Origins Ginger souffle

Filtered by age: 44-55
No Image

4.2

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

I dislike and have intolerance to artificial perfumes.

I can tolerate this Ginger Souffle with no problem. It smells fantastic on the skin and is subtle. As far as moisturizing ability, I'd rate it about an 8 out of 10.

Sometimes I also mix it with my unscented Alba Botanica just to make the container last a little longer. I think this runs about $28 for the plastic jar.

I've also tried the Ginger Essence spray and that's very strong and lasts all day, so be careful with that...it can be overwhelming.

on 9/19/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Smells wonderful, very expensive and it's not a great moisturizer. I gave it a "four" because of the scent and the fact that it is a long lasting scent. I love the entire Origins Ginger line, especially the body scrub.

on 8/11/2008 7:24:00 AM

I bought this to go with the ginger essence as I'm a great believer in layering. I love the ginger fragrance in the essence and this does carry over into the souffle. It has quite a lot of fragrance in it - the bathroom smells heavenly after I've used it. Unfortunately it doesn't last very long though.
As a body lotion it's not very moisturizing and that's my main gripe about it although I would buy it again just for the fragrance. It's like a fairly thin hand cream whereas I prefer something of the consistency of a body butter. It's quite expensive too if you want to slather it on - which there is a tendency to do in order to get more moisturizing out of it.

on 1/29/2004 11:31:00 AM

This is wonderful. It smells SO good & I love how it makes my skin glisten. When I put it on, I feel like I've just visited my favorite Origins store--I love how that place smells.

My girlfriend gave me her tub of this because she bought it and found the smell was too strong/overwhelming for her ( I in turn gave her a jar of L'Occitane Honey Face Cream I could not tolerate). I like it,its whippy and the smell has great staying power. As for the moisturizing quality I think I'll stick with L'Occitane Shea Butter Body Cream. The ginger is nice to to try but I'm afraid I won'tt dish outt the $$$ to purchase it when I run out.

on 8/18/2002 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I adore this cream. I tried some on at a counter and was incredulous to find myself spending so much on a jar of cream, but once I smelled it I had to have it! The scent evokes all things wonderful for me. Fresh and rich at the same time. The texture of it, the souffle quality, is very nice, sort of light feeling but still very moisturing. The scent is so strong that even though I accidentally left the lid off once overnight (duh!) it still smelled great the next day and had lost nothing of its scent or moistness!

Popular Lotions / Creams