ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

4.2

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 12/30/2003 6:37:00 PM

I tried this a few years ago with all the Oprah hype and loved it. Ran out, forgot about it, then tried it again recently in a gift pack. This time around I find the scent much, much too strong. It now smells medicinal to me, rather than fresh and warm. Not sure if it's changed, or if I have. I will use up what I have, but have since found other creams I prefer and will not purchase again.

on 3/24/2006 11:16:00 AM

The moisturizing effect aren't as good as some of the other souffles I've tried. I mean, even my lotion moisturizes my skin better than this! I thought souffle are suppose to be more moisturizing than lotion? For the smell, it smell like PEPSI to me. Yes, Pepsi, the soda drink. All my friend said that it does smell like PEPSI after I mentioned it to them. While it does have a warm kind of spicy ginger smell, along with maybe an ultra mild citrus hint with it, it still smell like Pepsi...I would not want to wear something that smell like Pepsi on me. Overall Rating is a 3, moisturizing effect is ok (it's more for someone with oil,normal-dry skin, don't buy it if you're skin is very dry), smell is ok, and the price is crazy at 7oz for $26. I think I'm pretty fair about this...

on 3/1/2006 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this hand cream with a Gloss order, and although I love how moisturizing and light it is, the smell is an incredible turn-off. It's so damn strong! My boyfriend hates it, my office-mates hate it ("What is that smell!?!??!"), and although I can usually deal with intense scents, this is off the charts. I will probably pitch my sample tube before it's finished...shame, because the consistency and moisturizing properties are fabulous.

It is a nice creme but I prefer the other cremes. Would have hoped that this lotion felt "warming gingerly" when you apply.

on 4/18/2005 9:06:00 PM

I adore the smell of this souffle but it leaves a gross film on my body like it doesn't absorb...maybe its the tiny bit of ginger glimmer I mixed in but overall, I won't repurchase because I like my moisturizers to absorb completely.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really nice but the smell was a bit wishy washy and it really didnt moisturise that well, just gave a smothness which lasts for approx 2 minutes. plus NOT WORTH THE MOENY SO OVERPRICED

on 9/19/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells wonderful, very expensive and it's not a great moisturizer. I gave it a "four" because of the scent and the fact that it is a long lasting scent. I love the entire Origins Ginger line, especially the body scrub.

on 11/19/2008 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell so much and my SO does too. It's very strong when I put it on but disappears completely not long after. It's average in moisturizing but I don't need that much moisture from a body lotion, only my hands and other small patches. It performs just like any other lotion and I don't think it's worth getting just for the smell, considering how poor the lasting power is and how expensive that little tub is for a lotion. It does leave my skin feeling smooth. Nice for not so cold months.

on 3/24/2005 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i'm giving this a '4' because it's a high quality product that is very pleasing in texture and delivers a good light moisturizing. i can't give it a '5' because i'm not partial to warmer, spicy scents and much prefer the grapefruit souffle. that said, this is a very true ginger scent and would definitely please those who lean in that direction! in agreement with prior posts, the tub is rather unhygienic and i'd prefer a tube or bottle.

on 5/9/2008 10:58:00 AM

One of my all time favorite lotions in feel and scent. I got a Origins Ginger gift basket for my birthday 12 years ago and have been hooked ever since. The souffle is quite thick and moisturizing .

Popular Lotions / Creams