Origins Ginger souffle

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

3.8

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 11/23/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I know scent is a personal preference - but to me this smells bad. It just smells sharp and like some cleaning product to me. I got a sample while shopping and when I used it one night, the sheets stank of this and I could smell it in the morning too. My husband (who loves ginger) complained about the scent as well saying it was "chemical and weird". . .and he usually does not even notice any scent on me.

Also it is sticky and tacky, my legs felt like there was a layer of slime after I put this on. Didn't absorb or moisturise well. I wanted to shower about an hour after applying. Thank god I didn't buy a full size. I would recommend getting a sample and trying it out first - because again, scent and product texture are very personal.

on 2/4/2013 10:23:00 PM

I really like the ginger perfume by Origins, so I bought a set with the shower gel and the cream. Unfortunately for me, the cream does almost nothing in terms of moisturization. I think maybe there is too much fragrance in the cream for it to be moisturizing, but I always have to layer on extra cream afterwards. Other than that, I love the scent and I like how the packaging is made of a flexible plastic (that you can take a lot of the air out of) to save space.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am not a fan of this product. I had read such positive reviews that I thought that I would love it. First of all, I don't like the scent. It is kind of a sickly weird smell to me. It is too strong to wear during the day because it fights with perfume, so in order to try to use up the product I began applying it to my legs at night so that I didn't smell it so much.
The moisturizer/souffle itself is very disappointing as well.
It sits on top of the skin even with massaging--never really absorbed to hydrate and leaves a sticky, tacky texture on top.

Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing this one.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't like scented lotions, and generally only use drugstore ones, but Origins' body lotions are the best part of their line. This one is my favorite and is the only scented body product I'll use. The fragrance is gorgeous-- rich, natural, and melts into your skin without being "loud". It's one of those deeply comforting fragrances. The cream itself is very moisturizing and makes skin incredibly soft-- lasts all day. The texture is perfect, very spreadable. In short, I hope to never be without this stuff. It pairs very well with the incredible spreadable scrub, which is very moisturizing, but you don't necessarily need both.

on 1/20/2008 7:19:00 PM

This lotion is amazing. The smell is what I love most. It does a great job making my skin feel soft and silky without leaving any residue. Will buy again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My staple for years. I love the smell, the feel, and how it goes with every fragrance I own. Love, love, love it!

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The Origins Ginger essence line of products are among my favorite bath & body items. This body cream is really more the consistency of a light lotion. The scent is somewhat diluted compared to the matching bath gel. This smells like ginger and citrus, which I really like. It is a decent lightweight moisturizer.

on 3/1/2006 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this hand cream with a Gloss order, and although I love how moisturizing and light it is, the smell is an incredible turn-off. It's so damn strong! My boyfriend hates it, my office-mates hate it ("What is that smell!?!??!"), and although I can usually deal with intense scents, this is off the charts. I will probably pitch my sample tube before it's finished...shame, because the consistency and moisturizing properties are fabulous.

on 1/20/2006 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am completely addicted to this cream! The ginger scent is heavenly...light, warm & soft (not at all floral). It moisturizes my skin perfectly, but then I don't have dry skin. It has a rich & creamy texture, and it's not thick or greasy in any way. It absorbs right into my skin & leaves it soft & lightly scented. I have VERY sensitive skin, & I can use this anywhere on my body without any irritation. I've been using this for over a year, & will continue to purchase...can't help it...I'm addicted to it!

on 3/24/2005 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i'm giving this a '4' because it's a high quality product that is very pleasing in texture and delivers a good light moisturizing. i can't give it a '5' because i'm not partial to warmer, spicy scents and much prefer the grapefruit souffle. that said, this is a very true ginger scent and would definitely please those who lean in that direction! in agreement with prior posts, the tub is rather unhygienic and i'd prefer a tube or bottle.

Popular Lotions / Creams