ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.9

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 9/1/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was one of Oprah's Favorite Things on her end of the year Favorite Things episodes. When I saw her on TV proclaiming that she could lick herself after putting this on, I thought if it's good enough for a billionaire, it's good enough for M2JS!

I am in love with the light whipped texture of this cream. It's not a heavy greasy cream. It absorbs quickly. The smell is divine. It's a lovely ginger smell without being overpowering. One caveat. I don't have an ultra sensitive sense of smell. If you are sensitive to scents, smell this at the store before buying it. This isn't some heavy duty moisturizer. If you have really dry skin this isn't the product for you. It's good for normal skin. I don't care for the packaging. I wish this came in a pump instead of a round top container. I feel like I'm contaminating the entire container each time I dip my hands inside.

on 11/23/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I know scent is a personal preference - but to me this smells bad. It just smells sharp and like some cleaning product to me. I got a sample while shopping and when I used it one night, the sheets stank of this and I could smell it in the morning too. My husband (who loves ginger) complained about the scent as well saying it was "chemical and weird". . .and he usually does not even notice any scent on me.

Also it is sticky and tacky, my legs felt like there was a layer of slime after I put this on. Didn't absorb or moisturise well. I wanted to shower about an hour after applying. Thank god I didn't buy a full size. I would recommend getting a sample and trying it out first - because again, scent and product texture are very personal.

I dislike and have intolerance to artificial perfumes.

I can tolerate this Ginger Souffle with no problem. It smells fantastic on the skin and is subtle. As far as moisturizing ability, I'd rate it about an 8 out of 10.

Sometimes I also mix it with my unscented Alba Botanica just to make the container last a little longer. I think this runs about $28 for the plastic jar.

I've also tried the Ginger Essence spray and that's very strong and lasts all day, so be careful with that...it can be overwhelming.

on 9/19/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells wonderful, very expensive and it's not a great moisturizer. I gave it a "four" because of the scent and the fact that it is a long lasting scent. I love the entire Origins Ginger line, especially the body scrub.

on 9/4/2009 1:32:00 AM

Generally I hate the smell of ginger-fragranced products but this one is simply just too good! I love the way the ginger-citrus smell lingers but is not over-powering. One gripe though, its humid here and the souffle does cause my skin to get a bit sticky when I go outdoors during lunchtime. Other than that, it is really great for the office airconditioning, gets rid of my flaky elbow problem.

on 5/5/2009 12:11:00 PM

I love the smell! But I am having a hard time finding out why I paid so much money for it. I really wanted it because my best friend used to use it in high school, and I wanted it ever since. The texture is interesting. I never had a body butter or souffle, so this was new to me. It does not feel greasy or anything but I am still debating whether or not it is very moisturizing. I think it is quite luxurious, but the scent does not last very long, so that is a bit frustrating. I think it is a nice lotion/moisturizer whatever, but definitely not worth the price. It is not like you just use a dot and you are set, so you will use this up quicke than you thought if you are an avid applier. If it was cheaper, I would think about purchasing it again, but I doubt that will ever happen, and since I have gone "green" with my body products, I am fine using jojoba oil or whatever.

on 11/12/2008 9:38:00 PM

Origins has made me rethink my feelings on ginger scents. All other companies I've tried ( Thymes, BBW's Pure Simplicity) totally turned me off the scent, but this particular formula is divine. It must be the citrus notes I can detect within. As far as moisturizing abilities, it's middle of the road, but I like that it's not as thick as body butter. I find myself absentmindedly applying it as I sit at home. LOVE!

on 11/12/2008 8:42:00 AM

i love the ginger range from origins and i have the fragrance.this souffle isnt really rich enough for me and although it smells great on application,it sort of changes throughout the day....to a sort of wilted ginger scent!
buy the fragrance instead ladies.

on 9/6/2008 4:10:00 PM

I love the smell of ginger, but this lotion does not last very long. However, it absorbs really quickly and isn't too greasy. I've got other lotions that work the same, and the smell isn't enough to keep me buying it.

I had been meaning to buy Origins' citrusy spinoff of this, "Ginger With A Twist," but I waited so long that now that line is only available in the UK (w/ assorted products sometimes on Ebay)! So I was considering going w/ the straight ginger line, consisting of this moisturizing cream & the Ginger Essence spray. Luckily my local Origins gave me a small sample tub of Ginger Souffle to check out, because it SO convinced me to NOT splurge on the full size tub & fragrance spray. Don't get me wrong, a whiff of this fragrance is refreshing & cool - it reminds me of aromatherapeutic oils that I've had used on me during massages, & the cream has lovely moisturizing qualities. But using this for a couple weeks made me realize that this fragrance is just not something I'd want to slather all over myself in this moisturizer, nor spray on. I enjoyed using the sample up, it was nice to check out for a bit, but I'm glad it caused me to cross something off my wishlist.

Popular Lotions / Creams