ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.8

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 9/1/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This was one of Oprah's Favorite Things on her end of the year Favorite Things episodes. When I saw her on TV proclaiming that she could lick herself after putting this on, I thought if it's good enough for a billionaire, it's good enough for M2JS!

I am in love with the light whipped texture of this cream. It's not a heavy greasy cream. It absorbs quickly. The smell is divine. It's a lovely ginger smell without being overpowering. One caveat. I don't have an ultra sensitive sense of smell. If you are sensitive to scents, smell this at the store before buying it. This isn't some heavy duty moisturizer. If you have really dry skin this isn't the product for you. It's good for normal skin. I don't care for the packaging. I wish this came in a pump instead of a round top container. I feel like I'm contaminating the entire container each time I dip my hands inside.

on 11/23/2013 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I know scent is a personal preference - but to me this smells bad. It just smells sharp and like some cleaning product to me. I got a sample while shopping and when I used it one night, the sheets stank of this and I could smell it in the morning too. My husband (who loves ginger) complained about the scent as well saying it was "chemical and weird". . .and he usually does not even notice any scent on me.

Also it is sticky and tacky, my legs felt like there was a layer of slime after I put this on. Didn't absorb or moisturise well. I wanted to shower about an hour after applying. Thank god I didn't buy a full size. I would recommend getting a sample and trying it out first - because again, scent and product texture are very personal.

I dislike and have intolerance to artificial perfumes.

I can tolerate this Ginger Souffle with no problem. It smells fantastic on the skin and is subtle. As far as moisturizing ability, I'd rate it about an 8 out of 10.

Sometimes I also mix it with my unscented Alba Botanica just to make the container last a little longer. I think this runs about $28 for the plastic jar.

I've also tried the Ginger Essence spray and that's very strong and lasts all day, so be careful with that...it can be overwhelming.

on 5/22/2011 2:38:00 PM

To think I was going to spend $30+ online to buy this - so glad I smelled it first! I usually love ginger but this smells a little funky to me. Its more like a citrusy ginger, and I don't really care for it. I'm sure its moisturizing properties are excellent, as Origins is a great brand but the scent is blegh for me. But others love it, so give it a smell for yourself - just don't buy online! The scent is really strong and you may be turned off. I recommend going into Origins [free facials right now too :D] and testing...while you're their try out the Lavender soufflé, the smell is divine!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am not a fan of this product. I had read such positive reviews that I thought that I would love it. First of all, I don't like the scent. It is kind of a sickly weird smell to me. It is too strong to wear during the day because it fights with perfume, so in order to try to use up the product I began applying it to my legs at night so that I didn't smell it so much.
The moisturizer/souffle itself is very disappointing as well.
It sits on top of the skin even with massaging--never really absorbed to hydrate and leaves a sticky, tacky texture on top.

Needless to say, I won't be repurchasing this one.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love Origins ginger products. The smell is absolutely magnificent! And the lotion has a great light non greasy feel. If your prone to dry skin, however, it may leave something to be desired for your thirsty skin. It's really better for summer or those you don't need to much moister. And I don't really like the packaging. I prefer easy to handle tubes or a nice pump dispenser instead of a big awkward tub. Overall though, I love it! The smell is fantastic and it feels great.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Ahhh, i love this product. As some people have mentioned, it is not really a deep moisturiser, but it does have a lovely soft, smooth texture to it that is simply unbeatable. Also, if you have oilier skin like me, this is definitely the way to go in summer... you don't want to be slathered in something oily. I love this stuff! I first started out when I got a little sample tube of it, and it was simply heavenly. The smell is amazing, the texture is very different to that of a cream or moisturiser... wow. It's really great.

on 5/5/2009 12:11:00 PM

I love the smell! But I am having a hard time finding out why I paid so much money for it. I really wanted it because my best friend used to use it in high school, and I wanted it ever since. The texture is interesting. I never had a body butter or souffle, so this was new to me. It does not feel greasy or anything but I am still debating whether or not it is very moisturizing. I think it is quite luxurious, but the scent does not last very long, so that is a bit frustrating. I think it is a nice lotion/moisturizer whatever, but definitely not worth the price. It is not like you just use a dot and you are set, so you will use this up quicke than you thought if you are an avid applier. If it was cheaper, I would think about purchasing it again, but I doubt that will ever happen, and since I have gone "green" with my body products, I am fine using jojoba oil or whatever.

on 2/12/2009 1:12:00 AM

Yum ,yum and double yum ! I love this - it's gorgoeusly scented and it is moisturising. Nice tub of good savory ginger .Next in line for me to try is Ginger Rush ....here I come ....

on 11/12/2008 9:38:00 PM

Origins has made me rethink my feelings on ginger scents. All other companies I've tried ( Thymes, BBW's Pure Simplicity) totally turned me off the scent, but this particular formula is divine. It must be the citrus notes I can detect within. As far as moisturizing abilities, it's middle of the road, but I like that it's not as thick as body butter. I find myself absentmindedly applying it as I sit at home. LOVE!