ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.9

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When I use this body cream I automatically feel healthier, like the ginger is reinvigorating my senses and suddenly my metabolism is awakening! Hahah! This is true though, at first I thought the scent was a little too pungent and I'm sure it's not to everyone's tastes. But not being a sugary, sweet, cakey kind of person myself this scent really warmed to me. Although I sound like I am reviewing some kind of perfume here there is also much to be said for the moisturizing properties of this product! The cream is rich in skin-nourishing oils and after a couple days of using this product I can really feel a difference! When I apply the product it only takes 30 seconds, up to a minute, to settle in to my skin and then I am not left with a sticky residue, as I have read in some other reviews, but a velvety smooth, sleek finish. It is one of the only moisturizers where I can really, truly feel the difference in my skin's texture, appearance and overall well-being in a matter of days. I am truly a convert and will no longer be lusting after the sickly sweet, Palmer's Cocoa Butter, or Laura Mercier's Body Creams but for the gingery, heavenly, fresh Origins Ginger Souffle.... My only disappointment with this product is that the tubs aren't bigger! Where is the large, pump bottle for this product Origins? I always seem to run out as soon as I've bought it! I will be on your case over this one!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am not a fan of this product. I had read such positive reviews that I thought that I would love it. First of all, I don't like the scent. It is kind of a sickly weird smell to me. It is too strong to wear during the day because it fights with perfume, so in order to try to use up the product I began applying it to my legs at night so that I didn't smell it so much.
The moisturizer/souffle itself is very disappointing as well.
It sits on top of the skin even with massaging--never really absorbed to hydrate and leaves a sticky, tacky texture on top.

Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing this one.

I got my hands on a very small size of this. I tried it for the zingy fresh smell of it. Warning-this is heavily fragranced. I would say that is works okay as far as lotions go, and is moderate in its moisturizing abilities. Once I applied it to my skin, is was not what I imagined, however. It has an astringent property that bothered my nose. My bf thought I smelled like bathroom cleaner and I had to agree. The ginger spiciness was nice but the citrus notes were too sharp and unnatural smelling to my nose.

I also think it was very overpriced for what it did for my skin. One positive is it did not give me a rash, which many lotions do. I would recommend trying it on your skin before buying rather than only sniffing the tester.

I love the light scent and the texture is easily spreadable. I read that this smell is an aphrodisiac. My boyfriend doesn't like most fragrances I wear. We'll see how this works!
UPDATE: My room is in the basement of our house and there is terrible circulation. The scent of this cream is so strong and as the day goes on, it starts to STINK!!! My boyfriend thought a cat peed in our room during the day. We don't have a cat.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't like scented lotions, and generally only use drugstore ones, but Origins' body lotions are the best part of their line. This one is my favorite and is the only scented body product I'll use. The fragrance is gorgeous-- rich, natural, and melts into your skin without being "loud". It's one of those deeply comforting fragrances. The cream itself is very moisturizing and makes skin incredibly soft-- lasts all day. The texture is perfect, very spreadable. In short, I hope to never be without this stuff. It pairs very well with the incredible spreadable scrub, which is very moisturizing, but you don't necessarily need both.

on 11/3/2007 7:32:00 PM

THE BEST!!!!!! it smells absolutely amazing! you get a huge amount for the price! i use this and then the ginger essence and YUM-O!! Will repurchase forever!

on 7/3/2007 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have to admit, I was obsessed with this for a while. I absolutely love the smell of all of Origins Ginger line & have owned pretty much all of it at one time or another. While I continue to buy this because of the scent, I have to say, I don't find it even remotely moisturizing. Admittedly, my skin is very, very dry, so I'm pretty picky about moisturizers anyway, but I look at this product as a really big tub of perfume & leave it at that. I also find it fairly expensive for a cream with no moisturizing properties. Having said all of that, I know I will buy it again as I really do love the smell.

on 5/5/2007 6:00:00 AM

Great moisturiser, shame it's not in a pump bottle but I guess it could be too thick for that. I love the scent so much & it moisturises really well. I don't use it everday as I think it's too expensive (20) and I prefer Palmers for everyday use anyway.

on 1/12/2007 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My sister gave this to me and I like the texture, but not the smell. It reminds me of sushi.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

My mom loves this stuff and got me addicted instantly when I smelled it a couple years ago. I love the whole line of ginger products!