Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

4.5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great retinol product especially for the price! Would definitely buy again :)
My skin type: sensitive, dehydrated & extremely prone to acne and clogged pores

Pros:
- didn't break me out (didn't even experience purging which is normal for retinol products)
- great texture similar to that of a thin moisturizer/ emulsion
- did not make my skin drier or cause any flakiness/ dry patches, which I used to get from prescription retinol
- good stable packaging

Cons:
- effects aren't as fast/ extreme as prescription retinol

Edit: changed from 4 to 3 lippies,as I've realized this (and other retinol products) makes my textured skin and pitted scars look even more obvious :(

on 7/16/2017 10:59:00 PM

I have used 1% trentinoin in the past and my skin went crazy for about a month afterwards just gettinf used to it/purging. with this formula from The Ordinary, there is none of that purging. My skin didn't break out but it just worked to create smooth skin right from the first use. 2 drops is enough to cover my entire face. There is no smell and it is a milky formula that glides on easily. I have been using this for a month and a half. These usually take a while longer to see more dramatic results. But so far my skin has smoothed out and some shallow lines have softened out.

on 7/1/2017 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

yep love this. Helped me cure my hormonal acne! thank you so much Deciem!

on 6/8/2017 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had mild to moderate acne since the age of 16 (now 28) and have been put on accutane regime twice. I have done several chemical peels and microdermabrasion. I used tretinoine (in the form of isotrex) until december 2016. On january 2017 I purchased a La Roche Posay retinol product called Redermic R with no positive outcomes. I have been reading and informed from my derm about the benefits of retinoids and that's why I insisted.
Now about the actual condition of my skin. I do have enlarged pores and a lot of blackheads. I do get the occasional breakout usually around the beginning or end of my cycle (my acne was and still is hormone related) and am prone to comedones and whiteheads. What really bothers me and I want to solve is acne scarring and signs of premature aging which I have a lot due to harsh chemicals used to cure acne. I have a lot of small lines on my cheeks which are visible when I smile, am developing crows feet and permanent lines on my forehead.
I have used this product so far JUST ONCE,yesterday evening. I put it all over my face and neck. I even put it around my eyes and I didn't use any hydrator cause it felt pretty oily afterwards. The results I got in the morning were AMAZING!! My skin looked plump and healthy and my crows feet weren't that much noticeable. I still can't believe this isn't total bs and waste of money. I have been buying estee lauder eye creams, with no results, for about 4 years now and those things are damn expensive. This on the other hand is so cheap! I really hope it works in the long run! I don't care about the purging phase ,if it will happen to me, I am already used to acne. Just want something to incorporate to my routine that actually does a difference.