ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

3.7

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 5/22/2011 2:38:00 PM

To think I was going to spend $30+ online to buy this - so glad I smelled it first! I usually love ginger but this smells a little funky to me. Its more like a citrusy ginger, and I don't really care for it. I'm sure its moisturizing properties are excellent, as Origins is a great brand but the scent is blegh for me. But others love it, so give it a smell for yourself - just don't buy online! The scent is really strong and you may be turned off. I recommend going into Origins [free facials right now too :D] and testing...while you're their try out the Lavender soufflé, the smell is divine!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love Origins ginger products. The smell is absolutely magnificent! And the lotion has a great light non greasy feel. If your prone to dry skin, however, it may leave something to be desired for your thirsty skin. It's really better for summer or those you don't need to much moister. And I don't really like the packaging. I prefer easy to handle tubes or a nice pump dispenser instead of a big awkward tub. Overall though, I love it! The smell is fantastic and it feels great.

on 11/11/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm almost through my jar of this product. I must say, when applying it, it really does feel like you're treating your skin to soemthing luxurious. I love the smell of ginger and it has a lovely creamy texture.

Problem is, the smell doesn't last! Not even hints of it! Each time I apply about 2 hours later any whiff of this lovely scent has evaporated. It is also not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. It may work nicely as a summer moisturizer, but it's a little pricey for me to buy this product again since I really didn't love it.

The ingredient list is also on the long side for my tastes.

on 5/9/2008 10:58:00 AM

One of my all time favorite lotions in feel and scent. I got a Origins Ginger gift basket for my birthday 12 years ago and have been hooked ever since. The souffle is quite thick and moisturizing .

on 1/20/2008 7:19:00 PM

This lotion is amazing. The smell is what I love most. It does a great job making my skin feel soft and silky without leaving any residue. Will buy again.

on 8/1/2007 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've been using this for years. LOVE it. And hubby loves it!!! Interesting smell, maybe not for everyone, but it moistrurizes wonderfuly, and I can't get enough of the smell. Have it in the bubble bath too. Way to expensive, but a tub does last me a crazy long time!!!

on 6/29/2007 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The lotion's ok, but the smell is too medicine-y for my taste.

on 1/29/2007 1:13:00 PM

As much as I LOVE this scent, I did not like this cream. The formulation was..weird. It felt sticky/tacky to me. I can't stand the feel of it.

on 10/28/2006 7:51:00 PM

I love this stuff! I don't use it much in warm weather, but once it turns Fall I bring it out again. It's not too strong for me, but I use it by itself without layering the fragrance on top. Moisturizing qualities are great and it rubs in smoothly on the skin. Usually I'm a straight floral kind of gal, but this stuff just gets me. I've had some compliments from guys too, so that's an added bonus!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

First off, I reall love origins.. have a whole shelf of the stuff. and i really love the ginger line. So when this came out I bought it with a quickness. Smell makes me smile, I love that it has a shimmer to it. Unfortunately it doesnt really moisturize, just feels good for an hour or so then you realize that you have this sticky film on your skin. I can literally rub it off my skin when I wear it. I hate that I spent the money on this and that it smells so good because I've almost made myself layer it under the ginger with a twist spray so the spray will last longer but everytime I regret it and just want to wash it off because of the film it leaves. don't buy it!