ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
No Image

3.7

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

I dislike and have intolerance to artificial perfumes.

I can tolerate this Ginger Souffle with no problem. It smells fantastic on the skin and is subtle. As far as moisturizing ability, I'd rate it about an 8 out of 10.

Sometimes I also mix it with my unscented Alba Botanica just to make the container last a little longer. I think this runs about $28 for the plastic jar.

I've also tried the Ginger Essence spray and that's very strong and lasts all day, so be careful with that...it can be overwhelming.

on 5/22/2011 2:38:00 PM

To think I was going to spend $30+ online to buy this - so glad I smelled it first! I usually love ginger but this smells a little funky to me. Its more like a citrusy ginger, and I don't really care for it. I'm sure its moisturizing properties are excellent, as Origins is a great brand but the scent is blegh for me. But others love it, so give it a smell for yourself - just don't buy online! The scent is really strong and you may be turned off. I recommend going into Origins [free facials right now too :D] and testing...while you're their try out the Lavender soufflé, the smell is divine!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am not a fan of this product. I had read such positive reviews that I thought that I would love it. First of all, I don't like the scent. It is kind of a sickly weird smell to me. It is too strong to wear during the day because it fights with perfume, so in order to try to use up the product I began applying it to my legs at night so that I didn't smell it so much.
The moisturizer/souffle itself is very disappointing as well.
It sits on top of the skin even with massaging--never really absorbed to hydrate and leaves a sticky, tacky texture on top.

Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing this one.

on 11/11/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm almost through my jar of this product. I must say, when applying it, it really does feel like you're treating your skin to soemthing luxurious. I love the smell of ginger and it has a lovely creamy texture.

Problem is, the smell doesn't last! Not even hints of it! Each time I apply about 2 hours later any whiff of this lovely scent has evaporated. It is also not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. It may work nicely as a summer moisturizer, but it's a little pricey for me to buy this product again since I really didn't love it.

The ingredient list is also on the long side for my tastes.

on 9/19/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells wonderful, very expensive and it's not a great moisturizer. I gave it a "four" because of the scent and the fact that it is a long lasting scent. I love the entire Origins Ginger line, especially the body scrub.

on 9/4/2009 1:32:00 AM

Generally I hate the smell of ginger-fragranced products but this one is simply just too good! I love the way the ginger-citrus smell lingers but is not over-powering. One gripe though, its humid here and the souffle does cause my skin to get a bit sticky when I go outdoors during lunchtime. Other than that, it is really great for the office airconditioning, gets rid of my flaky elbow problem.

on 9/6/2008 4:10:00 PM

I love the smell of ginger, but this lotion does not last very long. However, it absorbs really quickly and isn't too greasy. I've got other lotions that work the same, and the smell isn't enough to keep me buying it.

on 4/24/2008 7:42:00 PM

It smells good, but after a while it's really overpowering. The souffle is a very nice light lotion, but I just can't stand the smell after 10 minutes.

on 3/20/2008 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really love this. i got this as a gift from my neice and it smells so great. i live in a hot country so the scent is just refreshing. it also has glimmer in it so your legs look sexy when you slather some on. i love the packaging since i can bring it anywhere and i love that it's in a container that isn't messy and won't encourage bacterial growth.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I normally use Kiss My Face Chamomile and Honey body lotion and like it a lot. But I really like their ginger bodywash products and got the ginger souffle in a squeeze tube as a gift pack and found that I enjoy it a lot. I alternate between the KMF and this product as I live in a very cold/dry winter climate and my skin can dry out horribly. This keeps my skin feeling soft and I like the scent. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is that I HATE dipping my hand in a tub for lotion; I don't find it as sanitary and I don't like getting lotion lodged under my fingernails. However, you can occasionally get this in a squeeze tube (usually with a promotional kit) and I absolutely LOVE it. If they offered that option as a stand alone product, I would give it 5 lippies.

Popular Lotions / Creams