping my hand in a tub for lotion; I don't find it as sanitary and I don't like getting lotion lodged under my fingernails. However, you can occasionally get this in a squeeze tube (usually with a promotional kit) and I absolutely LOVE it. If they offered that option as a stand alone product, I would give it 5 lippies.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff.. in fact I'm overdue for another tub of this. This smells great, works for hours, and gives you a tingle on your skin. Also, this has never stung my legs if I put it on after shaving. All in all, a great product.

on 12/4/2007 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have been using the Whipped Body Souffle for years now, and all I can say is how much I love it. The warm, spicy scent, gently lingers all day, and the light moisturizing effect has always worked well for me. Today, I purchased the Ginger Rush creme, a richer, creamier version of the lighter body souffle. OMG....what a delicious treat for dry, winter skin!!! This is as luxurious as it gets...creamy, rich, moisturizing, silky, non-greasy, and smells as yummy as the original! The creme is perfect for my dry winter skin, but I doubt I would use it in the warmer months. It is slightly more expensive than the souflle ($6 more for the same size?), but you use much less to get the same moisturizing effect. I think it may be a limited edition for the 2007 holiday season, so if you think you want it....go out and get it now!

on 10/3/2007 9:09:00 PM

i received this for free as a sample. it smells amazing and its super nice.

Popular Lotions / Creams