Deciem The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

The Ordinary Advanced Retinoid 2%

4.5

on 11/24/2017 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It is my first retinoid. I started every other night and I realised that's way too much. My face starting breaking out like crazy and I thought it was just the "purging phase" but after some research (read: googling) I toned down the regimen to once a week for a month and recently I just increased the frequency to 2x a week.

I think this product is really helpful? It helps with the existing acne scars/redness from previous acne. Though it does cause me to break out at places I don't normally have breakouts, which is my jawline.

Although it smells a little funky, it absorbs really fast (this seems to be common with all The Ordinary products) which is great.

on 10/25/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combo/oily/acne prone skin that is also sensitive.
I use this 2-3 times a week and the glow in my skin is definitely noticeable!
Acne spots are starting to fade and any slight pigmentation is barely visible. Been using for about 2-3 months now and it's amazing!
My skin does slightly peel but it is very controllable compared to retinoids Drs have prescribed me! Worth every dollar!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Well, I tried but ended up tossing. I'm not at all convinced that this particular retinol formulation is enough to produce any results on skin that is used to regular retinols (not Rx, just over the counter ). It felt nice enough but a little too moisturizing for my oily/combo skin. I think for a first time retinol user it would be a good way to ease in to retinols if your skin is sensitive or dry-ish.

on 10/6/2017 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

ive only used this once (i just started introducing retinol into my skincare routine) but so far i havent got any negative reaction from it whatsoever. i have a good feeling about the product coz i was afraid that my skin wasnt going to respond well to a retinol treatment but so far there has been no irritation no nothing so thats good. will continue using it for a year and see how i get on with it and update this review.

on 9/27/2017 6:27:00 PM

this is wonderful for my skin. It is not harsh at all. I use it every night on my face and neck. My skin is looking better and better

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This has worked miracles on my skin! After one use, I noticed my acne was much less angry, my skin was smoother, and I had a glow.
After weeks of use, my skin is much brighter and I barely break out anymore! It is gentle enough on my skin that I haven't had any redness, peeling or irritation. Other retinols I have used in the past have caused sensitivity and flaking, bit this one is just so soothing. This even fixed spots/blackheads/texture that even my trusty Paula's Choice BHA and AHA gels can't rid!
My nightly routine is cleanse, BHA, AHA, this retinoid, moisturiser with a couple of drops of the Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid and then let it absorb before bed. My skin hasn't looked better!
I am 32, have dry skin and starting to get forehead and undereye lines. Hopefully the retinol slows this process!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this. I alternate between using this and Skinceuticals 0.3 retinol and my skin is definitely looking brighter, although only time will tell whether this fades my pigmentation. Even with my acne scars however, I notice my skin glows and looks fresh and for the price point this product cant be beat.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was wary using this because I've never used any advanced Skincare products before this. I have to say I'm pleased with the results so far. It's been a week and my skin is looking brighter and clearer. I hope to see even more results with prolonged use.

on 8/26/2017 11:37:00 PM

This is one of my favorite products from The Ordinary. It feels light, absorbs quickly, and doesn't irritate my skin. I've been using for about a month and use this every night. Each morning, I wake up to a smoother, more even complexion. I don't ever want to be without this.

on 7/27/2017 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Fantastic product! I use 2 times a week at night time and next morning my skin feels bright and soft. For the price, it is a winner.