ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

4.2

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 11/19/2008 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell so much and my SO does too. It's very strong when I put it on but disappears completely not long after. It's average in moisturizing but I don't need that much moisture from a body lotion, only my hands and other small patches. It performs just like any other lotion and I don't think it's worth getting just for the smell, considering how poor the lasting power is and how expensive that little tub is for a lotion. It does leave my skin feeling smooth. Nice for not so cold months.

on 12/29/2001 3:08:00 PM

Oh my, what a completely decadent product this is! My lovely husband got this for me for Xmas, and I like it so much better than the Ginger Cloud Balm (which I returned). The souffle is thick, creamy, heavily scented, and leaves skin extremely moist and cushioned. I put this on my feet at night, and I could feel the difference as I walked around the next morning! If you like the scent and are willing to pay the $25.00 for this stuff, do not hesitate to buy it because you really can't go wrong with this product.

on 9/19/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells wonderful, very expensive and it's not a great moisturizer. I gave it a "four" because of the scent and the fact that it is a long lasting scent. I love the entire Origins Ginger line, especially the body scrub.

on 5/9/2008 10:58:00 AM

One of my all time favorite lotions in feel and scent. I got a Origins Ginger gift basket for my birthday 12 years ago and have been hooked ever since. The souffle is quite thick and moisturizing .

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My staple for years. I love the smell, the feel, and how it goes with every fragrance I own. Love, love, love it!

This is a fabulous product. The scent is invigorating. The only downside is the cost. If you like the ginger scent I suggest Habitat Naturals Ginger Chai Body Butter. I got mine at Rite Aid in California (8 oz for $9.99 ). It seems to be good quality, no petrolatum or mineral oils. You can put on the Ginger Chai first then layer with the Origins Ginger souffle. It doesn't have all the nuances of the Origins but it smells just like chai tea from Starbucks! It comes in a bath and shower foam, scrub and bath crystals too. I like them all but the body butter is my favorite. So, don't give up your Origins Ginger for this but you can supplement and extend it by layering with Habitat Naturals.

on 3/24/2006 11:16:00 AM

The moisturizing effect aren't as good as some of the other souffles I've tried. I mean, even my lotion moisturizes my skin better than this! I thought souffle are suppose to be more moisturizing than lotion? For the smell, it smell like PEPSI to me. Yes, Pepsi, the soda drink. All my friend said that it does smell like PEPSI after I mentioned it to them. While it does have a warm kind of spicy ginger smell, along with maybe an ultra mild citrus hint with it, it still smell like Pepsi...I would not want to wear something that smell like Pepsi on me. Overall Rating is a 3, moisturizing effect is ok (it's more for someone with oil,normal-dry skin, don't buy it if you're skin is very dry), smell is ok, and the price is crazy at 7oz for $26. I think I'm pretty fair about this...

on 3/1/2006 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this hand cream with a Gloss order, and although I love how moisturizing and light it is, the smell is an incredible turn-off. It's so damn strong! My boyfriend hates it, my office-mates hate it ("What is that smell!?!??!"), and although I can usually deal with intense scents, this is off the charts. I will probably pitch my sample tube before it's finished...shame, because the consistency and moisturizing properties are fabulous.

on 1/20/2006 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am completely addicted to this cream! The ginger scent is heavenly...light, warm & soft (not at all floral). It moisturizes my skin perfectly, but then I don't have dry skin. It has a rich & creamy texture, and it's not thick or greasy in any way. It absorbs right into my skin & leaves it soft & lightly scented. I have VERY sensitive skin, & I can use this anywhere on my body without any irritation. I've been using this for over a year, & will continue to purchase...can't help it...I'm addicted to it!

It is a nice creme but I prefer the other cremes. Would have hoped that this lotion felt "warming gingerly" when you apply.

Popular Lotions / Creams