Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%
The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

4.8

on 7/16/2017 10:59:00 PM

I have used 1% trentinoin in the past and my skin went crazy for about a month afterwards just gettinf used to it/purging. with this formula from The Ordinary, there is none of that purging. My skin didn't break out but it just worked to create smooth skin right from the first use. 2 drops is enough to cover my entire face. There is no smell and it is a milky formula that glides on easily. I have been using this for a month and a half. These usually take a while longer to see more dramatic results. But so far my skin has smoothed out and some shallow lines have softened out.

This is a great product and I highly recommend it. It delivers great results just after few uses and after 2 weeks I can see my skin improved a lot.

on 7/1/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

yep love this. Helped me cure my hormonal acne! thank you so much Deciem!

on 6/21/2017 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

So good, non-irritating, and very well priced!

on 12/20/2016 1:07:00 PM

I'm basically going to echo the great review below, since it's so thorough. If you haven't heard of The Ordinary, you need to check them out ASAP. VERY very very (almost obscenely - this was $9.80 USD...like, what) low price points and minimal ingredients (a plus for me, since random things break me out). Not only that, but their website is crazy informative.

This is but a snippet:

"This product uses next-generation retinoid active technologies which have been shown to achieve better reduction in signs of ageing than retinol without irritation. These technologies cannot be compared directly with retinol itself in terms of concentration because they include a different retinoid molecule."

I have been using a prescription 0.5% tretinoin cream on and off for a while, and this retinoid for about 2 weeks. I've honestly seen better results with this product with absolutely zero irrritation. My skin is very used to constant chemical exfoliation though. Since I've been really upping my skin care game, the effect hasn't been DRASTIC, but I can definitely tell a difference.

I've also been using their Niacinamide/Zinc & Alpha Arbutin/HA serums as well as the Lactic Acid and I can honestly recommend them all. They even have an Azelaic acid that I want to check out...honestly, I bet I'll eventually try all their products...

Lastly, if you need a pick-me-up, the info on the Niacinamide/HA serum has a note at the bottom that I imagine a totally fed up scientist wrote while she couldn't sleep after a Breaking Bad binge. It's great lol.

If this continues to work for me, I'm going to up my review to a 5 :)

EDIT: DEF A 5 LIPPIE PRODUCT