ORIGINS Ginger souffle

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

3.8

Aqueous (Water, Aqua Purificata, Purified) Infusions, Orange (Citrus Aurantium) Blossoms, Myrtle (Myrtus Communis), Chamomile (Matricaria Chamomilla), Apricot (Prunus Armeniaca) Kernel Oil, Butylene Glycol, Cardamom (Elettaria Cardamomum), Coriander (Coriandrum Sativum), Eucalyptus (Eucalyptus Citriodora), Ginger (Zingiber Officinale), Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllus) Buds, Distilled Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia), Sweet Valencia Orange (Citrus Sinensis), Italian Bergamot (Citrus Bergamia) Zest, Grapefruit (Citrus Paradisi), and Lemon (Citrus Limon) Essential Oils (Olea), Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Peg-100 Stearate, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Potassium Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Rice (Oryza Sativa) Bran Oil, Tribehenin, Caprylic/Capric/Stearic Triglyceride, Squalane, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Potassium Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben (iln20840).

on 11/11/2009 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm almost through my jar of this product. I must say, when applying it, it really does feel like you're treating your skin to soemthing luxurious. I love the smell of ginger and it has a lovely creamy texture.

Problem is, the smell doesn't last! Not even hints of it! Each time I apply about 2 hours later any whiff of this lovely scent has evaporated. It is also not moisturizing enough for my dry skin. It may work nicely as a summer moisturizer, but it's a little pricey for me to buy this product again since I really didn't love it.

The ingredient list is also on the long side for my tastes.

on 5/5/2009 12:11:00 PM

I love the smell! But I am having a hard time finding out why I paid so much money for it. I really wanted it because my best friend used to use it in high school, and I wanted it ever since. The texture is interesting. I never had a body butter or souffle, so this was new to me. It does not feel greasy or anything but I am still debating whether or not it is very moisturizing. I think it is quite luxurious, but the scent does not last very long, so that is a bit frustrating. I think it is a nice lotion/moisturizer whatever, but definitely not worth the price. It is not like you just use a dot and you are set, so you will use this up quicke than you thought if you are an avid applier. If it was cheaper, I would think about purchasing it again, but I doubt that will ever happen, and since I have gone "green" with my body products, I am fine using jojoba oil or whatever.

on 11/12/2008 8:42:00 AM

i love the ginger range from origins and i have the fragrance.this souffle isnt really rich enough for me and although it smells great on application,it sort of changes throughout the day....to a sort of wilted ginger scent!
buy the fragrance instead ladies.

on 9/6/2008 4:10:00 PM

I love the smell of ginger, but this lotion does not last very long. However, it absorbs really quickly and isn't too greasy. I've got other lotions that work the same, and the smell isn't enough to keep me buying it.

I got my hands on a very small size of this. I tried it for the zingy fresh smell of it. Warning-this is heavily fragranced. I would say that is works okay as far as lotions go, and is moderate in its moisturizing abilities. Once I applied it to my skin, is was not what I imagined, however. It has an astringent property that bothered my nose. My bf thought I smelled like bathroom cleaner and I had to agree. The ginger spiciness was nice but the citrus notes were too sharp and unnatural smelling to my nose.

I also think it was very overpriced for what it did for my skin. One positive is it did not give me a rash, which many lotions do. I would recommend trying it on your skin before buying rather than only sniffing the tester.

I love the light scent and the texture is easily spreadable. I read that this smell is an aphrodisiac. My boyfriend doesn't like most fragrances I wear. We'll see how this works!
UPDATE: My room is in the basement of our house and there is terrible circulation. The scent of this cream is so strong and as the day goes on, it starts to STINK!!! My boyfriend thought a cat peed in our room during the day. We don't have a cat.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I don't like scented lotions, and generally only use drugstore ones, but Origins' body lotions are the best part of their line. This one is my favorite and is the only scented body product I'll use. The fragrance is gorgeous-- rich, natural, and melts into your skin without being "loud". It's one of those deeply comforting fragrances. The cream itself is very moisturizing and makes skin incredibly soft-- lasts all day. The texture is perfect, very spreadable. In short, I hope to never be without this stuff. It pairs very well with the incredible spreadable scrub, which is very moisturizing, but you don't necessarily need both.

on 10/3/2007 7:48:00 PM

Not super moisturizing, but it smells so good that I have a hard time not eating it. Makes a nice gift.

on 10/3/2007 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried the ginger souffle sample and fell in luv with the product immediately. Normally I donít like the smell of ginger that much, but the cream doesnít actually smell too gingery. The smell is simply refreshing. The texture of the cream is a little too thick for my taste. Itís a bit hard to even out on the skin, so eventually I need to apply quite a bit. I canít make up my mind if itís a good body cream yet; since after a week of application, I still canít feel any difference. I think I need to give it another week to have a fair opinion.

on 6/29/2007 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

The lotion's ok, but the smell is too medicine-y for my taste.

Popular Lotions / Creams