Origins Ginger souffle

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
No Image

3.8

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When I use this body cream I automatically feel healthier, like the ginger is reinvigorating my senses and suddenly my metabolism is awakening! Hahah! This is true though, at first I thought the scent was a little too pungent and I'm sure it's not to everyone's tastes. But not being a sugary, sweet, cakey kind of person myself this scent really warmed to me. Although I sound like I am reviewing some kind of perfume here there is also much to be said for the moisturizing properties of this product! The cream is rich in skin-nourishing oils and after a couple days of using this product I can really feel a difference! When I apply the product it only takes 30 seconds, up to a minute, to settle in to my skin and then I am not left with a sticky residue, as I have read in some other reviews, but a velvety smooth, sleek finish. It is one of the only moisturizers where I can really, truly feel the difference in my skin's texture, appearance and overall well-being in a matter of days. I am truly a convert and will no longer be lusting after the sickly sweet, Palmer's Cocoa Butter, or Laura Mercier's Body Creams but for the gingery, heavenly, fresh Origins Ginger Souffle.... My only disappointment with this product is that the tubs aren't bigger! Where is the large, pump bottle for this product Origins? I always seem to run out as soon as I've bought it! I will be on your case over this one!!!

on 6/8/2009 9:20:00 PM

The smell of this product is incredible. Combined with the Ginger Essence is just great! It is super moisturizing. I apply it all over after a shower in the early morning, and it smells all day long. I would definitely buy this product again if I run out. The smell is absolutely great!

I got my hands on a very small size of this. I tried it for the zingy fresh smell of it. Warning-this is heavily fragranced. I would say that is works okay as far as lotions go, and is moderate in its moisturizing abilities. Once I applied it to my skin, is was not what I imagined, however. It has an astringent property that bothered my nose. My bf thought I smelled like bathroom cleaner and I had to agree. The ginger spiciness was nice but the citrus notes were too sharp and unnatural smelling to my nose.

I also think it was very overpriced for what it did for my skin. One positive is it did not give me a rash, which many lotions do. I would recommend trying it on your skin before buying rather than only sniffing the tester.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I normally use Kiss My Face Chamomile and Honey body lotion and like it a lot. But I really like their ginger bodywash products and got the ginger souffle in a squeeze tube as a gift pack and found that I enjoy it a lot. I alternate between the KMF and this product as I live in a very cold/dry winter climate and my skin can dry out horribly. This keeps my skin feeling soft and I like the scent. The only reason I gave it 4 lippies is that I HATE dipping my hand in a tub for lotion; I don't find it as sanitary and I don't like getting lotion lodged under my fingernails. However, you can occasionally get this in a squeeze tube (usually with a promotional kit) and I absolutely LOVE it. If they offered that option as a stand alone product, I would give it 5 lippies.

on 4/29/2006 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a good moisturizer and the smell is very different. Funny thing is that my fiancÚ has asked me twice "What's that smell, I like it". I got this as a sample and I like it alot but the price is a little to step for me to purchase on my own, but if I were to splurge on myself I would buy it but maybe only once or twice a year to pamper myself.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this as a part of a gift set when Origins was having a promotion for their Ginger range. I was utterly crazy about the Ginger Essence and when told I could have the fragrance as well as the scrub, shampoo and body souffle for a fraction of the usual retail price, I jumped at the chance and bought the set. When I finally got around to using the souffle, I found that it smelled utterly divine in the tub but overly spicy with slight bitter overtones on my skin. Highly disappointing as I was expecting a more citrusy sort of ginger. Because I know how expensive a tub of this stuff is, I decided to suffer it out and use it anyway, layering it with L'Occitane's Verbena fragrance which achieved the 'citrusy-gingery' effect I had wanted. On the plus side, the consistency and texture of this souffle is gorgeous, I really like the fluffy whipped feel of it. Sadly, it doesn't absorb at all well and leaves a nasty greasy film on my skin. The packaging isn't all that impressive either. I generally dislike tubs as I find the whole idea of dipping fingers into cream both unsanitary and impractical. A pump dispenser would be heaps more effective. On the whole, I'm glad I got this as part of a gift set as I would never ever pay full price for the souffle on its own. Weird scent (on my skin anyway), dubious moisturizing properties, dodgy packaging, ghastly price....yep, never ever!

I love how this product smells and wish Origins' corresponding EDT smelled exactly like this, but the EDT isn't as "sweet". This is a good moisturizer, but something about its "slip" makes me not like to feel it on the palms of my hands or soles of my feet. The smell is just amazing though, so I may repurchase in the future.

on 12/15/2003 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I would give this 4.5 if I could but can't give it 5 as it doesn't *wow* me in the way LM creme brulee does. However, it is extremely usable- nice creamy texture that absorbs well into skin (better than most lotions and potions) and lovely ginger/citrus/sweet tart smell. Quite a shock to the nose actually. Almost makes me sneeze! So yeah, a really nice souffle (not exactly the texture i expected actually- souffles are usually like mousse bit this is more like creamy sorbet) and I will buy again- although this pot looks like it will last a while and besides, I want to see what else Origins has to offer!

on 11/10/2003 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Really nice texture and I love the smell in the jar, but the scent fades out way too quickly once it's applied. With more staying power it might be worth the price, but not as it stands.

on 6/21/2003 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This smells great.I got it for Christmas and I still have half of it. I only use occasionally on legs and hands as a "treat" or when I'm going somewhere special. It's so expensive, I wish it was cheaper. The scent is amazing.

Popular Lotions / Creams