ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
No Image

3.9

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 9/1/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was one of Oprah's Favorite Things on her end of the year Favorite Things episodes. When I saw her on TV proclaiming that she could lick herself after putting this on, I thought if it's good enough for a billionaire, it's good enough for M2JS!

I am in love with the light whipped texture of this cream. It's not a heavy greasy cream. It absorbs quickly. The smell is divine. It's a lovely ginger smell without being overpowering. One caveat. I don't have an ultra sensitive sense of smell. If you are sensitive to scents, smell this at the store before buying it. This isn't some heavy duty moisturizer. If you have really dry skin this isn't the product for you. It's good for normal skin. I don't care for the packaging. I wish this came in a pump instead of a round top container. I feel like I'm contaminating the entire container each time I dip my hands inside.

on 1/10/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Ginger essence is a strong scent - but its better as a souffle - nice texture and a gingery-lemony bite. Not too harsh. Not a HG but OK for a while. Good in the winter.

on 5/22/2011 2:38:00 PM

To think I was going to spend $30+ online to buy this - so glad I smelled it first! I usually love ginger but this smells a little funky to me. Its more like a citrusy ginger, and I don't really care for it. I'm sure its moisturizing properties are excellent, as Origins is a great brand but the scent is blegh for me. But others love it, so give it a smell for yourself - just don't buy online! The scent is really strong and you may be turned off. I recommend going into Origins [free facials right now too :D] and testing...while you're their try out the Lavender soufflé, the smell is divine!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love Origins ginger products. The smell is absolutely magnificent! And the lotion has a great light non greasy feel. If your prone to dry skin, however, it may leave something to be desired for your thirsty skin. It's really better for summer or those you don't need to much moister. And I don't really like the packaging. I prefer easy to handle tubes or a nice pump dispenser instead of a big awkward tub. Overall though, I love it! The smell is fantastic and it feels great.

on 11/11/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm almost through my jar of this product. I must say, when applying it, it really does feel like you're treating your skin to soemthing luxurious. I love the smell of ginger and it has a lovely creamy texture.

Problem is, the smell doesn't last! Not even hints of it! Each time I apply about 2 hours later any whiff of this lovely scent has evaporated. It is also not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. It may work nicely as a summer moisturizer, but it's a little pricey for me to buy this product again since I really didn't love it.

The ingredient list is also on the long side for my tastes.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Ahhh, i love this product. As some people have mentioned, it is not really a deep moisturiser, but it does have a lovely soft, smooth texture to it that is simply unbeatable. Also, if you have oilier skin like me, this is definitely the way to go in summer... you don't want to be slathered in something oily. I love this stuff! I first started out when I got a little sample tube of it, and it was simply heavenly. The smell is amazing, the texture is very different to that of a cream or moisturiser... wow. It's really great.

on 9/19/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells wonderful, very expensive and it's not a great moisturizer. I gave it a "four" because of the scent and the fact that it is a long lasting scent. I love the entire Origins Ginger line, especially the body scrub.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I normally use Kiss My Face Chamomile and Honey body lotion and like it a lot. But I really like their ginger bodywash products and got the ginger souffle in a squeeze tube as a gift pack and found that I enjoy it a lot. I alternate between the KMF and this product as I live in a very cold/dry winter climate and my skin can dry out horribly. This keeps my skin feeling soft and I like the scent. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is that I HATE dipping my hand in a tub for lotion; I don't find it as sanitary and I don't like getting lotion lodged under my fingernails. However, you can occasionally get this in a squeeze tube (usually with a promotional kit) and I absolutely LOVE it. If they offered that option as a stand alone product, I would give it 5 lippies.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff.. in fact I'm overdue for another tub of this. This smells great, works for hours, and gives you a tingle on your skin. Also, this has never stung my legs if I put it on after shaving. All in all, a great product.

on 12/4/2007 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I have been using the Whipped Body Souffle for years now, and all I can say is how much I love it. The warm, spicy scent, gently lingers all day, and the light moisturizing effect has always worked well for me. Today, I purchased the Ginger Rush creme, a richer, creamier version of the lighter body souffle. OMG....what a delicious treat for dry, winter skin!!! This is as luxurious as it gets...creamy, rich, moisturizing, silky, non-greasy, and smells as yummy as the original! The creme is perfect for my dry winter skin, but I doubt I would use it in the warmer months. It is slightly more expensive than the souflle ($6 more for the same size?), but you use much less to get the same moisturizing effect. I think it may be a limited edition for the 2007 holiday season, so if you think you want it....go out and get it now!

Popular Lotions / Creams